Thierry Mugler Black Suit Sculptural Jacket Skirtsuit
About the Item
Mugler, who went by Manfred in recent years, founded his brand in 1973 with his first personal collection. By the late 1990s, he was more famous for his fragrances, thanks to the brand’s best seller Angel. But the designer’s vintage evening gowns and dresses have recently returned to red carpets, worn by stars like Kim Kardashian and Cardi B.
Thierry Mugler’s penchant for performance, drama and costuming came from his background in ballet, having danced as a teenager with the Opéra national du Rhin in his hometown of Strasbourg, France. In the 1980s and ’90s, his couture shows were theatrical and futuristic, similar to those of his contemporaries Jean Paul Gaultier and Christian Lacroix. In one of Mugler’s shows, the then-pregnant legendary supermodel Pat Cleveland (part of the coterie of glamorous muses associated with designer Halston) was suspended from the ceiling and then glided down the runway surrounded by clouds of smoke. Mugler would become known for his immaculate tailoring as well as for his increasingly avant-garde designs that featured sharp cuts, sexy and fetishistic elements, an integration of metal and uniquely treated materials like PVC and leather.
Recent years have seen Mugler’s archival designs, especially from his 1995 haute couture show, take center stage, coinciding with the resurgence of camp in fashion and the return of bodycon dresses. The brand’s roster of clients has included some of the most visionary figures in fashion, from David Bowie and Diana Ross to Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, and the founder’s influence on over-the-top fashion can be seen in the work of designers such as Jeremy Scott and Alexander McQueen.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Berlin, Germany
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Stunning 1970s One Of A Kind Ensemble Romper Psychedelic Purple Velvet 70s 60sLocated in Berlin, BESo obsessed with this fabulous look!! A GORGEOUS one of a kind 1970s Glam two piece Ensemble in shades of purple/lilac (belt not included). Absolutely iconic and soo strong 70s glam vibes. Sexy mini romper with light pastel lilac blouse top and velvet on the bottom. Flower shaped cute buttons and beautiful bishop sleeves/balloon sleeves. Second part of the ensemble is a long sleeveless coat/jacket made of soft velvet. Looks great with gold accessoires and high platform boots <3 Size XS/S Ensemble is: one romper and one long velvet jaket, belt is not included Vibe: 1960s - 1970s - Jane Birkin - Glam - Psychadelic - Biba - Barbara Hulanicki - Velvet - Mod - Sharon Tate - Liz Hurley...Category
1970s Twin Sets
- The Iconic red Thierry Mugler LES INFERNALES Suit 1988/89By Thierry MuglerLocated in Berlin, BEREALMS Vintage Museum worthy piece of Fashion History The fabulous iconic red skirt suit from the Thierry Mugler LES INFERNALES (She Dev...Category
1980s French Skirt Suits
- Iconic Tom Ford Yves Saint Laurent 2004 Silk Ensemble Pagoda Jacket Skirt YSLBy Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent, Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Berlin, BEREALMS Vintage So Iconic. The famous Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche FW 2004 Collection. The Pagoda Jacket and skirt made of 100% pure Silk. Tom Ford's final show for Yves Saint Lau...Category
Early 2000s Italian Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Thierry Mugler Runway Black Suit Skirtsuit Lucite Gem Buckle Blazer JacketBy Thierry MuglerLocated in Berlin, BERare Thierry Mugler Ensemble, documented featured on the Runway, Fahsionshow 2000 Black two piece skirtsuit, jacket/blazer and skirt. Gorgeous deep V-neck and fabulous sculptured tai...Category
Early 2000s French Skirt Suits
- Gorgeous Thierry Mugler Crystal Glam Ensemble Sculptural Black Jacket Skirt SetBy Thierry MuglerLocated in Berlin, BEExtremely rare and glamorous Thierry Mugler Ensemble. A stunning creation of the one and only Manfred Thierry Mugler, early 90s Collection. Gorgeous super feminine blazer jacket with...Category
1990s French Skirt Suits
- ICONIC Thierry Mugler FW 1998 Crystal Jacket Ensemble Famous Helmut NewtonBy Thierry MuglerLocated in Berlin, BEThe Iconic Thierry Mugler FW 1998 jacket famously captured by the legend Helmut Newton! Extremely rare and documented piece, Museum Worthy. Black jacket and long black skirt...Category
1990s French Skirt Suits
- Bespoke Black weeding groom suit by MAN BilbaoLocated in Bilbao, ESBespoke black wedding morning suit by MAN Bilbao Consisting on long tail chaqué jacket, vest, cuff link blouse, red tie, suspenders and trousers Perfect Condition Only used Once Size 54 Spain MAN 1924 appears once more in the publication Mr Porter...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Spanish Trouser Pant Suits
- Alexander McQueen circa 2000 Dusty Pale Rose SuitBy Alexander McQueenLocated in Sharon, CTOffering an Alexander McQueen Pale Rose Skirt Suit, with impressed silver metallic floral design. Made in Italy. Chain Label (needs reattaching). Length of ...Category
1990s English Skirt Suits
- Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Bergdorf labeled SuitBy Yves Saint Laurent Rive GaucheLocated in Sharon, CTOffering a 1980's Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche turquoise tweed wool suit, retailed by Bergdorf Goodman, on the Plaza NYC. Jacket is weighted on the inside ...Category
1980s French Skirt Suits