- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Postmodern Round Maitland Smith Two-Tone Marble and Travertine Beveled Mirror
- CreatorMaitland Smith (Maker)
- Similar toEnrique Garcel (Designer)Karl Springer (Designer)
- DimensionsHeight: 39 in. (99.06 cm)Width: 39 in. (99.06 cm)Depth: 1.25 in. (3.18 cm)
- StylePost-Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1980s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. original vintage condition, one small chip to edge of frame and some light scratches consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationMiami, FL
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1105220207932
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Miami, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
About the Maker
The eclectic furnishings of Maitland-Smith celebrate artisan skills in an age of machines. Hand-carved woodwork, inlaid marquetry, painted detailing, gilding and lost wax casting lend the company’s decorative accents an artistic flair. Focused on pieces that add a dynamic flourish to an interior by incorporating tactile materials like leather, seashell inlays and crushed eggshell, the manufacturer draws inspiration across centuries, from the curvy forms of the Louis XV period to the geometric angles of mid-century modernism.
Paul Maitland-Smith established the company in Hong Kong in 1979, after getting his start in London in the 1950s as an antique dealer who also sold reproduction furniture, something that would become a Maitland-Smith specialty. The manufacturer’s early reproductions of 17th- and 18th-century furniture included Chippendale dining chairs, and soon afterward, Maitland-Smith expanded into a range of decorative designs that often exuded a whimsical spirit, whether a coffee table shaped like a stack of books or a pair of decorative obelisks. Maitland-Smith’s signature sculptural table lamps in particular show off this playful sensibility, with one balancing a pen-shell shade on a monkey’s tail and another taking on the form of a miniature hot-air balloon.
Since its founding, Maitland-Smith’s sourcing has been based in Asia, and although Paul Maitland-Smith later sold the company that still bears his name and is now headquartered in North Carolina, the brand’s furnishings are still largely made in Cebu, Philippines.
Today, Maitland-Smith continues to innovate on its finely crafted offerings by collaborating with contemporary designers and studios such as Tony Duquette Studios (founded by set and costume designer Tony Duquette in 1941), Celerie Kemble and painter and textile designer Susan Hable Smith.
Find a wide range of Maitland-Smith furniture for sale on 1stDibs.
- Maitland Smith Tessellated Travertine Coral Stone Desk or Console Table, 1970sBy Enrique Garcel, Karl Springer, Maitland SmithLocated in Miami, FLDesk or console table with cabriolet legs and 3 drawers rendered in tessellated cream ivory coral stone travertine with inlayed brass banding and knobs by Maitland Smith, Philippines...Category
Mid-20th Century Philippine Mid-Century Modern Desks and Writing TablesMaterials
Coral, Travertine, Brass$800 Sale Price89% Off
- Post-Modern Tessellated Pink Marble and Red Travertine Box by Maitland SmithBy Maitland SmithLocated in Miami, FLPost Modern tobacco or snuff box rendered in tessellated pink marble and rosso travertino, red travertine with brass inlay, brown velvet and wood interior by Maitland Smith. Match...Category
Late 20th Century Philippine Post-Modern Decorative BoxesMaterials
Travertine, Marble, Brass$250 Sale Price75% Off
- Monumental Maitland Smith Tessellated Marble Stone and Gilt CandlestickBy Maitland SmithLocated in Miami, FLLarge scale candlestick in neoclassical form rendered in tessellated marble stone and gilt by Maitland smith.Category
Mid-20th Century Philippine Mid-Century Modern CandlesticksMaterials
Stone, Marble$500 Sale Price88% Off
- Mid Century Italian Faceted Rattan Mirror by Vivai del Sud, Italy, 1970'sBy Vivai del SudLocated in Miami, FLSculptural faceted pyramid shaped mirror rendered in rattan split reed bamboo with a inset beveled 14" square mirror by Vivai del Sud, Italy, 1970's.Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Wall MirrorsMaterials
Bamboo, Wicker, Rattan, Reed, Mirror$1,375 Sale Price75% Off
- Post-Modern Tessellated Pink Marble and Coral Stone Pedestal by Maitland SmithBy Maitland SmithLocated in Miami, FLPost Modern pedestal rendered in tessellated pink marble and coral stone travertine with brass inlay by Maitland Smith.Category
Late 20th Century Philippine Post-Modern Pedestals and ColumnsMaterials
Coral, Travertine, Marble, Brass$625 Sale Price75% Off
- Tessellated Marble and Brass Jewelry Box Chest by Maitland Smith, circa 1980sBy Maitland SmithLocated in Miami, FLPost modern Pink tessellated marble and patinated brass jewelry chest or box by Maitland Smith, Philippines, circa 1980sCategory
Late 20th Century Philippine Jewelry BoxesMaterials
Marble, Brass$300 Sale Price88% Off
You May Also Like
Vintage 1980s American Modern Wall Mirrors
Vintage 1980s Philippine Post-Modern Wall Mirrors
Vintage 1980s American Hollywood Regency Wall Mirrors
Stone, Marble, Brass
Vintage 1970s Philippine Post-Modern Wall Mirrors
Vintage 1980s Hollywood Regency Wall Mirrors
Late 20th Century Philippine Hollywood Regency Wall Mirrors
Vintage 1980s Philippine Mid-Century Modern Wall Mirrors
Vintage 1980s Unknown Post-Modern Wall Mirrors
Vintage 1970s Italian Post-Modern Wall Mirrors
Vintage 1980s American Modern Wall Mirrors
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery