An impeccable and rare 1960s Pierre Balmain silk and lace haute couture dress with hand embroidered blue and silver colored glass beads. The dress has a high neckline with scalloped edges that gently covers the collarbone. A transparent top layer stretch across the upper chest and into long tapered sleeves. The pearl embroidery is randomly scattered across the bust and lower part of the dress but forms an intricate pattern incasing the body. The transparent lace has a delicate leopard print. The dress has a complimenting powder pink silk lining and a metal back zipper and single button closure in the back. The dress is couture numbered: 173001 The size of the dress corresponds to a modern size Ekstra Small
- Place of originFrance
- ConditionExcellent. The dress is in an overall excellent vintage condition, but please note the dress does show minor sign of wear consistent with age and use, and a few original beads have come off - nothing noticeable when worn .
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
D 35.44 in.
D 90 cm
- Bust34.65 in. (88 cm)
- Waist28.35 in. (72 cm)
- Hip31.5 in. (80 cm)
- Length35.44 in. (90 cm)
- Shoulder to Hem28.35 in. (72 cm)
- Seller locationCopenhagen, DK
- Seller reference number146
- Reference numberLU13321079872
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2015
Typical response time: 10 hrs
Located in Copenhagen, DK
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like