Items Similar to Paavo Tynell, Large Chandelier with Six Snowflakes, Brass, Reed, Taito OY, 1940s View More
Paavo Tynell, Large Chandelier with Six Snowflakes, Brass, Reed, Taito OY, 1940s
A large chandelier / ceiling lamp in brass by Finnish designer Paavo Tynell. Decorated with six snowflakes. Produced by Tynell's own firm, Taito OY. Handmade reed shades of later production. Six light sources. Starting out as a jewelry designer, Paavo Tynell had a truly unique voice in early modernist design. Paavo Tynell was historically overshadowed by Finnish designers such as Alvar Aalto, Ilmari Tapiovaara, and Eero Aarnio, but is today considered of the most important designers of the 20th century.
- CreatorPaavo Tynell (Designer),Taito Oy (Manufacturer)
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1945
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsLater handmade screens in perfect condition with light patina. Rewired. Scratches and marks. no structural damage or repairs. Beautiful dramatic patina on brass including darkened spots, can be adressed by polishing brass, this is not recommended.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 63 in. x Dm 34.65 in.H 160 cm x Dm 88 cm
- Diameter34.65 in. (88 cm)
- Seller LocationWest Palm Beach, FL
- Reference NumberLU3228110453483
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity
Some items may require special handling and packaging. Request a shipping quote to see what options are available to your destination.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in West Palm Beach, FL
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
Paavo Tynell, Adjustable Floor Lamp, Brass, Chromed Steel, Rattan 1930s
By Paavo Tynell
Paavo Tynell, Adjustable Floor Lamp, Brass, Chr...
Paavo Tynell, Taito Oy
Vintage 1930s Danish Scandinavian Modern Floor Lamps
Brass, Fabric, Cane, Chrome
An early adjustable floor lamp that offers an interesting play of materials, the base is made of brass, the is rod covered in rattan, adjustable arm is in chromed metal, screen in wh...
Danish 1940s Slipper / Lounge Chairs, Black Lea...
Vintage 1940s Danish Scandinavian Modern Slipper Chairs
Brass, Leather, Wood
A pair of 1940s modernist lounge chairs. An early example of traditional Danish cabinet making with original black dyed leather upholstery and brass nails framing the back and wooden...
Poul Henningsen, Pair of 4/4 Pendant Lamps, Nickel-Plated Metal, Glass, 1940s
By Louis Poulsen
$13,500 / set
Poul Henningsen, Pair of 4/4 Pendant Lamps, Nic...
Louis Poulsen, Poul Henningsen
Vintage 1940s Danish Scandinavian Modern Chandeliers and Pendants
A pair of 1940s ceiling lamps or pendants designed by Poul Henningsen and produced by Louis Poulsen. Nickel-plated metal and 4/4 type shades of opaque glass. Other Scandinavian li...
Fritz Hansen, Pair of Club Chairs in Brown Leather with Brass Nails, 1940s
By Fritz Hansen
$19,500 / set
Fritz Hansen, Pair of Club Chairs in Brown Leat...
Vintage 1940s Danish Scandinavian Modern Club Chairs
Brass, Leather, Beech
Comfortable and elegant club chairs with modernist brass nails. A variation of model, 1669. Produced by Fritz Hansen, Denmark, 1940s.