Items Similar to Mid-20th Century Automaton Folk-art Childs Toy View More
Mid-20th Century Automaton Folk-art Childs Toy
We are proud to offer a highly collectable and decorative Folk Art, self-taught child’s pull along automaton toy. In its simplest form this toy is very sculptural and has lots of ages character including its simple mechanism and details carved, painted characters. The toy was supposed to animate as it was pulled forward, the man leans forward to pull the donkeys tail and the donkey as a result bucks in a repeated action. A lovely example of mid-20th century simple fun, before modern technology embraced a child’s pastime. Dimensions in inches: H 9 x W 10 x D 3 Origin: English Period: Mid-20th century Condition: Structurally secure, aged worm holes and amazing patina across the surface with loss of paint, the mechanism is all there but is currently not functional. This item is aged and used which is reflected in its look as shown in the photos provided.
- In the Style Of
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1950
- Materials and Techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor structural damages. Minor fading.
- DimensionsH 9 in. x W 10 in. x D 3.5 in.H 22.86 cm x W 25.4 cm x D 8.89 cm
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Reference NumberLU4304217548781
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2018
Typical response time: <1 hour
Located in London, GB
More From This Seller
Mid-20th Century Folk Art English Acrobat Toy
Vintage 1940s British Folk Art Toys
Late 19th Century English Folk Art Jig Doll
Antique 1890s English Folk Art Toys
Early 20th Century American Jumping Jack Figure
Vintage 1920s American Folk Art Toys
You May Also Like
Folk Art Turtle Childs Toy, American, 1930s
Vintage 1930s American Folk Art Toys
Early 20th Century Childs Toy, Ponyhair Dog on ...
Early 20th Century French Toys
$1,650 / set
Early 20th Century Toy Noah's Ark, German
Early 20th Century German Folk Art Toys
Early 20th Century Folk Art Doll Heads '4', Japan
Early 20th Century Japanese Meiji Sculptures and Carvings
$1,000 / set
19th Century Belgium Biblioquet, Child's Toy
Antique 19th Century Belgian Toys
Early 20th Century Handcrafted French Wooden Ho...
Mid-20th Century French Mid-Century Modern Toys and Dolls