Jewelled framed velvet handbag, Italy, 1920s
A gently, elegantly curved frame is set with white spinels, citrines, emeralds and synthetic sapphires, in a frame of silver, with the reverse of the frame being engraved and hand worked, crowns a silk velvet bag. The bag is highlighted with small glass beads where it is attached to the frame. The large 'push down' clasp is set with a large synthetic sapphire.The bag itself is piped with dark brown velvet, and the interior is lined with a soft applegreen silk lining and trim. Rare and beautiful, made in Italy, varied designs were made in this format (precious and semi precious stones set in chased silver), though each one different and unique, some more lavish than others.
- Place of OriginItaly
- Material NotesVelvet
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsW 7 in. x D .75 in.W 17.78 cm x D 1.91 cm
- Length8.5 in. (21.59 cm)
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Seller Reference NumberFB0334
- Reference Numberv30921707253058833fs
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with the seller on your behalf to ensure you're satisfied with the resolution. Read more
Delivery, Returns & Payment
- DeliveryRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2015
Located in London, GB
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
Rare silk velvet handbag with celluloid hand co...
Embroidered silk small handbag, English, 1920s
You May Also Like
BOTTEGA VENETA Bronze Metallic Snakeskin Leathe...
Unknown, Bottega Veneta