Items Similar to Antique Mahogany and Oak Propeller from the Engine of a 1919 Avro 504 Airplane
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 8
Antique Mahogany and Oak Propeller from the Engine of a 1919 Avro 504 Airplane
A historic propeller from the Le Rhone Rotary engine of an Avro 504 airplane. This fine early, large laminated, mahogany and oak propeller, made circa 1919 bears identification stamps indicating its British Air Ministry registration, and technical specifications. The particular 110 Hp Le Rhone engine was unusual in that the entire circular cylinder block rotated around the crankshaft, in contrast to Radial and in-line engines when it was the crankshaft that rotated. The Avro 504K was a fighter bomber aeroplane used by the RAF in the First World War. 10,000 were built from the first flight in 1913 to 1932 making it the most produced plane from WW1. It was later flown by 40 air forces worldwide English, circa 1919. (Price + vat in EU zone).
- DimensionsHeight: 8.67 in (22 cm)Width: 106.3 in (270 cm)Depth: 6.42 in (16.3 cm)
- StyleArt Deco (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1919
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: Stock No: 119001stDibs: LU160323606582
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in London, United Kingdom
No Reviews Yet
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1989
1stDibs seller since 2015
34 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 9 hours
More From This Seller
- Venetian Renaissance Antique Fireplace from the 15th CenturyBy Giorgio da SebenicoLocated in London, GBA large and rare Venetian Renaissance antique fireplace mantel from the fifteenth century. This extremely rare chimneypiece is carved in Pietra d’Istria Marble from the Istrian Penin...Category
Antique 15th Century and Earlier Italian Renaissance Fireplaces and MantelsMaterials
- English Victorian Jacobean Style Carved Oak Antique Fireplace and OvermantelLocated in London, GBAn antique carved oak Jacobean style chimneypiece and overmantel of modest proportions. The deeply carved strap work frieze on the fireplace is decorated with Tudor roses and roundel...Category
Antique Mid-19th Century English Jacobean Fireplaces and MantelsMaterials
- Esmond Burton Portland Stone Sculpture from the Bank of England AnnexeLocated in London, GBA massive carved Portland stone tableau of the reigning monarchs, William & Mary (1689-1702), granting The Bank of England Charter in 1694. Sculptor Esmond Burton (1885-1964). P...Category
Vintage 1950s English Baroque Architectural ElementsMaterials
- Antique Palladian Style Chimneypiece in the Manner of William KentLocated in London, GBA large and fine antique Palladian style chimneypiece in the manner of William Kent (1685-1748). Carved in pure white Statuary Marble and with Breche Violette endblocks and ingrounds...Category
Antique Mid-19th Century English Palladian Fireplaces and MantelsMaterials
- Rosewood and Ebony Antique Fireplace Mantel in the French Baroque MannerLocated in London, GBA tall and stately French Baroque style rosewood and ebony chimneypiece. The mirror, framed with egg and dart and fleur-de-lys decoration, is set beneath a large cartouche centred wi...Category
Antique Late 19th Century French Baroque Fireplaces and MantelsMaterials
- Castellated Jacobean Revival Style Antique Carved Oak Fireplace MantelLocated in London, GBA small decoratively carved oak fireplace in the Jacobean Revival manner with a substantial castellated shelf and later top, bold carved leaf adornment on the frieze, a pair of beard...Category
Antique Early 19th Century English Jacobean Fireplaces and MantelsMaterials
You May Also Like
Decorative Vintage Oak Airplane Middle Section Propeller Hub
Located in STOKE ON TRENT, GB
Vintage propeller hub Vintage oak airplane middle section propeller hub This vintage aviation piece is available for sale as a decorative item for the home or garden. The hub...
Early 20th Century British Aviation Objects
Streamline Airplane Propeller Desk Clock
Located in Buenos Aires, Olivos
Art Deco, streamline airplane propeller desk clock. Lovely aviation item.
Mid-20th Century Unknown Streamlined Moderne More Desk Accessories
1970s Brushed Aluminum Airplane Propeller Sculpture
Located in Sagaponack, NY
An actual airplane propeller in brushed aluminum mounted on a thick base. Available in a variety of finishes.
Vintage 1970s American Industrial Aviation Objects
$2,800 / item
Pair of Tall, Polished Airplane Propeller Blade Sculptures
Located in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent
A stunning pair of Airplane propeller blades, each highly polished to mirror effect, very decorative as modernist sculptures, for display or collection use only. The manufacturer ...
20th Century Great Britain (UK) Aviation Objects
Stellar Aircraft Engine with Propeller Wall Decoration
Located in Paris, FR
Wall decoration stellar aircraft engine with propeller with Jacobs engine from Italy. Handcrafted chrome engine, exceptional piece.
Vintage 1940s Italian Aviation Objects
WW1 British Four-Blades Rare Wood Antique Aviation British Airplane Propeller
Located in Milan, IT
Four-blade propeller made of laminated wood during the WWI, 190 x 14 x 190 cm – 74 x 5.51 x 74 inches. Very good condition, long-standing restoration in the terminal part of a blade....
Vintage 1910s British Aviation Objects
Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Engine Wall Decoration with Propeller
Located in Paris, FR
Wall Decoration Pratt & Whitney Engine in chrome Finish with propeller.
Vintage 1940s American Aviation Objects
Deco Style Cast Aluminum Twin Engine Airplane Model
Located in Douglas Manor, NY
Cast aluminum twin engine airplane model.
Vintage 1970s Aviation Objects
$575 Sale Price
Airflame Lighter, Vintage Chrome Single Propeller Airplane Table Lighter
Located in Nantucket, MA
Unusual "Airflame Lighter" table-top cigarette lighter, in its original box and apparently never used. The chromed single propeller lighter with black plastic cockpit hatch. Turn the...
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Aviation Objects
Antique Propeller Blade
Located in Praha, CZ
Original state with a pleasant patine of age, gently cleaned and delicately re-polished with shelack finish.
Early 20th Century Austrian Aviation Objects