An unusual and highly-decorative 19th century French faience inkwell from Normandy, featuring a stylized lion holding a shield with coat of arms, surrounded by a helmet (hollow for holding pens), and a removable castle inkwell. Underneath marked and signed (see attached photo for details).
- In the Style Of
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1850 or Earlier
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Good overall, with various minor chips and overall wear to surfaces, consistent with its age and use. A few minor old chips to top of castle inkwell..
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
H 4.5 in. x W 10 in. x D 7.75 in.
H 11.43 cm x W 25.4 cm x D 19.69 cm
- Seller locationPembroke, MA
- Seller reference number#2069
- Reference numberLU83856064333
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2007
Typical response time: 2 hrs
Located in Pembroke, MA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like