Items Similar to 19th Century Chinese Blue and White Gu Vase View More
19th Century Chinese Blue and White Gu Vase
Originally cast in bronze, the gu vase form dates back nearly three thousand years. Characterized by a slender body and flared mouth, gu vases were traditionally used for drinking wine or presenting ritual offerings. Crafted of porcelain, this Qing-dynasty blue-and-white gu vase exhibits a stylized botanical motif of abstract leaf panels and delicate floral scrolls painted in deep cobalt blue.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1900
- Materials and TechniquesGlazedPorcelain
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 18.75 in. x Dm 7.5 in.H 47.63 cm x Dm 19.05 cm
- Diameter7.5 in. (19.05 cm)
- Seller LocationChicago, IL
- Seller Reference NumberCMK065
- Reference NumberLU820011540983
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2006
Located in Chicago, IL
More From This Seller
19th Century Chinese Blue and White Xuande Wine...
Antique Mid-19th Century Chinese Qing Ceramics
Cloaked in a heavily crazed glaze, this 19th century blue-and-white square jar was originally used as a wine vessel for serving rice wine and grain-based liquors. Though it was creat...
Pair of Early 20th Century, Chinese Blue and Wh...
Early 20th Century Chinese Qing Ceramics
A parade of Qilin, Chinese mythical creatures symbolizing magnificence, joy, and benevolence, march around these hand-painted contemporary porcelain fantail vases. These particular f...
20th Century Chinese Blue and White Porcelain Vase
20th Century Chinese Ceramics
Chinese blue-and-white porcelain has inspired ceramists worldwide since cobalt was first introduced to China from the Middle East thousands of years ago. Made in Beijing, this contem...
19th Century Chinese Ceremonial Vessel
Antique Early 19th Century Chinese Qing Vases
Used to dispense herbal infusions during ritual ceremonies, this Qing dynasty bottle was crafted with exceptional skill and understanding of the medium. Deftly using ribs to give the...