- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Pierre Cardin Playing Cards
- CreatorPierre Cardin (Designer)
- DimensionsHeight: 1.63 in (4.15 cm)Width: 5.75 in (14.61 cm)Depth: 4.75 in (12.07 cm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1977
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationLos Angeles, CA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1853326421822
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Los Angeles, CA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
Best known for creating groundbreaking fashion designs from the 1950s onward, Pierre Cardin enjoyed great success in other design fields, most notably furniture. Cardin’s chairs, cabinets, tables and other pieces share many of the keynotes of his clothing designs. They are simple, geometric, elegant and cool.
Cardin was born in a village near Venice, Italy, and raised in central France. Always interested in fashion, he left home at age 17 to train with a Vichy tailor. After the end of World War II, Cardin moved to Paris and worked for a succession of couture houses, before taking a job with Christian Dior in 1946. Cardin went solo in 1950, and quickly won attention for his novel style. Unlike Dior’s famous New Look, Cardin’s clothes de-emphasized a woman’s curves; his breakthrough pieces like the Bubble dress had, instead, a sculptural quality. In the following decade, Cardin introduced bright tunic dresses and shifts, marketed as the Space Age look and accessorized with vinyl hats and visors.
In the 1970s Cardin expanded his design work into furniture, jewelry and automobiles. (Later, licensing agreements would put Cardin’s name on goods ranging from perfume to sunglasses.) Cardin’s furniture pieces — inspired, perhaps, by the rediscovery of Art Deco design in that decade — feature simple, symmetrical forms, lacquer and figured veneer finishes, and accents in metals such as aluminum and brass.
Whether you are looking for a vintage cocktail dress or a chest of drawers to keep it in, as you will see on 1stDibs, Pierre Cardin offers an option in either that is timelessly chic.
- Pierre Cardin Playing CardsBy Pierre CardinLocated in Los Angeles, CAOriginal 1970s Pierre Cardin plastic playing cards in a fabric case. Elegance and style that is common with the major fashion house and the late Pierre Cardin make these cards a majo...Category
Vintage 1970s Japanese GamesMaterials
- Pierre Cardin Playing CardsBy Pierre CardinLocated in Los Angeles, CAOriginal 1970s Pierre Cardin playing cards in a fabric case. Unused cards. Elegance and style that is common with the major fashion house and the late Pierre Cardin. A major statemen...Category
Vintage 1970s Japanese GamesMaterials
- Vintage Gucci Playing CardsBy GucciLocated in Los Angeles, CAGucci playing cards in the original box and original wrapping. Made in Italy, circa 1970s. Both sets are sealed and un-used with serial numbers on seal. Gucci knight logo stamped on ...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian GamesMaterials
- Mini Hermes Playing CardsBy HermèsLocated in Los Angeles, CAHermès mini playing cards in the original box and original wrapping. Made in France. Both sets are sealed and unused. Gold gilded edges on both decks. One brown deck and one tan deck...Category
Vintage 1970s French GamesMaterials
- Oversized Ceramic "Fountain Pen" Box by RaymorBy RaymorLocated in Los Angeles, CAFantastic oversized ceramic box in the shape of a fountain pen by Raymor. Lid opens up to display three separate storage compartments. White ceramic box with yellow clip and yellow a...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian CeramicsMaterials
- Japanese Golf Club LighterLocated in Los Angeles, CAWhimsical vintage table lighter in the shape of a golf driver. Made in Japan. Beautiful detail and color with great balance. Green felted base with sticker reading "COMOY'S of London...Category
Vintage 1980s Japanese Tobacco AccessoriesMaterials
- Pierre Cardin Playing CardsBy Pierre CardinLocated in West Hollywood, CACollection of original Pierre Cardin playing cards Each hardcover case has a different Pierre Cardin logo fabric with brass trim and hinges open to encase cards. All cards are a c...Category
Vintage 1970s French GamesMaterials
- Vintage Clip-on Earrings Pierre CardinBy Pierre CardinLocated in Bochum, NRWBeautiful vintage Pierre Cardin clip on earrings, shaped as a stylized logo with black enameled highlights to the end. Condition: Very good preowned condition. Creator: Pierre C...Category
Vintage 1980s French Modern Collectible JewelryMaterials
Metal$195 / set
- Hermes Travel Size Playing CardsBy HermèsLocated in New York, NY2 Decks of travel sized playing cards both featuring an abstracted graphic H pattern. Hermes, Paris.Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Modern GamesMaterials
Paper$225 / set
- Hermes Turquoise, Red Playing CardsBy HermèsLocated in New York, NYHermes full size playing cards featuring puzzle piece design, 1 deck in red, 1 deck in turquoise. Cards have gold metallic edges.Category
20th Century French Modern Toys and DollsMaterials
- Rare Pierre Cardin Pop Art Futuristic Ambiance PhoneBy Pierre CardinLocated in North Hollywood, CARare and highly collectable Pop Art futuristic Ambiance phone.Category
Vintage 1980s Taiwanese Futurist Scientific InstrumentsMaterials
Plastic$750 Sale Price40% Off
- Indian Hand Carved Playing Cards HolderLocated in Oakland Park, FLYellow and brown Indian hand carved playing cards holder Size: 6" W x 4.75" D x 1.5" H.Category
1990s Indian Moorish GamesMaterials
- LADIES & GENTLEMEN FS II.128By Andy WarholLocated in Aventura, FLFrom the Ladies and Gentlemen Portfolio. Screenprint in colors on arches paper. Hand signed and numbered by the artist on verso. AP edition of 25. Published by Luciano Anselmino,...Category
1970s Pop Art Figurative PrintsMaterials
- "LOVE" Ring by Robert IndianaBy Robert IndianaLocated in Chicago, IL“LOVE” RING BY ROBERT INDIANA United States, 1969 Gilded brass Weight 17.5 gr., US size 6.5, UK size N This cast ring of gilded brass has a wide flat hoop that is textured on th...Category
Vintage 1960s American Modernist Fashion RingsMaterials
Gold$2,000 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Graffiti Artist Keith Haring, Color 17 x 22" Exhibition PhotographBy Jack MitchellLocated in Senoia, GAGraffiti and visual artist Keith Haring photographed with one of his paintings in April 1984. One of Mitchell's most beautiful color photographs. This exhibition print is 17 x 22". C...Category
1980s Pop Art Color PhotographyMaterials
- Mel Fillini in Frame #2 [Male Nude in Cartouche]By George Platt LynesLocated in New York, NYMel Fillini in Frame #2 [Male Nude in Cartouche] 1954 George Platt Lynes studio stamp in black ink, verso Vintage gelatin silver print 5.625 x 9 inches (14.3 x 22.9 cm) Contact g...Category
1950s Contemporary PhotographyMaterials
Silver GelatinPrice Upon Request
- Lula Chair, Ivory Bouclé & Natural Wood Chair by Christian SirianoBy Christian SirianoLocated in New York, NYMade to order bouclé and wood chair designed by Christian Siriano. Base: Natural Maple Fabric for seat/back cushion: Ivory Bouclé Measures: Overall depth: 28” Overall hei...Category
2010s American Modern ChairsMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
How Renaissance Man Pierre Cardin Became One of Fashion’s Biggest Names
The visionary designer's futuristic clothing and furniture designs are celebrated in a new show at the Brooklyn Museum.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?