Wonderful 'Hand of Cards' handbag by Anne-Marie, in white kid leather, with gilt highlights(suits of cards) and a clever clasp in the shape of a very realistic 'dice'. The bag is signed inside 'Anne-Marie, 228, Rue de Rivoli, Hotel Meurice, Paris.' This is a true collector's piece, in beautiful condition. Anne-Marie had a shop situated within the famous Hotel Meurice, on rue de Rivoli, Paris, opening in the late 1940s. She sold an assortment of accessories, including handbags, gloves, perfume and other more whimsical items. Always of a very high standard and quality, her designs incorporated every day objects and were very unusual and eye catching. The celebrated ‘Champagne Bucket’ handbag is probably the most well known.
- In the Style OfSurrealism
- Place of originFrance
- ConditionExcellent. There is no marking on this white bag, some v slight indentations on the surface and the interior is immaculate. This bag was probably never used.The total height from the top of the handle right down to the bottom of the actual handbag is 15 inches.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 9.5 in. x W 11.5 in. x D 1 in.
H 24.13 cm x W 29.21 cm x D 2.54 cm
- Diameter11.5 in. (29.21 cm)
- Seller locationLondon, GB
- Seller reference numberFB0187
- Reference numberv30921611172151003fs
Shipping, Returns & Payment
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2015
Typical response time: 4 hrs
Located in London, GB
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like