F/W 2002 Dolce & Gabbana Runway Brown Silk Halter Micro Mini Dress
About the Item
Dolce & Gabbana
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Yukon, OK
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- S/S 1996 Gianni Versace Sheer Pearl Ivory Nylon Bodycon Medusa Logo DressBy Gianni VersaceLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: S/S 1996 Gianni Versace CONDITION: Good- main label is missing FABRIC: Nylon & Spandex COUNTRY MADE: Italy SIZE: 42 MEASUR...Category
1990s Italian Casual Dresses
- S/S 1991 Gianni Versace Marilyn Monroe James Dean Silk MOD Micro Mini DressBy Gianni VersaceLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: S/S 1991 Gianni Versace CONDITION: Excellent FABRIC: Silk COUNTRY MADE: Italy SIZE: 46- A-line MOD 60's style body so fits ...Category
1990s Italian Mini Dresses
- 1990's Jean Paul Gaultier Butterfly Embroidered Red & Black Fringe Wrap DressBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: 1990's Jean Paul Gaultier CONDITION: Good- one tiny faint mark- please see last photo FABRIC: 100% Acetate COUNTRY MADE: It...Category
1990s Italian Maxi Dresses
- F/W 1997 Gucci by Tom Ford Sheer White Asymmetrical Halter Mini DressBy Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: F/W 1997 Gucci by Tom Ford CONDITION: Good- Lining was removed and tags were re-attached. FABRIC: Viscose & Spandex COUNTR...Category
1990s Italian Mini Dresses
- F/W 1993 Gianni Versace Black & White Vertical Stripes Sheer Silk Long DressBy Gianni VersaceLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: F/W 1993 Gianni Versace CONDITION: Good- faint mark - very minor- see last photo FABRIC: Silk & Spandex COUNTRY MADE: Italy...Category
1990s Italian Maxi Dresses
- S/S 2005 Look 44 Jean Paul Gaultier Runway Black Cut-out Draped Fringe DressBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: S/S 2005 Jean Paul Gaultier Runway Look #44 CONDITION: Good- light wear- no holes or stains! FABRIC: 100% rayon COUNTRY MAD...Category
Early 2000s Italian Casual Dresses
- Azzedine Alaia black white polka dot sleeveless flare babydoll mini dress FR 36By Azzedine AlaïaLocated in Paris, FRAzzedine Alaia sleeveless flared dress in black with white polka dot print Fitted upper which extends into a flared full skirt Concealed back zip Size: FR 36 with plenty of stretch...Category
2010s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Lanvin white grecian style washed silk crystal embellished wedding dress gownBy Lanvin ParisLocated in Paris, FRLanvin Paris Collection Blanche Resort 2011 A beautiful floor length grecian style loose fitting ivory gown with crystal embellished waist band that would w...Category
2010s Wedding Dresses
- Christian Dior Resort 2018 brown cream floral print corset bustier midi dressBy Christian DiorLocated in Paris, FRChristian Dior Resort 2018 Cream midi length dress with brown floral print Boned corset upper with underwire cups Button up front which is f...Category
2010s French Evening Dresses
- Valentino 18 white aztec leopard print crepe cady low cut silk gown dress IT 38By ValentinoLocated in Paris, FRValentino Resort 2018 floor length dress in leopard print motif developed in collaboration with artist Sandra Rhodes Print in Burgundy, pink and green...Category
2010s Italian Maxi Dresses
- VIVIENNE WESTWOOD "Active Resistance To Propaganda" Manifesto Asymmetrical DressBy Vivienne WestwoodLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVIVIENNE WESTWOOD "Active Resistance To Propaganda" Manifesto Asymmetrical Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Shoulder: FREE due to asymmetric c...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Aesthetic Day Dresses
- Zandra Rhodes Black Silk Evening DressBy Zandra RhodesLocated in Paris, FRGorgeous Zandra Rhodes evening dress featuring a silk black taffeta fabric base, with gold metallic paint on the skirt portion, skirt gets an inside a tulle petticoat, a center back ...Category
1980s British Mini Dress