Unworn F/W 1999 Dolce & Gabbana Runway Sheer Black Silk & Lace Long Cape Dress
About the Item
Dolce & Gabbana
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Yukon, OK
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- F/W 2006 Christian Dior John Galliano Bronze Leather Pirate Cut-Out JacketBy Christian Dior, John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: F/W 2006 Christian Dior by John Galliano CONDITION: Good (no flaws on the outside) label has light discoloration from an at...Category
Early 2000s French Jackets
- F/W 1988 Azzedine Alaia Runway Sheer Black Cut-Out or Cross Front Mini DressBy Azzedine AlaïaLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: F/W 1988 Azzedine Alaia- can be worn 2 ways as seen in the photos. CONDITION: Excellent FABRIC: 100% cotton COUNTRY MADE: ...Category
1980s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- S/S 2004 Christian Dior John Galliano Black 20's Style Drop Waist Silk DressBy Christian Dior, John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: S/S 2004 Christian Dior by John Galliano CONDITION: Good- no holes or stains FABRIC: Silk COUNTRY: France SIZE: F-38 MEASUR...Category
Early 2000s French Mini Dresses
- Vintage S/S 1997 Gucci by Tom Ford Runway Red Velvet Chain Strap Backless DressBy Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: S/S 1997 Gucci by Tom Ford Runway- second photo is Kate Moss wearing the dress in Harpers Bazaar CONDITION: Good- The origi...Category
1990s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- F/W 2004 Runway Atelier Versace Black Sheer Mesh Cut Out Studs Beaded Gown DressBy Donatella Versace, Atelier VersaceLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: F/W 2004 Atelier Versace CONDITION: Excellent MATERIAL: 99% silk 1% nylon COUNTRY MADE: Italy SIZE: 40- runs small MEASUREM...Category
Early 2000s Italian Evening Dresses
- 2003 Christian Dior by John Galliano Black Plunging Extra High Slit Gown DressBy Christian Dior, John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: 2003 Christian Dior by John Galliano CONDITION: Good MATERIAL: Acetate & Viscose COUNTRY MADE: France SIZE: 38 MEASUREMENTS...Category
Early 2000s French Evening Dresses
- Alexander McQueen black double-breasted blazer mini dress with cut-out, ss 1998By Alexander McQueenLocated in London, GB▪ Alexander McQueen black blazer mini dress ▪ Double-breasted ▪ Nude nylon mesh cut-out panel ▪ Peak lapels ▪ 2 front flap pockets ▪ ...Category
1990s Italian Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Issey Miyake Beautifully Draped Deconstruct Black "Balloon Pockets" Jacket/DressBy Issey MiyakeLocated in New York, NYExtremely Issey Miyake Beautifully "Work of Art" Draped Deconstruct Black "balloon pockets" optional jacket/dress has a single button in front. What makes this piece a work of art...Category
1990s Japanese Jackets
- Gianfranco Ferre Leopard Print Silk Blazer JacketBy Gianfranco FerréLocated in Beverly Hills, CAGianfranco Ferre Leopard Print silk blazer jacket . Marked size 38/ Fit size 2/4/ Small Shoulder: 15” ( flat) Bust: 34”/ Waist: 30” / Hip : 34” / sleeve length: 24”Category
Early 2000s Italian Blazers
- Giorgio di Sant Angelo Black and Gold Crepe Robe JacketBy Giorgio di Sant' AngeloLocated in Beverly Hills, CA70s Giorgio di sant Angelo black and gold crepe robe jacket/duster. Jacket has no button. Fit size 4/6/8 ( small to medium)Category
1970s Italian Caftans
- S/S 1994 Gianni Versace Couture Floral Print Black Silk Blazer JacketBy Gianni Versace, Gianni Versace CoutureLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a beautiful multicolored floral Gianni Versace blazer, designed by Gianni Versace. From the Spring/Summer 1994 collection, this g...Category
1990s Italian Blazers
- S/S 1993 Gianni Versace Couture Black Floral Print Silk Medusa Blazer JacketBy Gianni Versace, Gianni Versace CoutureLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a beautiful multicolored floral Gianni Versace blazer, designed by Gianni Versace. From the Spring/Summer 1993 collection, this g...Category
1990s Italian Blazers