- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Spring 1998 Prada Black Silk Mandarin Collar Sleeveless Top
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
The House of Savoy coat of arms and knotted rope on Prada’s seal herald that the iconic Italian luxury fashion house was named Official Supplier to the Italian Royal Household in 1919. Started in 1913 by Mario Prada, the brand’s original shop in Milan’s Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II still has the mahogany shelves that displayed its early wares such as travel items and handbags. Today, these fine leather goods are joined by the clothing, wallets and other various accessories that keep the brand on the cutting edge of fashion.
When Mario Prada’s granddaughter, Miuccia Prada (b. 1949), inherited the business from her mother in the late 1970s, Prada was recognized for its quality craftsmanship, yet it was still a modest-sized company. Miuccia, an enthusiast of unconventional Italian filmmakers who’d earned a Ph.D. in political science, introduced the concept of using pocone — a military-grade water-resistant nylon that feels like silk.
Nylon revolutionized the fashion house’s business, with the first Prada nylon backpack released to universal acclaim in 1984. Soon the durable, water-resistant material was incorporated into Prada’s ready-to-wear collections for both men and women. No one had previously considered nylon a part of luxury fashion, and it wasn’t long before the family-owned company best known for its luggage was leading modern style that emphasized function as much as form.
Characterized by clean lines and a refined elegance that signaled the new direction of the legacy brand, Miuccia Prada debuted her first ready-to-wear collection for women in Fall/Winter 1988. More inventive fashion would follow in the ensuing years, such as the 1993 launch of the more affordable, more playful Miu Miu line, which was aimed at a younger audience, and the introduction of Prada Sport in 1997 — a collection now widely seen as prescient for its embrace of athleisure.
Prada has regularly gone against the grain to elevate styles that have long been out of fashion. In 1996, there were dresses and skirts in clashing patterns and muted earth tones that seemed flat and outdated, all worn with chunky high wedge sandals. Fanny packs followed three years later, and elaborate lace in 2008. Each season continues to bring new eye-catching innovations for the historic brand, including enhanced attention to sustainability with Prada Re-Nylon, a new line of bags created from recycled ocean plastic.
Today, find a wide variety of vintage Prada evening dresses, bags and other items on 1stDibs.
- Prada Brown Wool Knitted with Fur Dyed Mink TopBy PradaLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Prada brown wool knitted pullover top. - Fur inserted dyed mink panel in front. - Fur is made in Finland. - Size 44. - 100% Virgin Wool.Category
1990s Blouses and Tops
- Prada Pink Sleeveless Collar ShirtBy PradaLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Prada pink sleeveless shirt. Featuring five buttons closure, two front and back slit hem. - Made in Italy. - Size 42. - 55% Rayon, 45% Cotton. - Never been worn...Category
1990s Sleeveless Shirts$315 Sale Price20% Off
- Unworn 1998 Prada Beige Cotton/Spandex Mandarain Collar Sleeveless TopBy PradaLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Prada beige cotton/spandex mandarin collar sleeveless top from spring 1998 collection. - Velcro and hook closure. - 95% cotton, 5 % spandex. - Size 44. - Unworn and attache...Category
1990s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Prada White Cotton Knitted Shoulder Epaulettes Short Sleeves Collar ShirtBy PradaLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Prada white cotton knitted short sleeves collar shirt. The style is fitted. - Featuring shoulder epaulettes with button closure. Front buttons closure. Two front pock...Category
- Y's by Yohji Yamamoto Black Velvet Long Sleeves Turtleneck TopBy Yohji YamamotoLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Y's by Yohji Yamamoto black velvet long sleeves turtleneck top. - Made in Japan. - Size 3. - 90% Polyester, 10% Polyurethane.Category
1990s Shirts$280 Sale Price58% Off
- Escada Black Cotton Gold Toned Charms U Neck Short Sleeves TopBy EscadaLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 80s Escada black cotton gold toned charms u neck short sleeves top. - Made in Germany. - Size 38. - 100% Cotton.Category
1980s Blouses and Tops$180 Sale Price37% Off
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Shirts
21st Century and Contemporary Blouses and Tops
Early 2000s Blouses
Early 2000s Blouses and Tops
Early 2000s Sleeveless Shirts
2010s Blouses and Tops
21st Century and Contemporary Collars
21st Century and Contemporary Collars
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery