Off-White Foldable Umbrella Black White
View Similar Items
Off-White Foldable Umbrella Black White
- Creator:Virgil Abloh (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 12.6 in (32 cm)Width: 37.8 in (96 cm)Depth: 1.97 in (5 cm)
- Materials and Techniques:Polyester
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:2020
- Production Type:New & Custom(Current Production)
- Estimated Production Time:Available Now
- Seller Location:Milan, IT
- Reference Number:Seller: OHZG003G20FAB00110011stDibs: LU5453220780982
About the Designer
By the time he celebrated his 40th birthday, Virgil Abloh had, seemingly, triumphed in every corner of the fashion and home design worlds.
In 2013, having already worked for Fendi and partnered with Kanye West, he founded the Milan-based streetwear house Off-White. Four years later, he released the first Off-White furniture line, Grey Area. In 2018, he became the artistic director of Louis Vuitton's menswear division, making him one of the first Black designers to head a French luxury fashion house.
Yet even with the Off-White and LV jobs, Abloh had time for a seemingly endless list of collaborations: designing shoes for Nike and Jimmy Choo, making furniture for Vitra and Ikea (“a super-dream project”), creating art with Takashi Murakami and Jenny Holzer, dressing Serena Williams and Beyoncé, co-branding with Levi’s and Evian, deejaying at Coachella and Lollapalooza.
Abloh's process was incredibly innovative — he explained that if he was inspired by an object, he didn’t want to alter it any more than necessary. “I’m only interested in editing an idea or a concept by three percent,” he said. Not surprisingly, he flirted with the limits of permissible appropriation. His first clothing line consisted of flannel Ralph Lauren shirts on which he printed the word “Pyrex.”
And his collaboration with Vitra included a version of Jean Prouvé’s Antony chair that has Plexiglass where Prouvé used plywood. In 2017, the Belgian designer Raf Simons told GQ that Abloh’s work was unoriginal. A month later, Abloh presented an Off-White collection cheekily titled Nothing New.
- French Umbrella-Shaped Black and White Metal and Brass Umbrella StandBy Mathieu MatégotLocated in Barntrup, DEFrench Umbrella-Shaped Black and White Metal and Brass Umbrella Stand from the circa 1950s. An elegant Mid-Century Modern black and white painted metal umbrella stand in the shape o...Category
Vintage 1950s French Mid-Century Modern Umbrella StandsMaterials
- Black Contemporary Umbrella StandLocated in Geneve, CHBlack Contemporary umbrella stand Dimensions: L 18.4 x W 18.4 x H 56 cm Materials: Steel. Powder-Coated. Also available in Gold and Silver. The Curva collection has expanded...Category
2010s Danish Modern Umbrella StandsMaterials
Steel$581 / item
- Black Kartel Umbrella StandBy KartellLocated in Los Angeles, CAFree standing simplistic barbell design of brushed aluminum and black plastic make up this umbrella stand from Italian design house Kartell. This stand features a circular pedestal b...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Post-Modern Umbrella StandsMaterials
- Italian Blue, White & Black Enameled Metal 1960s Umbrella StandLocated in Varese, LombardiaCylindrical enameled metal umbrella stand in blue & black with white relief decoration. Good condition: some chips of enamel near the base, as shown in the pictures.Category
Antique 1660s Italian Space Age Umbrella StandsMaterials
- Design Black Lacquered Umbrella StandLocated in Marcq-en-Barœul, Hauts-de-FranceThis very nice design umbrella stand is made of black lacquered Metal. This is a French work, circa 1970.Category
Vintage 1970s French Mid-Century Modern Umbrella StandsMaterials
Metal$1,717 Sale Price20% Off
- Folding Giancarlo Piretti "Planta" Coat & Umbrella Stand for Castelli in BrownBy Anonima Castelli, Castelli, Giancarlo PirettiLocated in Grand Cayman, KYSleek and functional; ingeniously beautiful Organic Modernism. From the creators of the iconic folding "Plia" Chair, we bring you the folding "Planta" coat & umbrella stand. Made in ...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Organic Modern Coat Racks and StandsMaterials
Plastic, Lucite$770 Sale Price30% Off