Louis Vuitton LV Mosaic Flower Bicolor Bag Charm
About the Item
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Indianapolis, IN
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Flower Wallet FuchsiaBy Louis VuittonLocated in Indianapolis, INThe Louis Vuitton Monogram Flower Wallet in Fuchsia a chic and vibrant accessory that seamlessly blends classic elegance with a playful touch. The wallet features the iconic Monogram...Category
2010s French Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Credit Holder WalletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Indianapolis, INThe Louis Vuitton Monogram Credit Holder Wallet is a sophisticated and functional accessory that embodies the luxury and craftsmanship synonymous with Louis Vuitton. The wallet featu...Category
Early 2000s Spanish Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Zippy Coin PurseBy Louis VuittonLocated in Indianapolis, INThe Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Zippy Coin Purse embodies the essence of sophistication and practicality. The Damier canvas exterior in shades of dark brown and light brown immediatel...Category
Early 2000s French Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Card CaseBy Louis VuittonLocated in Indianapolis, INThe Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Card Case a sleek and sophisticated accessory that seamlessly combines luxury with practicality. The card case features iconic Damier Ebene canvas, sho...Category
Early 2000s French Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Portefeuille Victorine WalletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Indianapolis, INThe Louis Vuitton Monogram Portefeuille Victorine Wallet is a stylish and functional accessory crafted with the iconic Monogram canvas. It features a compact size with multiple compa...Category
2010s Italian Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Wallet Clemence Rose BallerineBy Louis VuittonLocated in Indianapolis, INThe Louis Vuitton Monogram Wallet Clemence in Rose Ballerine is a luxurious and feminine accessory that combines the iconic Monogram canvas with a delicate and charming pink hue. The...Category
2010s Spanish Wallets
- Dior Multicolor Studded Canvas and Leather Bohemian Inspired Shoulder StrapBy Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Dior brings you this super-chic shoulder strap that you can flaunt with your great collection of handbags. The strap is made from studded canvas & leather and is complete with two me...Category
2010s Italian Wallets and Small Accessories
- Gucci Brown Guccissima Leather Bamboo Tassel Zip Around WalletBy GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This Gucci wallet is an immaculate balance of sophistication and rational utility. It has been designed using prime quality materials and elevated by a bamboo tassel. The creation is...Category
2010s Italian Wallets
- Valentino Beige Rockstud Zip Leather Card CaseBy ValentinoLocated in New York, NYValentino Beige Rockstud Zip Leather Card Case Made In: Italy Color: Beige Hardware: Goldtone Materials: Leather Lining: Canvas Closure/Opening: Z...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Wallets
- Chanel Beige Caviar CC Logo Trifold Compact Wallet 43ck224sBy ChanelLocated in Dix hills, NYChanel Beige Caviar CC Logo Trifold Compact Wallet 43ck224s Date Code/Serial Number: 12965391 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 4.8" Width: .5" Height: 4" OVERALL GOOD minus ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Black Taiga Leather Brazza WalletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLouis Vuitton Black Taiga Leather Brazza Wallet Brand- Louis Vuitton Model- Brazza Wallet Product Type- Wallet Accompanied By- Louis Vuitton Box, Dust Bag, Ribbon, Bag Colour- Black...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French WalletsFree Shipping
- Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Coated Canvas Zippy OrganiserBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene Coated Canvas Zippy Organiser Brand- Louis Vuitton Model- Zippy Organiser Product Type- Wallet Serial Number- VI**** Colour- Damier Ebene Hardware- Gold M...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Wallets
Recently ViewedView All
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.