Ferrari cigar canister by Asprey & Co.
View Similar Items
Ferrari cigar canister by Asprey & Co.
- Creator:Asprey International Limited (Maker)
- Dimensions:Height: 7 in (17.78 cm)Diameter: 4 in (10.16 cm)
- Style:Other (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:Cedar,Leather,Sterling Silver,Embossed,Gilt,Polished
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:1997
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. The silver cigar canister is in very good condition. There are some areas of minor discolouration to the kiln-dried cedar inside, where cigars have previously been stored. The presentation case is bespoke, and contemporary.
- Seller Location:London, GB
- Reference Number:Seller: 64431stDibs: LU868011828423
About the Maker
Asprey International Limited
Favored for over two centuries by European royalty, movie stars, rock music legends and England’s elite, Asprey International Limited’s reputation for creating elegant, high-quality furniture, jewelry and decorative objects is without equal. The storied manufacturer’s motto — “It can be done” — exemplifies their approach to design, which has proven over time to be both dynamic and enduring. To this day, Asprey International Limited remains a go-to purveyor of luxury goods and bespoke design services.
The roots of Asprey International Limited can be traced all the way back to 1781 when it was founded by William Asprey in Mitcham, Surrey. The business moved to its revered modern location, 166 Bond Street, in 1847. The company’s highly accurate regulator clock, once displayed in the window of their flagship, became a frequent stop for Londoners wishing to reset their watches.
Asprey first gained renown for its manufacture of exquisitely engineered dressing cases, which were compact pieces of luggage that travelers would use to tote their cosmetics and toiletries. At the International Exhibition of 1862, the company received a gold medal for its excellent dressing-case designs and also earned a Royal Warrant from Queen Victoria for their manufacture. Upon his ascension to the throne, King Edward II introduced incredibly formal Buckingham Palace court presentations, balls and soirées, resulting in a huge demand for diamond jewels starting with his coronation in 1902. The court jewelers Asprey, Garrard, Carrington and the newly opened London branch of Cartier were all overwhelmed with orders for sumptuous diamond jewelry to be worn at the king’s elaborate coronation. Currently, Asprey International Limited holds a Royal Warrant from His Royal Majesty Charles, Prince of Wales, for jewelry and silver.
Asprey continued to build its reputation for the production of luxury goods including tableware and silverplate pieces throughout the Victorian period and into the early 20th century. Especially known for its designs of the 1920s and ‘30s, Asprey International Limited considers the Art Deco period to have been its golden age. Their designers embraced the spirited originality of the period with open arms, and Asprey enjoyed a time of intense creativity and debuted a wealth of iconic creations throughout the mid-century modern period, too.
Asprey artisans have designed bespoke pieces for such notable celebrities as British musician Ringo Starr and American actress Angelina Jolie. They have also designed made-to-order accessories for Hollywood movies, most notably the Edwardian-style “Coeur de la Mer,” which was a piece of costume jewelry from James Cameron’s 1997 hit, Titanic. The company’s recreation of the piece — this time designed with actual gems sourced from Sri Lanka — fetched more than $2 million at a fundraiser held in Princess Diana’s honor in 1998. Asprey previously acted as the official jewelry designer for the BAFTA awards and collaborated with Ferrari’s Formula 1 team during the late 1990s.
Asprey International Limited has received many awards and recognitions for its timeless designs. Most notably, it was awarded the Queen's Award to Industry in 1975. The London College of Arms bestowed upon the brand a new official coat of arms in 2006 to mark its esteemed 225-year-long legacy of excellence.
On 1stDibs, find antique Asprey International Limited decorative objects, lighting, serveware and silver and jewelry.
- Sterling Silver Model of Tim Birkin's 1929 'Blower' Bentley, 1 of 2 made.By Anthony HoltLocated in London, GBAn extraordinarily detailed and immaculately recreated Sterling silver 1:12 scale model of Bentley’s 1929 supercharged 4½ litre ‘Blower’ by British silversmith Gil Holt of Anthony Ho...Category
2010s European Art Deco Models and MiniaturesMaterials
Sterling Silver$60,405 Sale Price20% Off
- Very Rare, Hand Painted Alfred Dunhill 'Aquarium' Cigar Humidor, 1950sBy Alfred DunhillLocated in London, GBAlfred Dunhill, London Of extraordinary quality, this beautifully hand-painted 'Aquarium' humidor was a special order collaboration for Dunhill, between Ben Shillingford and watercolour artist Margaret Bennett and features beautifully painted pink lotus flowers being circled by koi carp to the heavy Plexiglas lid. All four sides of the box are profusely decorated with shoals of freshwater fish...Category
Vintage 1950s British Other Decorative BoxesMaterials
Plexiglass, CedarPrice Upon Request
- 1941 Sterling Silver 'Grenade' Table Lighter by Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co.By Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co. Ltd.Located in London, GBGoldsmith’s and Silversmith’s Company, hallmarked 1941 A fine and unusual novelty Sterling silver regimental table lighter, realistically modelled as a Mills ‘No.5’ grenade...Category
Vintage 1940s British Other Tobacco AccessoriesMaterials
Sterling Silver$11,675 Sale Price20% Off
- Sterling Silver 'Shotgun' Cocktail Set by J.E Caldwell & Co, circa 1920By J.E. Caldwell & Co.Located in London, GBJ.E Caldwell & Co, Pennsylvania. An incredibly stylish and most likely bespoke Sterling silver 12 piece cocktail or drinks set, featuring a pitcher and tumblers resembling shotgun...Category
Vintage 1920s American Art Deco Sterling SilverMaterials
- Sterling Silver Garrard & Co Winston Churchill Set, 1974By Garrard & Co. Ltd.Located in London, GBGarrard & Co, a very stylish, modernist style sterling silver pitcher and goblet set designed for Garrard by Alex George Styles in collaboration with John Churchill in 1974, as p...Category
Vintage 1970s Other BarwareMaterials
Silver, Sterling Silver
- Pair of Sterling Silver Ashtrays by Tiffany & Co.By Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA matched pair of classically-styled Sterling silver ashtrays, each with three cigar rests and edged with an slim Art Nouveau style border and bearing Tiffany marks and silver marks ...Category
Late 20th Century American Art Nouveau Tobacco AccessoriesMaterials
- Russian Tsarist Silver Cigar CaseLocated in Hamilton, OntarioRussian Tsarist silver cigar case with gold initials and inscriptions.Category
Early 20th Century Russian Sterling SilverMaterials
- Antique Sterling Silver Cigar / Cheroot CaseLocated in Jesmond, Newcastle Upon TyneAn exceptional, fine and impressive antique George V English sterling silver six finger cigar/cheroot case; an addition to the ornamental silverware collection. This exceptional antique sterling silver cheroot case has a rounded rectangular shaped form. The lobed surface of this antique case is plain and unembellished. This exceptional cigar/cheroot case secures with a hallmarked push fit catch, allowing access to the six-channelled interior. Such six-fingered examples are becoming increasingly difficult to locate. Condition This antique cheroot holder...Category
Vintage 1930s British Sterling SilverMaterials
- Rare Asprey London Sterling Silver 1917 Jewelry Box Charles & Richard ComynsBy Asprey & Garrard Limited, Charles & George Asprey, Asprey International LimitedLocated in GBWe are delighted to offer for sale this stunning original Asprey London 1917 solid sterling silver Jewellery box with a faux tortoiseshell top made by the amazing Charles and Richard...Category
Vintage 1910s English Art Nouveau Sterling SilverMaterials
- Dunhill Sterling Silver Pocket Cigar Cutter, Hallmarked, 1980By DunhillLocated in London, GBA stylish circular sterling silver cigar guillotine with chased pattern, by Dunhill. Hallmarked London 1980. With steel blade decorated with contrasti...Category
Vintage 1980s British Tobacco AccessoriesMaterials
Gold, Sterling Silver, Steel
- Antique English Georgian Sterling Silver Pocket Cigar CaseLocated in Hamilton, OntarioThis sterling silver and intricately engraved cigar case was made in London England in circa 1831, during the reign of King George IV. The top and bottom are both ornately engraved w...Category
Antique Early 19th Century English George III Tobacco AccessoriesMaterials
- Antique English Victorian Modern Sterling Silver Cigar BoxBy Joseph BrahamLocated in New York, NYVictorian Modern sterling silver cigar box. Made by Joseph Braham in London in 1897. Rectangular with straight sides. Flat top with double hinged end covers. Center has scroll bracke...Category
Antique 1890s English Victorian Sterling SilverMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery