S/S 1992 Dolce & Gabbana Bridal Wedding Gown Bustier Tulle Skirt Shrug Set
About the Item
Dolce & Gabbana
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Yukon, OK
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- 1990's Jean Paul Gaultier Bodycon Knit Black Wide Leg JumpsuitBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: 1990's Jean Paul Gaultier CONDITION: Good- no flaws FABRIC: No tag- bandage type stretchy fabric blend COUNTRY MADE: Italy ...Category
1990s Italian Jumpsuits
- S/S 1995 Dolce & Gabbana Sheer White Knit High Waist Pants & Crop Top JumpsuitBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: S/S 1995 Dolce & Gabbana CONDITION: Good- very minor wear, labels and tags removed, still has Dolce & Gabbana hardware. Ple...Category
1990s Italian Jumpsuits
- 1999 Jean Paul Gaultier Sheer Black Mesh Fragile Crop Top & Wiggle Skirt SetBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: 1999 Jean Paul Gaultier CONDITION: Good- There is a tiny imperfection on one of the ties on the top, very minor, won't be s...Category
1990s Italian Crop Tops
- S/S 2005 Chanel Sheer Knit Gold Halter Catsuit JumpsuitBy Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: S/S 2005 Chanel CONDITION: Good- no holes or stains FABRIC: Nylon-Rayon-Polyester COUNTRY MADE: Italy SIZE: 38 with lots of...Category
Early 2000s Italian Jumpsuits
- 1990's Dolce & Gabbana Black & White Logo Monogram Jumpsuit Bodysuit LeggingsBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: 1990's Dolce & Gabbana jumpsuit consisting of a bodysuit and leggings CONDITION: Good- these are actually unworn- you can t...Category
1990s Italian Bodysuits
- 2001 Gucci Tom Ford Ivory Silk Chinese Dragon Embroidered Jacket Pant TracksuitBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: 2001 Gucci by Tom Ford CONDITION: Good FABRIC: Silk COUNTRY MADE: Italy SIZE: Pants size 38 but loose and baggy- Jacket is ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Jackets
- 1980S GALANOS Blush Pink Silk Crystal & Sequin Beaded Lace Blouse With ChiffonBy GalanosLocated in New York, NYThe pants are double layered and cut on the bias with side slits. Hemmed with the most beautiful haute couture grade baby hand rolled seams. Clothing will very simply never be made t...Category
1980s American Evening Dresses
- Valentino Long Couture Silk Cady Jumpsuit IT42 US6By ValentinoLocated in Brossard, QCValentino's V emblem stands out in high-contrast red against the white silk fabrication of this jumpsuit. Round neckline Long sleeves Concealed back hook and zip closure Concealed bu...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Jumpsuits
- Gianni Versace Couture Betty Boop Cartoon Pop Art 90s Catsuit Jumpsuit DressBy Gianni VersaceLocated in PARIS, FRSuper sexy vintage overalls dress by Gianni Versace! Go back to the 90s! Pattern: Betty Boop Stars Motorcycles Cars Roses Pin up symbols New Jersey ...Category
- Vintage Moschino "Cruise Me Baby" Ivory Jacket & Dress EnsembleBy MoschinoLocated in Los Angeles, CAResurrection Vintage is excited to offer a vintage off-white Moschino Couture by Franco Moschino rayon blend, gold-embroidered dress, and jacket ensembl...Category
1990s Italian Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- A French Dress and Jacket in Lustrous Printed Satin Silk Circa 1970Located in Toulon, FRCirca 1965-1970 France Dress and bolero in waxed printed silk satin from the 1960s with no label. Long dress with finely pleated skirt at the waist ending in a point on the front. Fitted bustier with small straps and concentric pleated work highlighting the chest. Small matching sleeveless bolero and pointed tails folded over the shoulders. Very beautiful silk satin with waxed rigidity and decor of large bouquets of naturalistic flowers on a silver gray and honeycombed background. Clean dress but with some very rare pin spots...Category
1960s French Evening Dresses
- A Jean-Louis Scherrer By Stéphane Rolland French Couture Set Fashion Show 2007By Jean-Louis ScherrerLocated in Toulon, FRSummer Collection 2007 France A Jean-Louis Scherrer fashion show set in powder-pink silk jersey or Look No. 13 by Stephane Roland from the Haute Couture Summer Collection 2007. Slee...Category
Early 2000s French Informal Dresses