Items Similar to Large Goldscheider Vienna Art Déco Figure 'The Captured Bird' by Lorenzl c. 1925
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 10
Large Goldscheider Vienna Art Déco Figure 'The Captured Bird' by Lorenzl c. 1925
One of the most famous and elegant models from the goldscheider manufacture: The dance 'Der Gefangene Vogel' performed by the dancer Niddy Impekoven (1904-2002) in the early twenties of the 20th century is shown: the dancer, balancing on tiptoe, takes a big step with her arms raised forwards and backwards. She wears a short, translucent brown dance dress with orange, cream, yellow and dark brown patterned bat sleeves, the structure of which is reminiscent of butterfly wings. The dark brown cap of the slender, elegant dancer almost completely covers her hair, a vase with flowers set aside serves as a support. On a black oval base. Designed by Josef LORENZL (1892 - 1950), one of the most important designers having been active for Goldscheider manufactory in the period of 1920 - 1940. Model 5230 was created in 1922. made circa 1925 Dimensions: height: 45.5 cm / 17.91 in width: 41.0 cm / 16.14 in depth: 15.0 cm / 5.90 in Marks: Model number 5230 / 2064 / 16 Goldscheider Wien (Vienna) manufactory stamp MADE IN AUSTRIA, HAND-DECORATED painter's and former's signs existing artist signature 'Laurenzl' on the back of the vase Bibliography: Dechant / Goldscheider: GOLDSCHEIDER History of the company and catalogue of works, Stuttgart (Germany), 2007, Page 402, Number 5230 Condition: very good.
- DimensionsHeight: 17.92 in. (45.5 cm)Width: 16.15 in. (41.0 cm)Depth: 5.91 in. (15.0 cm)
- StyleArt Deco (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1925
- Seller LocationVienna, AT
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1014427604732
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingCustoms Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: Vienna, Austria
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Vienna, Austria
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1988
1stDibs seller since 2013
231 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 4 hours
More From This Seller
- Goldscheider Vienna Lorenzl the Spanish Dance Model 5775, circa 1930-1935By Josef LorenzlLocated in Vienna, ATGoldscheider vienna gorgeous dancingy figurines: The Spanish Dance Designed by Josef Lorenzl (1892-1950) / one of the most important designers having been active for Goldscheider ...Category
Vintage 1930s Austrian Art Deco Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- Goldscheider Vienna Lady Clad in Long Dress Model 8896 Made, circa 1937By Goldscheider Manufactory of ViennaLocated in Vienna, ATGoldscheider Vienna Rare Figurine: Lady with Shawl Designed Before 1937 Made circa 1937 Model number 8896 / 8 Hallmarked: Goldscheider Wien (= VIENNA) stamp mark / Made in ...Category
Vintage 1930s Austrian Other CeramicsMaterials
- Goldscheider Vienna Lady Dancer Dress Flower Pattern by Dakon Model 6704By Stefan DakonLocated in Vienna, ATGoldscheider Vienna Dancing Lady Clad In Multicolored Dress Designed by Stefan (= Stephen) Dakon (1904 - 1992), circa 1933 / made 1935-1936. model number 6704 / 2 Hallmarked: ...Category
Vintage 1930s Austrian Art Deco CeramicsMaterials
- Goldscheider Vienna Spanish Lady Dancer with Tambourine Model 7699 Dakon, 1938By Stefan DakonLocated in Vienna, ATGoldscheider Vienna nicest lady dancer. Designed circa 1933 by Stephan Dakon (1904-1997) / made 1938 model number 7699 / 107 / 31 painter's and modeller's signs at reverse side ...Category
Vintage 1930s Austrian Art Deco CeramicsMaterials
- GOLDSCHEIDER VIENNA SO-SAID ASCHENKINDL BY ERNST WEBER c.1928-30By GOLDSCHEIDERSCHE PORZELLAN-MANUFACTUR UND MAJOLICA-FABRIK (1885-1953)Located in Vienna, ATGOLDSCHEIDER VIENNA SO-SAID "ASCHENKINDL" Designed by Ernst WEBER, circa 1928 made circa 1928 - 30 model number 5790 / 32 / 1 HALLMARKED: Goldscheider WIEN (= VIENNA) ...Category
Vintage 1920s Austrian Art Deco CeramicsMaterials
- Vienna Bronze by Ernst Beck of Art Deco Lady Dancer circa 1925By Ernst BeckLocated in Vienna, ATA finest Viennese Art Deco Bronze / Lady Dancer designed by modeller Ernst Beck (1879 - 1941): The woman clad in short girdled dancing dress (tight-fitting jacket and pants as well ...Category
Early 20th Century Austrian Art Deco SculpturesMaterials
You May Also Like
Goldscheider Inspired Czech Signed Ceramic Stylized Art Deco Head
Located in North Miami, FL
This Hungarian artist; Karl Grossl, Keramin was greatly influenced by The austrian artist Goldscheider. It is from the 30's. The FBS initials on the bottom are from Ferdinand, Bing ...
Vintage 1930s Hungarian Art Deco Ceramics
"Fawn" Art Deco Sculpture by Waylande Gregory
By Waylande Gregory
Located in Philadelphia, PA
Gorgeously glazed in tones of brown and gold, this very rare sculpture depicting a spotted fawn was created by Waylande Gregory, the renowned WPA sculptor and innovative ceramicist. ...
Vintage 1940s American Art Deco Animal Sculptures
Art Deco Pin Cushion Doll by Fasold & Stuach
Located in Devon, England
Art Deco pin cushion doll by Fasold & Stuach wonderful 1930s Art Deco German porcelain pin cushion half doll related brush topper. Manufactured by the German factory of Fasold & Stau...
Mid-20th Century German Art Deco Ceramics
Vintage 1960s Italian Art Pottery Raymor Majolica Cat Figure on Pillow
By Bellini Studio
Located in Wilton, CT
Large, press molded Italian terracotta sculpture of a white tabby cat luxuriating on a tasseled pillow in vivid blue and yellow diamond pattern, circa 1960s. Realistically modeled an...
Vintage 1960s Italian Hollywood Regency Animal Sculptures
French Double Head Art Deco ROBJ Paris Signed Ceramic Jar Bonbonniere, 1930
Located in Oakland, CA
Unique ROBJ double face figure decorative ceramic Bonbonniere from the period of 1925-1930. Original condition, no repairs, restoration. The particular design is not one I’ve seen be...
Vintage 1930s French Art Deco Busts
Art Deco Green Colored Glazed Vintage Tile by Michael Powolny circa 1925 Austria
By Michael Powolny
Located in Vienna, AT
Art deco green colored glazed vintage tile, which shows a motif with a violinist. The vintage tile was designed by Michael Powolny, circa 1925, and manufactured by Rudolf Sommerhuber...
Vintage 1920s Austrian Art Deco Ceramics
Meissen Porcelain Winter and Spring Figural Group
By Meissen Porcelain
Located in New Orleans, LA
Entitled Winter and Spring this Meissen Porcelain figural group features a cloaked putto staying warm by a fire (Winter) and another gathering flowers (Spring). Part of the company's...
Antique Late 19th Century German Other Figurative Sculptures
Large Ceramic Glazed Owl Sculpture by Perignem, 1970s Belgium
Located in Antwerp, BE
Unique hand-formed Perignem Large owl made in the 1970s by Elisabeth vandeweghe. Belgian ceramist Elisabeth Vandeweghe is still active in the art world. Together with other ceramist...
Vintage 1970s Belgian Mid-Century Modern Ceramics
Mari Simmulson Figure, Ceramics, Upsala-Ekeby, Exotic Woman, 1960s
Located in Copenhagen, Denmark
Mari Simmulson figure, ceramics, Upsala-Ekeby. Exotic woman, 1960s. Measures: 27 x 13 cm. In very good condition. Stamped.
Vintage 1960s Swedish Scandinavian Modern Figurative Sculptures
Mid-Century Modern Studio Pottery Ceramic Dish, Dodo Bird, Signed
Located in Bedford Hills, NY
Nice metallic glazed midcentury ceramic dish depicting a Dodo bird, signed by the artist, wired for hanging.
Late 20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Ceramics