Louis XVI period parcel-gilt and polychrome trumeau mirror with a painting of Venus ringed by putti. Venus and putti are framed in a gilded oval frame with a bow on top and laurel leaves at he bottom. Gilded urns, ribbons and tassel flank the sides of the trumeau. The glass is framed in bead and reel gilded molding.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1780
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Trumeau painting has been restored; some minor dings and wood shrinkage, consistent with age; glass appears to be a replacement. .
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
H 4 ft. 7 in. x W 3 ft. 9 in. x D 1.5 in.
H 140.34 cm x W 115.57 cm x D 3.81 cm
- Seller locationPembroke, MA
- Seller reference number#1421
- Reference numberU1103288385279
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2007
Typical response time: 2 hrs
Located in Pembroke, MA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like