2008 Prada James Jean Fairy Collection Pink Print Silk Dress
About the Item
- Dimensions:Length: 38.5 in (97.79 cm)Marked Size: 38 (US)Bust: 32 in (81.28 cm)Waist: 25 in (63.5 cm)Hip: 34 in (86.36 cm)
- Style:dress (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin:Italy
- Seller Location:Boca Raton, FL
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU7304575151
The House of Savoy coat of arms and knotted rope on Prada’s seal herald that the iconic Italian luxury fashion house was named Official Supplier to the Italian Royal Household in 1919. Started in 1913 by Mario Prada, the brand’s original shop in Milan’s Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II still has the mahogany shelves that displayed its early wares such as travel items and handbags. Today, these fine leather goods are joined by the clothing, wallets and other various accessories that keep the brand on the cutting edge of fashion.
When Mario Prada’s granddaughter, Miuccia Prada (b. 1949), inherited the business from her mother in the late 1970s, Prada was recognized for its quality craftsmanship, yet it was still a modest-sized company. Miuccia, an enthusiast of unconventional Italian filmmakers who’d earned a Ph.D. in political science, introduced the concept of using pocone — a military-grade water-resistant nylon that feels like silk.
Nylon revolutionized the fashion house’s business, with the first Prada nylon backpack released to universal acclaim in 1984. Soon the durable, water-resistant material was incorporated into Prada’s ready-to-wear collections for both men and women. No one had previously considered nylon a part of luxury fashion, and it wasn’t long before the family-owned company best known for its luggage was leading modern style that emphasized function as much as form.
Characterized by clean lines and a refined elegance that signaled the new direction of the legacy brand, Miuccia Prada debuted her first ready-to-wear collection for women in Fall/Winter 1988. More inventive fashion would follow in the ensuing years, such as the 1993 launch of the more affordable, more playful Miu Miu line, which was aimed at a younger audience, and the introduction of Prada Sport in 1997 — a collection now widely seen as prescient for its embrace of athleisure.
Prada has regularly gone against the grain to elevate styles that have long been out of fashion. In 1996, there were dresses and skirts in clashing patterns and muted earth tones that seemed flat and outdated, all worn with chunky high wedge sandals. Fanny packs followed three years later, and elaborate lace in 2008. Each season continues to bring new eye-catching innovations for the historic brand, including enhanced attention to sustainability with Prada Re-Nylon, a new line of bags created from recycled ocean plastic.
Today, find a wide variety of vintage Prada evening dresses, bags and other items on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Boca Raton, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
- Chloe Karl Lagerfeld Boteh Dress High Neck Lace Inset, 1981By ChloéLocated in Boca Raton, FLKarl Lagerfeld opened the 1980s at Chloe with a return to the traditional. As the house began to shift its direction to designing for the career woman, Lagerfeld paralleled this shif...Category
1980s French Day Dresses
- Junya Watanabe Comme des Garcons Burgundy Purple Gold Lace Kimono Sleeve DressBy Junya Watanabe, Junya Watanabe Comme des GarçonsLocated in Boca Raton, FLLace gets the avant-garde treatment in this pretty spring/summer 2012 Junya Watanabe dress. The traditional fabric, here woven from richly hued burgundy, purple and gold threads into...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Japanese Day Dresses
- Prada Sleeveless Silk Mohair Parrot Applique Dress Runway, 2005By PradaLocated in Boca Raton, FLInspired by so-called “birds of vanity”, the 2005 Prada collection boasted vibrant hues and natural textures mixed with modern, linear details. The designs from this collection combi...Category
Early 2000s Italian Day Dresses
- Norman Norell Dress as seen on Jacqueline Kennedy, 1960sBy Norman NorellLocated in Boca Raton, FLJacqueline Kennedy is undoubtedly one of the most enduring style icons, and Norman Norell was one of her go-to designers. When she got ready for a state visit to the Parthenon in Ath...Category
1960s Day Dresses
- Prada Sleeveless Silk Mohair Parrot Applique Dress Runway, 2005By PradaLocated in Boca Raton, FLInspired by so-called “birds of vanity”, the 2005 Prada collection boasted vibrant hues and natural textures mixed with modern, linear details. The designs f...Category
Early 2000s Italian Day Dresses
- Vintage Pucci Formfit Rogers Caftan & Maxi dress 1960sBy Emilio PucciLocated in Boca Raton, FLThis is quite an unusual piece for a Pucci as the entire body is a solid, with only print and color in the trimmings. Beautiful and ethereal with twist! You can still get your Pu...Category
1960s Italian Kaftans
- S/S 1991 Gianni Versace Marilyn Monroe James Dean Silk MOD Micro Mini DressBy Gianni VersaceLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: S/S 1991 Gianni Versace CONDITION: Excellent FABRIC: Silk COUNTRY MADE: Italy SIZE: 46- A-line MOD 60's style body so fits ...Category
1990s Italian Mini Dresses
- Loro Piana Red Cashmere and Tweed Shift Dress NWT Size 40By Loro PianaLocated in Thousand Oaks, CALoro Piana Red And White Tweed Shift Dress Silk Lined. Straight Silhouette Tags Still on. Retail $2595 Pockets Depending on your height - Just above the knee Model is 5'3 Size 40Category
2010s Shift Dresses
- Missoni Gold and Yellow Knit DressBy MissoniLocated in Thousand Oaks, CAMissoni rose gold knit mini dress. This semi-sheer dress is sleeveless, and has a v-neck with yellow and gold color-blocking at the mid-thigh to create a layered effect. Great for r...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Day Dresses
- 1999 Chanel Boutique Peach SundressBy Chanel BoutiqueLocated in London, GBA Chanel sun dress in peach and metallic pink shot taffeta from the brand Spring 1999 collection. The reflective quality of the fabric makes the dress shift colour under movement. Th...Category
20th Century French Day Dresses
- 1970s John Charles Floral DressLocated in London, GBJohn Charles London floral dress in shades of orange, green, mauve and brown. With cape effect sleeves finished with ruffles to the edge. 1970s. John Charles London label. Marked size 12 Vintage designer day dresses...Category
20th Century Day Dresses
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery