Items Similar to Late 19th Century French Napoleon III Period Military Epaulettes in Original Box
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 12
Late 19th Century French Napoleon III Period Military Epaulettes in Original Box
From the time of the Franco Prussian War, this late 19th century pair of French Napoleon III period gold braided military epaulettes once belonged to an infantry lieutenant and includes its original box. The box is marked Au Chevalier Bayard, M. B. Paris. Below are the words "Lieutenant Infanterie Or Metal" (Gold Metal) indicating their use by an infantry lieutenant and their color. The epaulette with the fringe would have been worn on the left shoulder. Both epaulettes are finished with flaming grenade buttons and metal tabs marked M.B. with a depiction of the Renaissance knight, de Bayard. Included with the epaulettes is a cord that ends in a tassel and would have been wrapped around the hilt of the officer's sword. A unique collection of military artifacts, circa 1870.
- DimensionsHeight: 4 in. (10.16 cm)Width: 9.25 in. (23.5 cm)Depth: 6.25 in. (15.88 cm)
- StyleNapoleon III (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1870
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationFayetteville, AR
- Reference NumberSeller: 20A0671stDibs: LU983221475592
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Fayetteville, AR
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Fayetteville, AR
4.8 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 2003
1stDibs seller since 2013
687 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Fayetteville, ARThis large mid-19th century French Napoleon III rosewood box features a curved front and an hexagonal marquetry ...Category
Antique Mid-19th Century French Napoleon III Decorative BoxesMaterials
BronzeH 5 in. W 13.5 in. D 10 in.$1,495
- Located in Fayetteville, ARThis 19th century Napoleon III period black lacquer jewelry box features an intricate bronze and bone inlaid car...Category
Antique 1860s French Napoleon III Decorative BoxesMaterials
BronzeH 3 in. W 13 in. D 4.5 in.$595
- Located in Fayetteville, ARThis large scale late 19th century French Napoleon III period oil on canvas features a portrait of a fine lady e...Category
Antique Late 19th Century French Belle Époque PaintingsMaterials
Giltwood, CanvasH 42 in. W 28 in. D 1.5 in.$3,000
- Located in Fayetteville, ARCalled a chaise chauffeuse or fireside chair in English due to its low seat height of 15 inches, this mid-ninete...Category
Antique Mid-19th Century French Napoleon III ChairsMaterials
Mother-of-Pearl, Silk, WoodH 33 in. W 17 in. D 15 in.$1,195
- Located in Fayetteville, ARThis late 19th century French Napoleon III period oil on panel painting features an orientalist still life with ...Category
Antique 1870s French Napoleon III PaintingsMaterials
WoodH 19.75 in. W 16 in. D 1.5 in.$895
- Located in Fayetteville, ARThis mid-19th century French Napoleon III period table features a large black and gold tole tray that rests on a...Category
Antique Mid-19th Century French Napoleon III Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
IronH 20 in. W 34 in. D 27.25 in.$1,195
You May Also Like
19th Century French Empire Inkwell in Memoriam of Napoleon I
Located in New York, NY
Early 19th century French Empire bronze inkwell cast in the form of Napoleon's casket resting upon a three step base. The well is lined in blue velvet and features a shroud-form cove...
Antique Early 19th Century French Empire Desk Accessories
Later 19th Century French Set of Scale Weights
Located in Atlanta, GA
A later 19th century set of weights in brass housed in their wooden box. Weights such as these were used with different scales - balances - whether for apothecary, jewelers, confecti...
Antique Late 19th Century French Scientific Instruments
19th Century Lectern Louis-Philippe Period
Located in Beuzevillette, FR
This Louis-Philippe period table lectern in cherrywood resting on four turned legs, has three positions for three different reading angles. France, circa 1840.
Antique 1840s French Louis Philippe Books
Knights Head Inkwell, Late 19th Century
Located in Mimizan, FR
Late 19th century knights head inkwell The inkwell has been replaced Good condition with signs of use typical for its age.
Antique 1890s French Belle Époque Inkwells
Ceramic Inkwell, Late 19th Century, Sweden
Located in Haddonfield, NJ
Fantastic ceramic inkwell, with what seems to be a pottery oven in the midst of two naivistic lions. You lift of the top lid to place pens and lift up the two lions heads for ink. Co...
Antique 1870s Swedish Folk Art Inkwells
Napoleon III Period 19th Century French Leather Box
Located in Austin, TX
Large and wonderful French Napoleon III period leather box covered with leather and made of solid oak. This chest has intricate Renaissance patterns tooled in brass head tacks. The k...
Antique 1880s French Napoleon III Trunks and Luggage
Late 19th Century Ottoman Empire Silver Torah Pointer
Located in New York, NY
Large Silver Torah pointer (Yad), Ottoman Empire, 1885 The silver Torah pointer consists of a bar, pointer and a hanger. The bar is divided into an upper and lower part. The twisted...
Antique 1880s Turkish Religious Items
19th-20th Century French Leather Folio
Located in Atlanta, GA
19th-20th century French leather folio.
Antique Late 19th Century French More Desk Accessories