- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
UNWORN Emilio Pucci Embroidered Silk Sequin Evening Kaftan Maxi Dress Gown 40
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: 40 (EU)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Unworn with original tag and extra sequins attached Pulls inside the lining from handling Minor imperfection, missing sequins.
- Seller Location:Switzerland, CH
- Reference Number:Seller: EPMXKFT40BLKBLT1stDibs: LU416312444672
By the mid-1960s, the international fashion press, enamored of his dazzling scarves and slithery dresses in sensuous psychedelic silk jersey, had dubbed Florentine designer Emilio Pucci the Prince of Prints. Less well known is that, starting in the early 1950s, Pucci applied his colorful, abstract patterns to static angular mediums such as ceramics, floors and furniture, imbuing them with movement, not to mention glamour. He was the first fashion designer to enter the lifestyle market, founding the successful brand that exists today.
Born in 1914 to one of Italy’s oldest noble families, Emilio Pucci, Marchese Pucci di Barsento, was a member of the postwar international jet set, hopping from beach to mountain to city. His fashion career began unexpectedly in 1947, when he created a revolutionary stretch ski outfit that was photographed on the Swiss slopes for Harper’s Bazaar.
Eschewing a life of aristocratic glamour, the self-taught Pucci opened a boutique on Capri dedicated to simple resort clothing (think capri pants) that evoked the Mediterranean’s undulating waves and refreshingly bright colors. At the time, luxury fashion was as constricted as a Dior cocktail dress, but the Swinging Sixties were on the horizon. Signed with what Vogue International editor Suzy Menkes calls a “handwritten ‘Emilio’ flourish” — a concept, she points out, as novel as that of designer ready-to-wear — his designs were soon seen on celebrities like Jackie Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe.
From the airline uniforms he created for Braniff in the 1960s to the emblem he crafted for the Apollo XV space mission in 1971, Pucci’s designs were visionary. In spite of his traditional roots (or because of them), the Prince of Prints was forward thinking and outward looking. Pucci put his signature flourish on patterns that were flexible — first for fashion, then for furnishings and objects. Whether on fabric or foam, shelves or sails, as he first explained some 70 years ago, the ornamental designs work in “continuous motion.” Venturing into nontraditional design partnerships, he laid the groundwork for a future brand, a classic legacy that his daughter Laudomia Pucci continues today.
Find vintage Emilio Pucci evening dresses, scarves, skirts and other clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: DXB, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- UNWORN Emilio Pucci by Peter Dundas Black Lace Mirror Lace Up Dress 38By Emilio PucciLocated in Switzerland, CHStunning Emilio Pucci dress Designed by Peter Dundas Sexy lace-up adjustable décolleté Mirror Details Finest French lace Scalloped hem Made In Italy Dry Clean Only Retails for 3799$...Category
2010s Italian Mini Dress$1,499 Sale Price25% Off
- UNWORN Emilio Pucci by Peter Dundas 2011 Navy Crochet Knit Maxi Dress Gown 42By Peter Dundas, Emilio PucciLocated in Switzerland, CHABSOLUTELY INSANE EMILIO PUCCI MIDNIGHT BLUE CROCHET KNIT CUTOUT GOWN DESIGNED BY PETER DUNDAS SOLD OUT IMMEDIATELY WORN BY TOPMODELS AS CLAUDIA SCHIFFER, MIRANDA KERR...Category
2010s Italian Evening Gowns
- NEW Emilio Pucci Embroidered Silk Sequin Evening Kaftan Maxi Dress Gown 40By Emilio PucciLocated in Switzerland, CHStunning Emilio Pucci Evening Gown Pièce unique - you will not see anybody else wearing this fantastic gown Rich silk fully embroidered with sequins in the famous Pucci pattern Slits...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Evening Gowns$6,999 Sale Price50% Off
- UNWORN Emilio Pucci Embroidered Cocktail Evening Dress 40By Emilio PucciLocated in Switzerland, CHStunning cocktail dress by Emilio Pucci Blush linen silk fabric with black and white trimming Full beading Beautiful embroidery and flower trimming Fully lined Closes with zip in bac...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Cocktail Dresses
- NEW Emilio Pucci Signature Print Seashells Chiffon Silk Plissee Pleated Dress 40By Emilio PucciLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful Emilio Pucci silk dress Layered with finest chiffon silk with Emilio Pucci signature print with seashell motif "Emilio" discreetly written all over Plissee with ruffle acce...Category
2010s Italian Cocktail Dresses$599 Sale Price57% Off
- UNWORN Emilio Pucci Silk Jersey Fan Signature Print Cocktail Dress 40By Emilio PucciLocated in Switzerland, CHA stunning dress by Emilio Pucci. The striking print and style of this dress echoes the Twenties and its art deco style movement and has been brought up to date in this playful yet f...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Cocktail Dresses$499 Sale Price66% Off
- Vintage 1978 Bob Mackie for Mitzi Gaynor Documented Sequin Feather Dance CostumeBy Bob MackieLocated in Beverly Hills, CABreathtaking Bob Mackie designed sequin illusion dance costume made for Mitzi Gaynor's 1978 television special "What's Hot, What's Not". She finds hers...Category
1970s American Wedding Dresses
- Unworn Vintage Pink & Silver 1920's Style Silk Evening Dress w Beads & SequinsLocated in Portland, ORThis is a stunning vintage pink flapper style evening dress with silver, pink and sequins and silver bugle beads. We love that the pattern of the beading and sequins creates a sunbur...Category
1980s Indian Evening Dresses
- Vintage 1964 Balenciaga Haute Couture Metallic Pink Beaded Silk Strapless DressLocated in Beverly Hills, CAA stunning and incredibly rare Balenciaga metallic-gold brocaded pink silk evening dress from his 1964 Spring-Summer collection. Cristobal Balenciaga began his life's work in fashion...Category
1960s French Aesthetic Evening Dresses
- Vintage Chanel Haute Couture Ivory Lesage Embroidered Silk Bridal Gown & JacketBy ChanelLocated in Beverly Hills, CAChanel is known to be one of the most luxurious and decadent fashion houses in the world. This breathtaking fully-embroidered ivory silk gown with matching jacket, from their iconic 1982 fall-winter haute couture collection, is a perfect example of why this couture brand has stood the test of time. Not only is this opulent creation very rare; it is so timeless and elegant. Fashioned from the highest quality fully-lined ivory silk, both pieces has exquisite hand-stitched metallic embroidery, embellished crystals and the finest tulle inserts in relief by the House of Lesage...Category
1980s French Wedding Dresses
- Shimmering Alexander McQueen Gold Jeweled Evening Dress GownBy Alexander McQueenLocated in Los Angeles, CAAlexander McQueen entrance maker gold metallic gown. Fashioned of a neutral shimmering gold metallic animal print showered with sparkling crystal embellishments. Mock neck and conc...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Evening Dresses
- F/W 1977 Yves Saint Laurent Haute Couture 'Les Chinoises' Documented Dress SetBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a well-documented piece of fashion history expertly crafted by a master couturier in his prime. Yves Saint Laurent designed this dress for his infamous and brand-defining 'Les Chinoises,' or 'Opium Couture,' collection. A version of this Cheongsam-inspired belted dress set debuted on the Fall/Winter 1977 Haute Couture runway in July 1977 and appears in Saint Laurent's original archival sketches, held by the YSL Museum in Marrakesh. This collection corresponded with the release of YSL's infamous Opium fragrance and featured the designer's dreamy interpretation of historical Chinese style elements. Marino Schiano, one of YSL's muses, wore a similar set to the "Yves Saint Laurent Presents Opium Perfume...Category
1970s French Evening Dresses$55,960 Sale Price20% Off
- Gucci Runway Fairy Tale Embellished Dress GownBy GucciLocated in Los Angeles, CAGucci cape gown designed by Alessandro Michele. Shown on the runway in look 24 from Gucci's Resort 2018 collection. Fashioned of azalea pink and soft violet silk. Adorned with 3 s...Category
2010s Evening Dresses
- Vintage 1989 Gianni Versace Haute Couture Beaded Circus Novelty Gown and ShawlBy Versace, Gianni VersaceLocated in Beverly Hills, CAAn exceptional and museum quality Gianni Versace hand-beaded gown and matching full-length shawl dating back to his famous 1989 haute couture collection. This one-of-a-kind ensemble ...Category
1980s Italian Aesthetic Evening Dresses
- Halston 1970s Wrap Beaded GownBy HalstonLocated in Water Mill, NYAn amazingly detailed elegant red silk beaded wrap dress from Halston. The floor length gown is covered in red glass tubular beads in an intricate abstract shapes pattern with red ne...Category
1970s American Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Rare Halston Hand Painted CaftanBy HalstonLocated in New York, NYRare, historical caftan of silk crepe with hand painted and tie dyed images of Hollywood icons, one with lilac hair resembling Garbo. Halston's handpainted/tie dyed series from the early 1970's was produced by famed textile house Up Tied. Up Tied was an American textile house (working out of a studio in Chinatown) specialising in hand painted and tie-dyed fabrics founded in 1968 by the husband and wife team Will and Eileen Richardson and Eileen's brother, Tom Pendergast They won a special Coty Award for "major creativity in fabrics" in 1970. This large black silk crepe oversized T shirt shape fits a myriad of shapes. Halston was an early convert...Category
1970s American Caftans
- Emilio Pucci Dramatic Cut-Out Beaded Bias Cut GownBy Emilio PucciLocated in Los Angeles, CAEmilio Pucci green goddess jeweled bias cut gown. Fashioned of double layered jersey; waist cut-out; side zipper closure. Features an exquisite beaded and crystal long sleeve enhance...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Evening Gowns
- EMILIO PUCCI silk and lace black/white long one shoulder- dress IT 42By Emilio PucciLocated in Rubiera, REEMILIO PUCCI Long one-shoulder dress in white silk and black lace with short tail Deep left side slit Black bow in silk on the left shoulder Draping on the hips Side zip Size IT 42 M...Category
2010s Italian Evening Gowns
- Emilio Pucci Cocktail dress size 40By Emilio PucciLocated in Gazzaniga (BG), ITViscose (97%) and elasthane Black color Epalouettes Total lenght cm 88 (346 inches)Category
2010s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Emilio Pucci Dress size 40By Emilio PucciLocated in Gazzaniga (BG), ITViscose (85%) nylon (11%) and elasthane Black color Silk lining Golden and bronze studs on epalouettes Waist embosssing Maximum length cm 94 (37 inches) French size 36 italian 40Category
2010s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Emilio Pucci Lace dress size 40By Emilio PucciLocated in Gazzaniga (BG), ITPolyamid Black color Laced Short sleeves Opening on the back Shoulder/hem length cm 92 (36,22 inches)Category
2010s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- $8500 Emilio Pucci Embellished Gown Eva Longoria Wore to the ALMA Awards 38 US 4By Emilio PucciLocated in Montgomery, TXEmilio Pucci Runway Black Embellished Gown. Sexy Slashed Details Accent with Silver / Black Crystals Embellishments. This Sleek Dress Featured Gorgeous ...Category
2010s Italian Evening Gowns
Recently ViewedView More
How Fashion Icon Emilio Pucci Became the Prince of Psychedelic Prints
The Italian design icon set the course for creating a comprehensive lifestyle brand.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery