- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Asprey, Cast Sterling Silver Model of a Cat, London 1994
- CreatorAsprey International Limited (Metalworker)
- DimensionsHeight: 1.97 in (5 cm)Width: 1.97 in (5 cm)Depth: 1.58 in (4 cm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1994
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: L52371stDibs: LU4930230404782
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Metalworker
Asprey International Limited
Favored for over two centuries by European royalty, movie stars, rock music legends and England’s elite, Asprey International Limited’s reputation for creating elegant, high-quality furniture, jewelry and decorative objects is without equal. The storied manufacturer’s motto — “It can be done” — exemplifies their approach to design, which has proven over time to be both dynamic and enduring. To this day, Asprey International Limited remains a go-to purveyor of luxury goods and bespoke design services.
The roots of Asprey International Limited can be traced all the way back to 1781 when it was founded by William Asprey in Mitcham, Surrey. The business moved to its revered modern location, 166 Bond Street, in 1847. The company’s highly accurate regulator clock, once displayed in the window of their flagship, became a frequent stop for Londoners wishing to reset their watches.
Asprey first gained renown for its manufacture of exquisitely engineered dressing cases, which were compact pieces of luggage that travelers would use to tote their cosmetics and toiletries. At the International Exhibition of 1862, the company received a gold medal for its excellent dressing-case designs and also earned a Royal Warrant from Queen Victoria for their manufacture. Upon his ascension to the throne, King Edward II introduced incredibly formal Buckingham Palace court presentations, balls and soirées, resulting in a huge demand for diamond jewels starting with his coronation in 1902. The court jewelers Asprey, Garrard, Carrington and the newly opened London branch of Cartier were all overwhelmed with orders for sumptuous diamond jewelry to be worn at the king’s elaborate coronation. Currently, Asprey International Limited holds a Royal Warrant from His Royal Majesty Charles, Prince of Wales, for jewelry and silver.
Asprey continued to build its reputation for the production of luxury goods including tableware and silverplate pieces throughout the Victorian period and into the early 20th century. Especially known for its designs of the 1920s and ‘30s, Asprey International Limited considers the Art Deco period to have been its golden age. Their designers embraced the spirited originality of the period with open arms, and Asprey enjoyed a time of intense creativity and debuted a wealth of iconic creations throughout the mid-century modern period, too.
Asprey artisans have designed bespoke pieces for such notable celebrities as British musician Ringo Starr and American actress Angelina Jolie. They have also designed made-to-order accessories for Hollywood movies, most notably the Edwardian-style “Coeur de la Mer,” which was a piece of costume jewelry from James Cameron’s 1997 hit, Titanic. The company’s recreation of the piece — this time designed with actual gems sourced from Sri Lanka — fetched more than $2 million at a fundraiser held in Princess Diana’s honor in 1998. Asprey previously acted as the official jewelry designer for the BAFTA awards and collaborated with Ferrari’s Formula 1 team during the late 1990s.
Asprey International Limited has received many awards and recognitions for its timeless designs. Most notably, it was awarded the Queen's Award to Industry in 1975. The London College of Arms bestowed upon the brand a new official coat of arms in 2006 to mark its esteemed 225-year-long legacy of excellence.
- Heavy Cast Pair of Sterling Silver Pheasant Models, London 1967, R. ComynsBy Richard ComynsLocated in London, LondonHallmarked in London in 1967 by Richard Comyns, this handsome, pair of Sterling Silver Pheasants, are realistically cast and hand finished. The male measures 6.25"(16cm) tall, by...Category
Vintage 1960s English Sterling SilverMaterials
- Cast Sterling Silver Snipe Model, Francis Higgins III, London 1935By Francis HigginsLocated in London, LondonHallmarked in London in 1935 by Francis Higgins & Son Ltd., this handsome Sterling Silver Model of a Snipe, is realistically cast. The model measures 4"(10cm) tall, by 6.5"(16.5cm) f...Category
Vintage 1930s English Sterling SilverMaterials
- Very Large Cast Sterling Silver Model of a Stag, London 1976 by Garrard & Co.By Garrard & Co. Ltd.Located in London, LondonHallmarked in London in 1976 by Garrard & Co., this stunning Elizabeth II, Sterling Silver Model of a Stag, is realistically cast and chased, and stands on a marble base. The stag mo...Category
Vintage 1970s English Sterling SilverMaterials
- Monumental 3.2kg Cast Sterling Silver Model of an Eagle, Garrard London 1995By Garrard & Co. Ltd.Located in London, LondonHallmarked in London in 1995 by Garrard & Co., this wonderful, Sterling Silver Model of an Eagle, is realistically cast, modelled perched on a rock with its wings outstretched. The e...Category
1990s English Sterling SilverMaterials
- Sterling Silver Model of a Cow, London 1973, 7 Troy OuncesLocated in London, LondonHallmarked in London in 1973, this charming, Sterling Silver Model of a Cow, is realistically cast and hand finished. The cow measures 2.75"(7cm) tall, by 5"(12.5cm) from nose to...Category
Vintage 1970s English Sterling SilverMaterials
- Asprey Rococo Revival Sterling Silver Pair of Wall Sconces, London 1961By Asprey International LimitedLocated in London, LondonHallmarked in London in 1961 by Asprey & Co. Ltd., this striking pair of Sterling Silver Wall Sconces, are in the Rococo style, highly decorative to the backs, and with space for 2 c...Category
Vintage 1960s English Rococo Revival Sterling SilverMaterials
- Very Rare 1964 Asprey London Solid Sterling Silver Pin Tray of a Foxes HeadBy Asprey International LimitedLocated in GBWe are delighted to this stunning solid sterling silver 1964 Asprey London foxes head pin tray A very good looking and collectable piece, its fully hallmarked with the sideways fa...Category
Vintage 1960s English Art Deco Sterling SilverMaterials
- Sterling silver model of a 12 Point Royal StagBy Edward Barnard & SonsLocated in London, GBAn Elizabeth II silver model of a twelve point royal stag by Edward Barnard realistically modelled and cast in sterling, and mounted on a stone base. The silver model itself is 120mm...Category
Vintage 1960s English Animal SculpturesMaterials
Stone, Sterling Silver
- Antique Solid Silver Model Cat Figure Sculpture German C. 1910Located in London, GBA magnificent Antique German solid silver model of cat licking its front paw. This Cat Figurine is of a unusually large size and is modelled with a lovely attention to detail. Ma...Category
Early 20th Century German Sterling SilverMaterials
- Sarah Jones Vintage 1986 Sterling Silver Model of a LabradorBy Sarah Jones Silver 1Located in Jesmond, Newcastle Upon TyneAn exceptional, fine and impressive vintage cast English sterling silver model of a labrador; part of our animal related silverware collection. This exceptional, fine and impressi...Category
Vintage 1980s British Sterling SilverMaterials
- Asprey Sterling Silver Humidor Box Finely Engraved '#1569' Exceptional!By Asprey International LimitedLocated in Big Bend, WIAsprey Exceptionally stunning sterling silver military humidor box made by Asprey of London, England. This beautiful box has the original fitted case. It is finely hand engraved a...Category
20th Century Sterling SilverMaterials
- Asprey, London, Antique English Sterling Silver Pill Box, 1911By Asprey & Garrard LimitedLocated in Bath, GBAn elegant and simple lidded pill box made from solid sterling silver by the creme de la creme of silversmith's / luxury retailer's; Asprey of Bond Street. The lid lifts to reveal...Category
Vintage 1910s British Decorative BoxesMaterials
Sterling Silver$372Free Shipping