Large collection of 15 Indian clubs or juggling pins with original paint surface. Great alligatored patina on many. Late 19th and early 20th century clubs. Indian clubs rose to popularity in the US during the health craze of the late Victorian era. Indian clubs were first repurposed for juggling by an American, Dewitt Cook in the late 19th century. The large black pin in the back row has stripes that were applied with cloth tape. The largest of the pins is 19" x 3" x 2". The smallest is 16" x 3" x 2".
- In the Style Of
- Date of manufactureLate 19th-Early 20th Century
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Condition as expected for items that were used for juggling and exercise. Please see images. .
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor fading.
H 19 in. x W 2 in. x D 3 in.
H 48.26 cm x W 5.08 cm x D 7.62 cm
- Seller locationSanta Monica, CA
- Sold AsSet of 15
- Reference numberLU87347623623
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Santa Monica, CA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like