Ralph Lauren halter neck red black beige stripe striped maxi jersey gown dress
About the Item
To suggest that Ralph Lauren has come a long way is an understatement. From his humble beginnings as a tie salesman working out of a drawer at New York’s Empire State Building, he grew one of the world’s largest and most successful fashion empires from scratch.
For decades, Ralph Lauren’s clothing brand has blended classic, preppy Americana East Coast-style with the look of upper-crust English aristocracy. This style is the hallmark of Ralph Lauren’s design and can be seen in all facets of his brand, from its vintage apparel, accessories and jewelry to furniture and décor.
The iconic fashion designer was born Ralph Rueben Lifshitz in New York City and grew up in the Bronx. When he and his brother were in their teens, they changed their surname from Lifshitz to Lauren after being teased about it at school. Later on, Lauren took business classes at night, worked at various menswear retailers and did a stint in the U.S. Army. While working at tie manufacturer Beau Brummel, he was inspired to create his own line of ties.
In 1967, Lauren launched “Polo,” ties handmade from high-quality fabrics featuring a wide design. They were a success. Lauren sold $500,000 worth to retail giants Bloomingdale’s, Neiman Marcus and Paul Stuart in his first year.
Lauren expanded his designs into clothing, with his first menswear line of classic tweed suits in 1968 and, in 1971, his first line of womenswear featuring classic feminine tailoring. Lauren’s nostalgic fashion soon captured the eye of Hollywood. He created costumes for the 1974 adaptation of The Great Gatsby and was responsible for Diane Keaton’s distinctive feminine menswear look in 1977’s Annie Hall. Ralph Lauren’s designs have since garnered national and international acclaim and recognition — from Gwyneth Paltrow’s iconic pink 1999 Oscars dress to becoming the official outfitter of Team USA for the Olympics since 2008.
In 2018, Ralph Lauren celebrated his 50th anniversary with a star-studded fashion show and, in 2019, was awarded an honorary knighthood — the highest British honor — for services to fashion.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Paris, France
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Chloe S/S10 ivory white beige chiffon silk layered sleeveless wedding dress gownBy ChloéLocated in Paris, FRLook 29 from the Chloe Spring Summer 2010 runway collection Floor length silk gown in what one would call off white/ecru, or a very pale beige Sleeveless ...Category
2010s Unknown Wedding Dresses
- Celine Phoebe Philo cream ribbed stretch body con knitted sweater midi dressBy CelineLocated in Paris, FRCeline Phoebe Philo Resort 2017 A beautifully stretch fitted knit ribbed dress in cream as seen on Kim Kardashian Turned up hem Small slits to each cuff Midi length Wear in the day w...Category
2010s Italian Informal Dresses
- Bevza wool cut out long sleeve ivory cream slit midi sweater dress XSLocated in Paris, FRA beautiful wool dress by the designer BEVZA in ivory/cream Cut out detail Three hooks at the bust Central back zip Back slit Size XS 100% wool New with tags Measurements: (dress h...Category
2010s Ukrainian Informal Dresses
- Etro paisley print red blue black white halter neck backless draped maxi dressBy EtroLocated in Paris, FREtro paisley print floor length dress from the S/S 2014 runway collection Halter neck cut with a draped neckline Body con stretch fit Backless Colours consist of red, blue, green, b...Category
2010s Italian Maxi Dresses
- Jean Paul Gaultier watercolour print sleeveless off the shoulder midi dress MBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Paris, FRJean Paul Gaultier Maille vintage off the shoulder stretch viscose dress Graffiti print in an array of colours that include in varying shades ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Informal Dresses
- Missoni sleeveless pink beige blue white grey knit knitted flare maxi gown dressBy MissoniLocated in Paris, FRLook 8 from Missoni Fall 2011 Missoni sleeveless floor length dress with a fitted upper and flared skirt Missoni knit in varying shades of dusky pink, beige, blue, white and grey Raw...Category
2010s Italian Maxi Dresses
- Roberto Cavalli Embroidered Cheetah Lace Up Silk Dress Tunic as seen on JLO XSBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Switzerland, CHRoberto Cavalli Main Line As seen on Jennifer JLO Lopez Finest silk printed with signature Cavalli cheetah theme Signed Roberto Cavalli on silk all over Leather lace up in front, can...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Mini Dress
- UNWORN Emilio Pucci Silk Jersey Fan Signature Print Cocktail Dress 40By Emilio PucciLocated in Switzerland, CHA stunning dress by Emilio Pucci. The striking print and style of this dress echoes the Twenties and its art deco style movement and has been brought up...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Jean Paul Gaultier multicoloured floral silk halterneck dress, ss 2001By Jean Paul GaultierLocated in London, GB▪ Jean Paul Gaultier halterneck silk dress ▪ Enlarged multicoloured floral print ▪ Accordion pleated bust with halterneck ties ▪ Nude accordion pleated silk chiffon shoulder straps...Category
1990s Italian Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Gianni Versace Fuchsia Floral One Shoulder DressBy Gianni VersaceLocated in Milano, ITFabulous one-shoulder short dress designed by Gianni Versace in the 1990s, made in Italy. ORIGINAL LABEL. The dress is very seductive, made entirely of a soft fuchsia fabric with a f...Category
1990s Italian Aesthetic Day Dresses