A wonderful whimsical 1960s hand-painted screen or background depicting monkeys playing music. There are three panels. There is a collage aspect to it as the newspaper is actual and applied. It is signed on the lower right panel, what I read as Saul Garcia. The painting is nicely done. The hinges are double hinged and the screws are flat head. The paint is not finished which is why it may have been used as a backdrop for some kind of production.
Place of Origin
Date of Manufacture
Wood, paint and newspaper.
Good. Wood losses to the base with corresponding paint loss..
Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
102 in. H x 70.5 in. W x 2 in. D
259 cm H x 179 cm W x 5 cm D
Palm Springs, CA
Number of Items
More from this Dealer
- Carved Wood Screen by Sant Anooka with Label
- Impressive Tony Evans Raku Centerpiece in Most Unusual Colors
- 1668 Vellum Covered Text Published in Rome
- S.T. Dupont Gold-Plated Lighter in Original Box with Papers
- 1980s Limited Edited 22-Karat Gold-Plated Ivanko Weight Set
- Charles Hollis Jones Signed Ball Series Bookends
- Joe Colombo Boby Trolley or Caddy
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Automatic Power Reserve Watch in Stainless Steel
- Beautiful Piece of Quartz Crystal Mounted on a Custom Solid Zebra Wood Base
- Bronze nude woman torso
- Lee Andreason Bronze Bucephalus Sculpture Signed Numbered 48/50
- Most Unusual Burlwood Turned Castle