Items Similar to Men’s William Lyons Black Fine Felt Bowler Hat – size 7 1/8, 1920s
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 10
Men’s William Lyons Black Fine Felt Bowler Hat – size 7 1/8, 1920s
A mainstay for both noblemen and commoners, the bowler was the chosen headwear of outlaws, bankers, Prime Ministers and vaudevillians because its low crown kept it from being knocked off the head in high winds and its rigidity withstood being misshapen when stomped. Made in Massachusetts, this one was likely worn with pinstripe trousers, a Crombie coat and a turned walking stick. Vintage bliss. Black fine felt bowler hat with matching 1 ½” grosgrain band and flat left side bow; wrapped in black grosgrain around brim edge. Unlined with leather interior fitting band. Gold stamped with Wm Lyons & Son logo and perforated with original owner’s monogram (“GHD”) on interior leather band. material: fine-finish felt noteworthy: remove surface soil with baby toothbrush or compressed air repairs: none condition: good with extremely faint, even fading, light wear around grosgrain-wrapped edge (concentrated in front, where it would have been “tipped”) and a few loose stitches around leather interior band measurements: crown diameter: 6 3/8” side to side, 8” front to back crown circumference: 22 3/8” (interior) brim circumference: 36 ¾” brim width: 2” bow: 4 ½” wide x 1 ½” tall crown height: 5 ½” label: Wm G Lyons & Son (Fitchburg, Mass) size: no size tag present; comparable to size 7 1/8
- DimensionsDepth: 5.5 in. (13.97 cm)Diameter: 8 in. (20.32 cm)Marked Size: none; comparable to size 7 1/8 (US)
- StyleBowler (In the Style Of)
- Place of OriginUnited States
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Extremely faint, even fading; light wear around grosgrain-wrapped edge (concentrated in front, where it would have been “tipped”); and a few loose stitches around leather interior band.
- Seller LocationTucson, AZ
- Reference NumberSeller: 0811.09.5031stDibs: LU86439575562
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$70 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 8-10 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Tucson, AZ
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Tucson, AZ
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 2005
1stDibs seller since 2017
157 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Tucson, AZThe gold standard in men’s millinery, Borsalino has been making the finest hats since 1857. This exceptional Dia...Category
- Located in Tucson, AZAn easy upgrade for your weekend wardrobe, this is the accessory that makes all outfits suddenly cuter. Wearabl...Category
1960s Caps$75 Sale Price21% Off
- By DeborahLocated in Tucson, AZNot for the faint of heart, this frothy cocktail hat will add inches to your height and ensure you leave a memor...Category
You May Also Like
Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent Black Leather Flight Cap
By Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent
Located in Scottsdale, AZ
Straight from the Tom Ford archives! Circa 2003 from YSL's S/S collection, this flight cap is crafted from a shiny smooth black patient leather and is lined with cashmere and silk. F...
Early 2000s Hats
Hattie Carnegie Vintage Hat From I Magnin Curly Lambswool & Velvet Newsboy Cap
By Hattie Carnegie
Located in Portland, OR
If you collect vintage hats or specifically love the designer Hattie Carnegie, you will adore this little curly lambswool vintage cap with black velvet brim! From a prominent estate,...
HUBERT de GIVENCHY c.1950's Silk Velvet Juliette Calot Cap Hat
By Hubert de Givenchy
Located in Thiensville, WI
HUBERT de GIVENCHY c.1950's Silk Velvet Juliette Calot Cap Hat Circa: Early 1950’s Label(s): Reproduction of Hubert de Givenchy Paris; Doop’s (Hollywood) Designer: Hubert de Givenc...
Rolling Stones "Road To Babylon" 1997 World-Wide Tour Signature Concert Cap
By Rolling Stones
Located in New York, NY
The Rolling Stones 1997 World-Wide "Road To Babylon Concert Tour black cotton cap has their signature "Sticky Tongue" in front. The center back has their "...
Mr. John 1960s Black Velvet Vintage Hat White Leather Trim Hat Pin I Magnin
By John Harberger, Mr. John
Located in Portland, OR
This is an outstanding vintage 60's hat from wonderful John Harberger, or Mr. John. This hat was purchased at I Magnin and is made of black velvet on the outside, with beautiful whit...
1960s Adolfo Black Velvet Equestrian Hat With Gold Embellishments
Located in Houston, TX
Artfully constructed equestrian style hat by Adolfo! This hat is a composed of two panels that meet at a jagged decorative seam like a puzzle, gold The brim slopes down slightly a...
Emilio Pucci Multi Color Purple, Pink, Turquoise, Brown Velvet Hat Vintage
By Emilio Pucci
Located in North Miami, FL
This fabulous vintage Emilio Pucci velvet hat is from the 60's. It has a cowboy style wide brim high center. It is a size small and will fit a very small head. The swirling colors ar...
Versace "Chaos" Blind Date Denim Hat
Located in Scottsdale, AZ
Keep it camp with Versace Jean Couture "Chaos" denim hat, printed with colorful Butterflies and Blind Date written in words. Keep it casual or dress this cap up with leather. Size Me...
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery