Items Similar to Black Sequin Cocktail Hat with Cage Veil, 1950s View More
Black Sequin Cocktail Hat with Cage Veil, 1950s
A knockout accessory for New Years Eve or a black tie event, this cocktail hat is as petite as a fascinator but packs the punch of a wide brim. Both glitzy and understated, it balances a glittering sequin skull cap with an alluring cage veil for an unforgettably sophisticated look. Rigid oval calot cap with pavé black sequins; attached tulle birdcage veil with rear center self bow and tails trimmed with sequins. Fully lined in black acetate. material: acetate, tulle veiling, sequins noteworthy: loosen dirt with baby toothbrush or compressed air repairs: none condition: very good with a few white specks on lining and underside of rear bow measurements: diameter: 7 ½” front to back, 7” side to side interior circumference: 21” veil: hangs 1” below hat edge at front, 3 ½” below edge at sides and rear bow: 9 ½” wide x 7” deep crown height: 2 ½” label: no label present size: no size tag present ; comparable to modern size 21
- In the Style OfCocktail
- Place of OriginUnknown
- Condition DetailsA few white specks on lining and underside of rear bow
- DimensionsH 2.5 in. x Dm 7.5 in.H 6.35 cm x Dm 19.05 cm
- Marked Sizenone; comparable to size 21 (US)
- Diameter7.5 in. (19.05 cm)
- Seller LocationPhoenix, AZ
- Seller Reference Number0811.09.536
- Reference NumberLU86435616082
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 1 day of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in Phoenix, AZ
More From This Seller
Houndstooth, Herringbone and Tweed Wool Gatsby Cap, 1960s
$75 Sale Price
Houndstooth, Herringbone and Tweed Wool Gatsby ...
An easy upgrade for your weekend wardrobe, this is the accessory that makes all outfits suddenly cuter. Wearable anywhere, these hats had been men’s wardrobe staples since the 20s u...
Mod Ivory Wool Bubble Hat - Marshall Field Fren...
Minus the chin strap, nearly identical to the spectacular Andre Courrèges number Audrey Hepburn wore in "How To Steal a Million." A Mod masterpiece. Ivory brimless soft bubble hat w...
Hattie Carnegie Mod Burgundy Bubble Hat, 1960s
Bubble hats: Mods went mad for them because their softness perfectly balanced their angular clothes, and they gave a silent middle finger to British "Bobbys" who wore them as part of...
Pierced Celluloid Tortoiseshell Pieneta Hair Co...
Just one of the treasures brought back from a mother-daughter world tour, this comb was purchased in Spain in 1924. Its impressive width and high profile are perfectly suited for wea...