- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Italian Decorative Mid-Century Yellow Ceramic Vase Signed by Gambone
- CreatorBruno Gambone (Artist)
- DimensionsHeight: 9.85 in (25 cm)Width: 5.91 in (15 cm)Depth: 5.91 in (15 cm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Date of Manufacture1960s
- Seller LocationParis, FR
- Reference NumberSeller: Galerie Sandy Toupenet's Reference Gambone 1stDibs: LU1031029754632
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Paris, France
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Artist
Known for his prolific mid-century works, Italian artist Bruno Gambone is regarded as one of the most influential figures in ceramics. Born in 1936 in Vietri sul Mare, Gambone was introduced to the world of ceramics at the age of 14 while he worked in the Florence studio of his father, renowned ceramist Guido Gambone.
Toward the end of the 1950s, Gambone left his father’s studio to work at Italian artist Andrea D’Arienzo’s workshop, where he explored other disciplines such as canvas painting and textile decoration. He became committed to painting and exhibited at Florence’s La Strozzina in 1959.
In 1963, Gambone left Italy for the United States. He lived in New York City during a fertile era for creative expression — a time marked by pivotal artistic movements such as Pop art and Abstract Expressionism. Gambone made numerous friends and moved in the same circles as iconic American artists Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein and Robert Rauschenberg. The Italian native learned more about a range of fields such as sculpture and theater. However, after five years, he returned to his homeland to live in Milan.
While in Milan, Gambone experimented with jewelry design for a brief period. But following his father’s death in 1969, Gambone returned to Florence to run his father’s studio, shifting his attention back toward ceramics.
Throughout the 1970s, Gambone created table lamps, vases, bowls and sculptures, including a series of ceramic animals. He began work in 1972 on what would become his celebrated “Fantastic Animals” series — initially a minimalist collection of stoneware fish, lions, snakes and other creatures characterized by sharp-edged geometric forms.
Gambone showcased his ceramic works at the 1972 Venice Biennale and the Milan Triennale in 1973. The artist received awards from the Museum of Modern Art in New York, the Museum of Contemporary Art of San Diego at La Jolla and other institutions.
- Italian Decorative Mid-Century Ceramic Vase Signed by GamboneBy Bruno GamboneLocated in Paris, FRShiny blue & brown enameled small vase by Bruno Gambone Measures: H 15 cm x L 14 cm Artist-signed Gambone Italy at base.Category
Vintage 1960s CeramicsMaterials
- Bruno Gambone Ceramic Vase, 1970sBy Bruno GamboneLocated in Paris, FRStoneware vase with blue line decoration on off-white matte glaze. Artist-signed Gambone Italy at base. About the artist: Bruno Gambone (born in 1936) is an Italian ceramist and...Category
Vintage 1970s CeramicsMaterials
- Bruno Gambone Set of 3 Bottles Ceramic VasesBy Bruno GamboneLocated in Paris, FRSet of 3 earthenware bottles by Bruno Gambone, Italy, 1970s Signed Gambone Italy. Measures: heights : 43 cm + 36 cm + 30 cm.Category
Vintage 1970s VasesMaterials
Earthenware$5,336 / set
- Ceramic Vase Signed by Roger Capron Vallauris, 1950sBy Roger CapronLocated in Paris, FRSmall ceramic vase signed Capron Vallauris on back, 1950's.Category
Vintage 1950s CeramicsMaterials
- Ceramic Vase Signed by Roger Capron, Vallauris, 1956By Roger CapronLocated in Paris, FRFamous "Vase à Oreilles" by Roger Capron, 1950s Signed Capron, Vallauris France. Roger Capron (1922-2006) was a student of Applied Arts in Paris from 1938 to 1943, In 1946 he moved...Category
Vintage 1950s VasesMaterials
- Two Small Ceramic Decorative Cup Vide-Poches Signed Gambone, Italy, 1950'sBy Guido GamboneLocated in Paris, FRBruno Gambone Two hand painted decor ceramic small cups. Signed Gambone, Italy Circa 1960.Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Decorative Dishes and Vide-PocheMaterials
Ceramic$1,707 / setFree Shipping
- Bruno Gambone Ceramic/Pottery Bottle/ Vase SignedBy Bruno GamboneLocated in Los Angeles, CAGreat sweet vase/bottle by the well known artist Bruno Gambone . signed and Italy in bottom.Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Modern CeramicsMaterials
- Glazed Ceramic Midcentury Vase by Bruno Gambone, Italy, circa 1970By Bruno GamboneLocated in London, GBA dark grey glazed ceramic vase with gold detailing by Florentine ceramicist, Bruno Gambone. Designed and produced in the early 1970s, this earthenware rectangular vase with elongate...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern VasesMaterials
- Bruno Gambone Black Green Ceramic Vase, Italy, 1980sBy Bruno GamboneLocated in Munich, DEBruno Gambone huge ceramic vase in black and green glazed stoneware, Italy 1980s, signed Gambone.Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Mid-Century Modern VasesMaterials
- Bruno Gambone Stoneware or Ceramic Vase, Italy, 1980sBy Bruno GamboneLocated in New York, NYBruno Gambone stoneware or ceramic vase or vessel in matte tan with dark brown line and base. Marked with glazed signature to underside: "GAMBONE ITALY".Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Mid-Century Modern CeramicsMaterials
- Bruno Gambone Italian Multi-Color Ceramic Vase, 1960sBy Bruno GamboneLocated in Modena, ITItalian Mid-Century Modern design ceramic glass or ceramic vase designed by Italian artist Bruno Gambone, circa 1960s. Signed Gambone Italy under the base. Please note that the i...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern CeramicsMaterials
- Bruno Gambone Greige Green Stripe Ceramic Vase, Italy, 1980sBy Bruno GamboneLocated in Munich, DEBruno Gambone huge ceramic vase with a black and green stripe in greige glazed stoneware, Italy 1980s, signed Gambone.Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Mid-Century Modern VasesMaterials