- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Dolce & Gabbana F/W 2002 J-Lo fishnet swarovski top
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingEstimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Rome, Italy
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Dolce & Gabbana
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
- Dolce & Gabbana F/W 1991 Black Crop Bustier with CrystalsBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Rome, ITDolce & Gabbana F/W 1991 Black crop bustier with big chunky crystals and velvet lining. Crystals yellowed a bit over time, one stone is missing. Extremely rare piece. Size IT 44, but...Category
1990s Bustiers$4,297 Sale Price42% Off
- Dolce & Gabbana 1991 Red Crystal BraBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Rome, ITDolce & Gabbana black bra with red chunky gem stones embroidered on the fabric, hook closure on the front. One gem is missing (as pictured), reflected on the price. 100% Polyamide ...Category
- Jean Paul Gaultier F/W 2001 Marlene Dietrich Op Art TopBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Rome, ITJean Paul Gaultier maroon long sleeve turtleneck mesh top featuring the iconic Op Art inspired Marlene Dietrich print from Fall/Winter 2001 collection. Small hole (pictured), not vis...Category
Early 2000s Shirts
- Jean Paul Gaultier Koi Fish Tattoo Wrap TopBy Jean Paul Gaultier Soliel, Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Rome, ITJean Paul Gaultier 2000s short sleeve mesh top featuring Japanese inspired Koi Fish print. The top wraps around the waist with spaghetti straps. 100% Polyamide, Made in Italy Size...Category
Early 2000s Blouses$537 Sale Price33% Off
- Jean Paul Gaultier F/W 1998 Runway Gothic Cross Mesh TopBy Jean Paul Gaultier Classique, Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Rome, ITJean Paul Gaultier Fall/Winter 1998 Black Mesh long sleeve top with Red/Orange Gothic Cross motif both on front and back, black wool crewneck and cuffs. Materials: 89% Polyamide Nyl...Category
- Jean Paul Gaultier S/S 2000 Polynesian print Mesh T-ShirtBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Rome, ITJean Paul Gaultier mesh t-shirt featuring Polynesian print from the Spring/Summer 2000 collection Size XL, stretchable fabric Shoulder to shoulder - 40cm / 15,7 inches Pit to pit...Category
Early 2000s Blouses
You May Also Like
Early 2000s Shirts
Early 2000s Blouses and Tops
21st Century and Contemporary Shirts
21st Century and Contemporary Collars
Early 2000s Bustiers
21st Century and Contemporary Blouses and Tops
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery