Valentino Black Leather Studded Jacket Size 8
About the Item
- Dimensions:Length: 20.75 in (52.71 cm)Marked Size: 8 (US)Bust: 46 in (116.84 cm)Waist: 42 in (106.68 cm)Hip: 48 in (121.92 cm)
- Place of Origin:Italy
- Seller Location:Beverly Hills, CA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU178219482382
The mononymously known Italian designer Valentino Clemente Ludovico Garavani (b. 1932) is renowned for his fashion house of romantic styles and feminine shapes that he founded in Rome in 1960.
An early fascination with fashion developed when Valentino attended the theater as a child and was dazzled by the evening gowns on stage. While a teenager in Voghera, Lombardy, he studied under Italian designer Ernestina Salvadeo and soon moved to Paris, where he trained at the École des Beaux-Arts and the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne. Valentino spent time apprenticing under haute couturiers Jean Dessès and Guy Laroche, learning how to design and construct high fashion while also thinking about how to strike out on his own.
In 1959, Valentino returned to Italy, and a year later, he opened his own salon, soon joining with longtime professional and personal partner Giancarlo Giammetti. It was located on Rome’s trendy Via Condotti and modeled after the French maisons. One of his earliest clients was Elizabeth Taylor, who discovered Valentino while she was in Rome filming Cleopatra and ordered the white dress that she wore to the premiere of Spartacus. When the designer launched his first couture line in 1962 with its fiery red colors, it was internationally celebrated, with Valentino soon attiring fashion trendsetters including Princess Margaret and Audrey Hepburn. He formed an especially close friendship with Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, for whom he designed numerous dresses. Luxurious drapery with fine needlework, bold uses of color and dramatic flourishes would define Valentino fashion across the decades.
As a fashion house, Valentino is best known for its signature Valentino Red color, though one of its iconic lines is the monochromatic “no colour” collection for which the designer won the Neiman Marcus Award in 1967. (The collection also debuted his trademark “V.”) The white and beige dresses led to a demand for Valentino wedding gowns, with clients including Elizabeth Taylor, Jennifer Lopez and Anne Hathaway. Valentino retired from his fashion empire in 2007, with Alessandra Facchinetti and then the duo Maria Grazia Chiuri (who departed in 2016) and Pierpaolo Piccioli succeeding him as creative directors. But Valentino still steps out of retirement for special occasions, such as designing a wedding gown for Princess Madeleine of Sweden in 2013. Today, the brand has expanded far beyond women’s haute couture and prêt-à-porter to encompass various lines of accessories, including shoes, sunglasses, scarves and perfume.
Find vintage Valentino evening dresses, handbags and other items on 1stDibs now.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Beverly Hills, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Dsquared2 Black Lether Jacket Size 44Located in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: Size 44 100% leather Featuring moto style leather jacket with silver tone hardware, collar, four six front pockets, front zipper closure, zipper and metal click in ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Romanian Coats and Outerwear$1,192 Sale Price20% Off
- Derek Lam 10 Crosby Blue Leather Jacket, Size 4By 10 Crosby Derek LamLocated in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: The jacket is made out of 100% genuine lambskin in ocean blue/ turquoise color. It features collar, front button closure and front dual pockets w/ button closure. M...Category
Late 20th Century American Coats and Outerwear$760 Sale Price20% Off
- 1990s Vintage Azzedine Alaia Denim Coat Jacket Size MBy Azzedine AlaïaLocated in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: Circa 1990's Size medium Featuring 100% cotton dark blue denim, mid length coat with gold tone hardware, front click in buttons closure, dial zip pockets. Made in Fr...Category
1990s French Coats$2,320 Sale Price20% Off
- Erika Cavallini Semi- Couture Animal Print CoatLocated in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: Featuring leopard print, front button closure, collar detail, 3/4 length sleeves (17" long) and oversized fit. Made in France.Category
Late 20th Century French Jackets$1,000 Sale Price20% Off
- Sonia Rykiel Black Wool Blazer Jacket Size 38By Sonia RykielLocated in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: Featuring black wool blazer with silk collar, dual front pockets and gold stitching detail. Made in France.Category
Late 20th Century French Blazers$520 Sale Price20% Off
- Jil Sander Black Long Sleeves Top Jacket, Size 34By Jil SanderLocated in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: Featuring 3/4 sleeves length, collar, front silver tone concealed zip closure, slit details on the sides.Category
Late 20th Century Jackets$360 Sale Price20% Off
- UNWORN Chanel Brown Lambskin Suede Fur Shearling Outwear Jacket 34By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHAmazing CHANELreal fur leather shearling jacket A true CHANEL signature item that will last you for many years Fitted style So versatile, wea...Category
Late 20th Century Jackets$2,999 Sale Price50% Off
- Ann Demeulemeester Fabulous Tuxedo Tail Jacket 40By Ann DemeulemeesterLocated in Port Hope, ONMade of virgin wool and lined , this is a spectacular piece by the Belgian designer. Some of the details are: slightly bell shaped sleeves with four buttons on each side; a discreet...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Belgian Tuxedo Jackets$507 Sale Price40% Off
- Gianni Versace Vintage 1980s Black Suede JacketBy Gianni VersaceLocated in Doncaster, South YorkshireA fabulous vintage womens Gianni Versace womens suede jacket from the 80s. This wide sleeved jacket is a great example of Gianni's earlier work wh...Category
1980s Italian Coats
- Castelbajac Ko & Co Vintage Black Wool Avant Garde Color Block Coat, 1980sBy Castelbajac, JC DE CASTELBAJACLocated in Doncaster, South YorkshireAn incredible and rare vintage womens overcoat from the early 80s by luxury French fashion designer, JC De Castelbajac. This coat is an earlier design in Castelbajac's career - for h...Category
- Valentino Vintage Mens Navy CoatBy ValentinoLocated in Doncaster, South YorkshireAn amazing and rare vintage Valentino mens coat from the 90s in a navy blue wool and cashmere fabric with four excellent utility style pockets, a drawstring on the interior that pulls in the waist for a trimmer silhouette and a high funnel neck that conceals a waterproof hood. Size: Marked IT 52 / US 42 which equates to a mens XL but this gives a relaxed fit. Chest - 50” / 132cm (alllow 4-6" room for movement) Waist - 48” / 122cm Hips - 52” / 132cm Length (Shoulder to Hem) - 29” / 73cm Shoulder to Shoulder - 20” / 51cm Sleeve Pit to Cuff - 19” / 48cm Sleeve Shoulder to Cuff - 26” / 66cm Condition: Excellent Vintage Condition - Tiny nick to top layer of back, not noticeable when worn. No noticeable stains, tears or holes. - Front zip fastening with poppers to secure - Four front pockets - Gruppo Gft...Category
1990s Italian Coats
- Akris for Bergdorf Goodman Vintage Dark Blue Velvet Zip Front Jacket, 1990sLocated in Doncaster, South YorkshireA chic vintage womens jacket from the 90s by luxury Swiss fashion house, Akris for high end department store, Bergdorf Goodman. In a deep midnight blue velvet, highlighted with beaut...Category
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery