Baker Furniture Hollywood Regency Chinoiserie Mahogany Framed Wall Mirror
About the Item
- Creator:Baker Furniture Company (Manufacturer)
- Dimensions:Height: 44 in (111.76 cm)Width: 28 in (71.12 cm)Depth: 1 in (2.54 cm)
- Style:Hollywood Regency (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:circa 1970s
- Condition:Very good original vintage condition. Minor surface wear expected with age and use.
- Seller Location:South Bend, IN
- Reference Number:Seller: 76421stDibs: LU2745324465232
Baker Furniture Company
Owing to the company’s collaborations with many leading designers and artists over time, vintage Baker furniture is consistently sought after today. The heritage brand’s chairs, dining tables, desks and other pieces are widely known to collectors and design enthusiasts for their fine craftsmanship and durability.
Within a few decades of its launch, Baker Furniture Company evolved into one of the largest and most important furniture manufacturers in the United States, and became known for its high-quality production standards. Siebe Baker and business partner Henry Cook founded the original iteration of Baker Furniture Company in 1890 in Allegan, Michigan, after immigrating to the United States from the Netherlands. Allegan is a small town west of Grand Rapids, which, at that time was home to Widdicomb Furniture Co. and more and was known as America’s furniture capital. The company manufactured doors and interior moldings, and introduced a combination desk and bookcase in 1893. In the early 1900s, Siebe became sole owner of the business.
Among others, stage designer Joseph Urban and modernist designer Kem Weber contributed designs to Baker in the 1920s. In 1932, under the leadership of Siebe’s son, Hollis, who started at the company as a salesman but took the reins when his father passed in 1925, Baker Furniture introduced bedroom pieces and debuted its Manor House collection, which made reproductions of European furnishings available to the American market. (Hollis was an avid traveler and procured antiques overseas for the company to reproduce in the United States.) Soon, Baker Furniture Company moved to Holland, Michigan, and eventually opened showrooms in Grand Rapids and elsewhere.
Pioneering Scandinavian designer Finn Juhl created a Danish modern line for Baker in 1951, and the company produced his award-winning Chieftain chair for a short time. In the late 1950s, Baker introduced the Milling Road label to reach a younger audience with stylish but less costly furnishings like console tables, walnut dining chairs and more, and in 1961, British furniture designer T.H. Robsjohn-Gibbings introduced a modern neoclassical line at Baker.
The 1960s and ’70s saw the introduction of historic reproduction furniture lines such as Woburn Abbey and the Historic Charleston collection, which remain very popular to this day. In 1990, Baker was licensed to produce a furniture line from Colonial Williamsburg. That same year, the Smithsonian Museum introduced Baker’s Chippendale chair into its permanent collection and the Grand Rapids Art Museum dedicated an exhibition to Baker’s 100-year anniversary, a showcase that included 150 pieces of furniture Siebe Baker had collected as part of a larger assortment that had served as inspiration for his designs.
Today, vintage Baker furniture, such as its elegant mahogany nightstands and teak credenzas — particularly those crafted by Finn Juhl — sees high demand online and elsewhere. The company continues to produce contemporary collections with well-known designers such as Bill Sofield, Barbara Barry and Kara Mann and remains on par with some of the highest quality furniture in the industry.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: South Bend, IN
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Baker Furniture Hollywood Regency Silver Gilt Greek Key Wall MirrorBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous Hollywood Regency or neoclassical style Greek Key silver gilt wall mirror By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1990s Measures: 39" W x 1....Category
Late 20th Century Hollywood Regency Wall MirrorsMaterials
- Michael Taylor for Baker Far East Hollywood Regency Walnut Framed Wall MirrorBy Michael Taylor, Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous Mid-Century Modern Hollywood Regency Chinoiserie walnut framed wall mirror By Michael Taylor for Baker Furniture, "Far East Collection" USA, Circa 1950s Measures:...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Wall MirrorsMaterials
- Grosfeld House Hollywood Regency Mahogany Framed Wall Mirror, circa 1940sBy Grosfeld HouseLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous Hollywood Regency or Neoclassical wall mirror. By Grosfeld House. USA, circa 1940s. Mahogany frame, with sunburst top and diamond inlay. Measures: 36.5"W x 1.7...Category
Vintage 1940s American Hollywood Regency Wall MirrorsMaterials
- Baker Furniture English Barley Twist Carved Oak Framed Wall Mirror, Circa 1960sBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous English barley twist carved oak framed wall mirror By Baker Furniture, "Milling Road" Collection USA, Circa 1960s Measures: 31.75" W x 2" D x 44" H. Very good ...Category
Mid-20th Century American French Provincial Wall MirrorsMaterials
- Baker Furniture Hollywood Regency Chinoiserie Octagonal Cocktail TableBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous Hollywood Regency chinoiserie coffee or cocktail table By Baker Furniture USA, circa 1970s Oak parquet top, with hand painted Asian designs in floral motif. Me...Category
Vintage 1970s American Chinoiserie Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture Hollywood Regency Mahogany Tea Table, Newly RefinishedBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous Hollywood Regency style dark mahogany occasional side table or tea table By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1990s Measures: 25.5" W x 25.5" D x 26.25" H. Newly refi...Category
Late 20th Century American Hollywood Regency Side TablesMaterials
- Baker Black Lacquer and Chinoiserie Framed Wall MirrorBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Highland, INThe serene, shape, subtle lines, and the elegant chinoiserie decoration of this wall mirror by Baker furniture allows it to work in interiors ranging from traditional or Asian style,...Category
Vintage 1970s American Chinese Chippendale Wall MirrorsMaterials
- Baker Furniture Mahogany Partial Gilt and Green Baker Wall MirrorBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Germantown, MDA midcentury Baker Furniture Company mirror in the roman style. parcel gilt frame with dark green interior paint. Mirror glass is 23W x 46H.Category
Mid-20th Century American Classical Roman Wall MirrorsMaterials
Mirror, Mahogany, Giltwood, Paint
- Plaster Wall Mirror Hollywood RegencyBy Dorothy DraperLocated in Chicago, ILPlaster wall mirror Hollywood Regency. Originally a white plaster. This one was recently painted gold. Can easily be painted white over the gold if desired. A picture is included sho...Category
Mid-20th Century American Hollywood Regency Wall MirrorsMaterials
- Vintage Hollywood Regency Venetian Style Etched Frame Wall MirrorLocated in Philadelphia, PAVintage Hollywood Regency Venetian style Etched frame 42x66 wall mirror. Item features a mirrored frame with floral etching, large rectangular form, very nice vintage item, quality A...Category
Mid-20th Century Hollywood Regency Wall MirrorsMaterials
- Hollywood Regency Trumeau Wall MirrorLocated in New York, NYHollywood Regency painted trumeau wall mirror with scrolls and shell cartouche crest. Dimensions: 50" H x 41" W x 1.75" D. Dealer: S138XXCategory
Mid-20th Century Hollywood Regency Wall MirrorsMaterials
Mirror, Wood, Paint
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery