- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
S/S 2005 Roberto Cavalli Rhinestone Ruched Bodycon Stretch Black Halter Gown
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: XS (NA)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Light wear from age and use throughout.
- Seller Location:Philadelphia, PA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU2388218227832
Whether they’re adorned with understated floral patterns or colorful prints that draw on the wonders of the animal kingdom, vintage Roberto Cavalli dresses and evening gowns, shirts and skirts are unapologetically exuberant. All of the seductive garments crafted at the luxury fashion house have long been associated with extravagance and red-carpet sophistication, and their stories begin in Central Italy.
Roberto Cavalli was born in Florence, Tuscany, in 1940 into an already artistically rich family — his mother was a tailor and his grandfather, Giuseppe Rossi, was a member of an Italian art movement called Macchiaioli that shared common ground with Impressionist painters. Cavalli was creative at the onset and focused on textiles at the Florence Academy of Art. He garnered some high-profile attention with bold prints on knitwear.
After he patented an experimental and revolutionary process that saw him printing on lightweight leather, Cavalli secured commissions from major fashion houses such as Hermès and Pierre Cardin. He explored integrating handmade ornamentation in his designs and found limitless inspiration in the majestic creatures of the jungle.
In the early 1970s Cavalli unveiled his first namesake collection in Paris and the Sala Bianca of Palazzo Pitti in Florence. He then opened his inaugural boutique in France’s Saint-Tropez in 1972. While the designer’s printed denim offerings were deemed unsophisticated by the day’s couturiers — they looked down upon the material — Cavalli’s form-fitting, sensual cuts, innovative patchwork and obvious dedication to impeccable craftsmanship found admirers in the likes of Sophia Loren and Brigitte Bardot.
In 1980 Cavalli married former beauty pageant contestant Eva Düringer, who became his trusted business partner. Now a signature of the label, the pair introduced their first sand-blasted jeans in 1994 and later opened boutiques in Venice and elsewhere.
Cavalli’s designs sold all over the world, and the brand’s success helped pave the way for the introduction of a line that targeted younger consumers and RC Menswear to complement the array of day dresses, shoes, lingerie and coats and outerwear that were offered in his popular boutiques. In 2005 Cavalli was asked to help reinvigorate Playboy’s iconic bunny costumes and, in 2006, model Kate Moss starred in his spring/summer ad campaign. A year later, Cavalli created an exclusive collection for H&M and designed costuming for Jennifer Lopez concerts as well as the Spice Girls.
Sicilian designer Fausto Puglisi was appointed creative consultant in 2020 at the Roberto Cavalli brand, which is now owned by Vision Investments.
Find vintage Roberto Cavalli clothing, accessories, handbags and purses and more on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- S/S 1997 Gucci by Tom Ford Runway Green Blue Ombré Velvet Shift DressBy Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a blue velvet ombré Gucci shift dress, designed by Tom Ford. From the Spring/Summer 1997 collection, this dress debuted on the ...Category
1990s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- F/W 2003 Versace by Donatella Black Zipper Flare Runway DressBy Versace, Donatella VersaceLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a fabulous black Versace mini dress, designed by Donatella Versace. From the Fall/Winter 2003 collection, this dress debuted on the season's runway as look 25 a...Category
Early 2000s Italian Mini Dresses
- F/W 2005 Versace by Donatella Black Ruched Ribbon Bodycon Sheer Tube DressBy Versace, Donatella VersaceLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a chic black Versace mini dress, designed by Donatella Versace. From the Fall/Winter 2005 collection, this dress features a wide scoop neckline a concealed zipp...Category
Early 2000s Italian Mini Dresses
- S/S 1991 Gianni Versace Purple Gathered Ruched Sleeveless Cocktail DressBy Gianni Versace, Gianni Versace CoutureLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a vibrant purple Gianni Versace midi dress, designed by Gianni Versace. From the Spring/Summer 1991 collection, this dress fea...Category
1990s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- 2000s Valentino Black Sheer Panel Halterneck Rhinestone Buckle GownBy Valentino Garavani, ValentinoLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a fabulous black Valentino halterneck gown. From the 2000s, this full-length dress features a high neckline and an exposed back. The gown is made complete with ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Formal Gowns
- 1990s Thierry Mugler Black Wool Strapless Velvet Accent Hourglass Mini DressBy Thierry MuglerLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a beautiful black Thierry Mugler strapless dress, designed by Manfred Mugler. From the 1990s, this stunning dress features black velvet details at the bust and ...Category
1990s Italian Mini Dresses
- Vintage MOSCHINO CHEAP and CHIC "Are You Feeling Dirty" DressBy Moschino, Moschino Cheap and ChicLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage MOSCHINO CHEAP and CHIC "Are You Feeling Dirty" Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Bust: 17.32 inches (40 cm) not stretched Waist: 14.96 inches (36 cm) not stretched Hips: 17.32 inches (41 cm) not stretched Length: 57 inches (104 cm) Features: - 100% Authentic MOSCHINO Cheap and Chic. - Halter neckline with opening at the back. - Print of a lady with apron stating "Maid in Italy" and jeweled shoes...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Aesthetic Day Dresses
- Vintage 1997 JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Tortoise Shell Embellished Print Open Back DressBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage 1997 JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Tortoise Shell Embellished Print Open Back Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Bust: 15.75 inches (40 cm) open ba...Category
1990s French Evening Dresses
- Vintage JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Raffia Knit Crochet Nautical DressBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Raffia Knit Crochet Nautical Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust and waist: Shoulder: 17.71 inches (45 cm) Bust: 14.17 inches (36 cm) w...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Aesthetic Day Dresses
- Vintage JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Trompe L'Oeil Sheer Tuxedo Print Mesh Maxi DressBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Trompe L'Oeil Sheer Tuxedo Print Mesh Maxi Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Shoulder: 13.77 inches (35 cm) not stre...Category
1990s French Maxi Dress
- Vintage MOSCHINO French Menu Novelty DressBy Moschino Jeans, MoschinoLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage MOSCHINO French Menu Novelty Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Shoulder: 15.75 inches (40 cm) Sleeves: 18.1...Category
1990s Italian Casual Dresses
- Vintage MOSCHINO COUTURE Roman Centurion Gladiator Velvet DressBy Moschino, Moschino CoutureLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage MOSCHINO COUTURE Roman Centurion Gladiator Velvet Dress From 1989 Collection. Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips...Category
1980s Italian Day Dresses
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery