- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Dolce & Gabbana New With Original Tags Black Tuxedo Vest w Purple Leopard Back
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Portland, OR
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
Dolce & Gabbana
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
- Gianni Versace Jeans Couture 1995 Multicolor Berries Fruit Vest w Medusa ButtonsBy Gianni Versace, Versace Jeans CoutureLocated in Portland, ORThis is a unique cotton fruit printed denim vest with the Versace Jeans Couture label from 1995. The base color of this vest is black and has vertical stripes that feature multi colo...Category
- Issey Miyake 1980s Vintage Jacket in Purple Cotton Kimono Style JapanBy Issey MiyakeLocated in Portland, ORThis is a vintage 1980s kimono style top / jacket in a heavy deep purple 100% cotton with iconic Issey Miyake oversized styling. This fabulous vintage top is labeled a Medium but c...Category
- Dynasty 1960s Vintage Silk Chinese Evening Jacket New in Original Box With TagsBy DynastyLocated in Portland, ORThis beautiful champagne silk jacket from Dynasty was purchased at Mandarin Textiles Limited in Hong Kong in the 1960's and is still in its original box! This lovely evening jacket...Category
- John Galliano for Christian Dior 1960s Inspired Pink 2008 Vintage Jacket TopBy Christian Dior, John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in Portland, ORThis is a 2008 John Galliano for Christian Dior 1960's inspired salmon pink vintage shantung silk short sleeve cropped blouse or jacket. This piece was featured in a variety of color...Category
Early 2000s Blouses and Tops
- Vintage Heavily Beaded Cardigan Style Jacket W Rare Label Spaghetti EnglandLocated in Portland, ORThis is a very rare Spaghetti jacket that is heavily and intricately beaded. When we say heavily beaded, we mean it! This absolutely incredible jacket is completely covered with glas...Category
Late 20th Century Jackets
- Maurizio Galante Vintage Green Silk Organza Pleated Cape Style Evening TopBy Maurizio GalanteLocated in Portland, ORThis is a stunning vintage green evening cape style pleated top from Maurizio Galante for Circolare. This incredible top has green silk taffeta under the pleated sheer organza overla...Category
You May Also Like
2010s Bolero Jackets
Early 2000s Shirts
21st Century and Contemporary Blouses and Tops
Featured in Most Coveted Designs
21st Century and Contemporary Photography
2010s German Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and Pendants
1950s Modern Nude Prints
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1920s Art Deco Brooches
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery