Dolce & Gabbana F/W 2004 sheer pink lace silk crystal strap dress gown
About the Item
Dolce & Gabbana
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Paris, France
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Bevza wool cut out long sleeve ivory cream slit midi sweater dress XSLocated in Paris, FRA beautiful wool dress by the designer BEVZA in ivory/cream Cut out detail Three hooks at the bust Central back zip Back slit Size XS 100% wool New with tags Measurements: (dress h...Category
2010s Ukrainian Informal Dresses
- Etro paisley print red blue black white halter neck backless draped maxi dressBy EtroLocated in Paris, FREtro paisley print floor length dress from the S/S 2014 runway collection Halter neck cut with a draped neckline Body con stretch fit Backless Colours consist of red, blue, green, b...Category
2010s Italian Maxi Dresses
- Valentino wedding ivory strapless fitted bodice bow back silk train gown dress SBy ValentinoLocated in Paris, FRLOVE LALI Vintage A beautifully minimalist wedding gown by Valentino, simple and elegant. Ivory strapless dress in silk that has slight stretch ...Category
2010s Italian Wedding Dresses
- Herve Leger Paris vintage body con green cross over strappy halter mini dress SBy Herve LégerLocated in Paris, FRLOVE LALI Vintage Herve Leger Paris vintage body con dress Beautiful shade of pale green Criss Cross neckline straps with key hole detail Halter nec...Category
1990s French Evening Dresses
- Escada vintage white red heart print button up denim jean sleeveless dressBy EscadaLocated in Paris, FREscada vintage white denim jean dress with red heart print Buttons up the front with gold logo engraved buttons Cross over straps at the back Two flap pockets either side on the bre...Category
1990s German Informal Dresses
- Chloe S/S10 ivory white beige chiffon silk layered sleeveless wedding dress gownBy ChloéLocated in Paris, FRLOVE LALI Vintage Look 29 from the Chloe Spring Summer 2010 runway collection Floor length silk gown in what one would call off white/ecru, or a very pal...Category
2010s Unknown Wedding Dresses
- Gianni Versace F/W 2000 Runway Plunging Lace Silk Backless Evening Dress GownBy Gianni Versace CoutureLocated in Naples, FLGianni Versace F/W 2000 Runway Plunging Sheer Lace Silk Backless Evening Dress Gown IT 40 Look 59 from the Fall 2000 Collection.Category
Early 2000s Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Extremely Rare Mariano Fortuny Cotton DelphosBy FortunyLocated in Riverdale, NYThis extraordinarily rare dress is made of finely pleated white cotton. Few cotton pleated Fortuny dresses have been documented and survived.
Named after a Greek clas...Category
Early 20th Century Italian Art Deco Delphos Gowns
- Vintage 1950's Howard Greer Lace and Rhinestone Embellished Dress UK 8 US 4By Howard GreerLocated in Cheltenham, GBThis magnificent 1950's Chantilly lace and silk dress, in a palette of cream lace and apricot silk lining, accented by claw set silver rhinestones, this Howard Greer dress is a rare ...Category
1950s American Cocktail Dresses
- Rasario Draped Metallic Silk And Crepe Mini DressLocated in Brossard, QCDetachable collar Back zip fastening Contrast piped trim Front button fastening Fitted waist Monogram pattern Metallic threading Flared skirt Short length. Made in Italy Composition;...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Alessandra Rich Floral Puff-Sleeve Silk Mini Dress IT42 US6By Alessandra RichLocated in Brossard, QCFOLLOW US @RUNWAYCATALOG High collar Long puff sleeves Concealed back zip closure Button cuffs Ruffled trim All over print placement may vary Fitted w...Category
21st Century and Contemporary British Cocktail Dresses
- Jean Paul Gaultier Striped Marine Sailor Transparent Mesh Vintage Maxi DressBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in PARIS, FRTransparent marine dress by Jean Paul Gaultier. In very good condition. SIZE Woman: fits from small to medium. No size label. Model`s size in photos: XS. Measurements: (taken uns...Category
1990s Italian Evening Dresses