Dolce & Gabbana grey wool ribbed knit high waisted leggings
About the Item
Dolce & Gabbana
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Issey Miyake knitted fringed pants, c. 1980sBy Issey MiyakeLocated in London, GBEarly and rare Issey Miyake rib knit cropped pants from the 1980s. Fringed seams with three button closure on each leg. Size: SCategory
1980s Japanese Pants
- Vivienne Westwood lace screen printed denim corset and jeans, fw 1992By Vivienne WestwoodLocated in London, GBVivienne Westwood lace screen printed denim corset and high rise slim jeans Fall-Winter 1992Category
1990s British Corsets
- Margiela Artisanal white painted denim jean pants, fw 1999By Maison Martin MargielaLocated in London, GBMartin Margiela; Artisanal white painted denim jeans. Matte white finish with original blue denim interior. Fall-Winter 1999Category
1990s Italian Pants
- Gucci by Tom Ford beaded flared evening pants, ss 2000By Tom Ford for GucciLocated in London, GBGucci by Tom Ford flared evening pants, heavily beaded in a psychedelic striped print. Spring-Summer 2000Category
- Dolce & Gabbana white lambskin leather buckled bondage pants, ss 2003By Dolce & GabbanaLocated in London, GB▪ Dolce & Gabbana white lambskin leather pants ▪ 100% Lambskin leather ▪ Twenty-two metal buckles ▪ Zip-up sides and pockets ▪ Four metal hoops with metal chain ▪ IT 42 - FR 3...Category
Early 2000s Italian Pants
- Givenchy Haute Couture by Alexander McQueen metallic leather pants, fw 2000By Givenchy, Alexander McQueenLocated in London, GB▪ Givenchy Haute Couture leather pants ▪ Designed by Alexander McQueen ▪ Leather with metallic gold, silver and copper painted camo print ▪ Leaf shaped appliqués around waist ▪ Ex...Category
1990s French Pants
- Louis Feraud vintage white linen and gold buttons trousersBy Louis FeraudLocated in Antwerp, BELouis Feraud white linen trousers designed to be worn open or closed with a series of gold buttons Size: French 40 - US 8 - UK 12 Please use the me...Category
1980s French Pants
- Michael Kors New Color Block PantsBy Michael KorsLocated in Water Mill, NYFabulous red, black and camel taupe polished cotton pants by Michael Kors. They are mid rise with a red waistband, a black panel across the front hips, and taupe front straight legs....Category
Early 2000s American Pants
- NEW Missoni Embroidered Crochet Knit Jumpsuit Overall Romper 42By MissoniLocated in Switzerland, CHThis Missoni embroidered crochet-knit jumpsuit is as colorful and vibrant as the setting you'll likely be wearing it in. Classic MISSONI signature zigzag crochet knit Stunning color...Category
2010s Italian Jumpsuits
- Dior White Cotton Paisley Sequin Embroidered Flared Jeans LBy Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Made from cotton and lycra, these flared jeans from Dior will be a perfect addition to your denim collection. They carry pockets, front fastening and detailing of sequins in paisley ...Category
2010s French Jeans
- Saint Laurent Paris Indigo Washed Denim Distressed Slim Fit Jeans SBy Saint LaurentLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2These stylish Saint Laurent Paris jeans are absolute must-haves! Crafted from pure cotton and come in a lovely shade of indigo. They are designed with a washed effect, distressed det...Category
2010s Italian Jeans
- Escada White Cotton Twill Denim Sequined Rosette Applique Flared Jeans MBy EscadaLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Every wardrobe deserves a fabulous pair of jeans and what better than these jeans from Escada. The white pair is made of a cotton blend and features a lovely sequined rosette appliqu...Category
2010s German Jeans
Recently ViewedView All
This Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen Ensemble Is Part Zsa Zsa Gabor, Part ‘Blade Runner’
As Burton steps away from the brand, it’s a fitting time to revisit one of her visionary designs.
Vivienne Westwood’s Punk Spirit Lives On in This ’90s Tartan Ensemble
The shorts suit in a mash-up of patterns with an asymmetrical cut speaks to the designer’s rebellious spirit.