Off-White Gradient Blanket Black Fucsia Fluo
View Similar Items
Off-White Gradient Blanket Black Fucsia Fluo
- Creator:Virgil Abloh (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 43.31 in (110 cm)Diameter: 25.6 in (65 cm)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:2020
- Production Type:New & Custom(Current Production)
- Estimated Production Time:Available Now
- Seller Location:Milan, IT
- Reference Number:Seller: OHZL009G20KNI00110681stDibs: LU5453220780162
About the Designer
By the time he celebrated his 40th birthday, Virgil Abloh had, seemingly, triumphed in every corner of the fashion and home design worlds.
In 2013, having already worked for Fendi and partnered with Kanye West, he founded the Milan-based streetwear house Off-White. Four years later, he released the first Off-White furniture line, Grey Area. In 2018, he became the artistic director of Louis Vuitton's menswear division, making him one of the first Black designers to head a French luxury fashion house.
Yet even with the Off-White and LV jobs, Abloh had time for a seemingly endless list of collaborations: designing shoes for Nike and Jimmy Choo, making furniture for Vitra and Ikea (“a super-dream project”), creating art with Takashi Murakami and Jenny Holzer, dressing Serena Williams and Beyoncé, co-branding with Levi’s and Evian, deejaying at Coachella and Lollapalooza.
Abloh's process was incredibly innovative — he explained that if he was inspired by an object, he didn’t want to alter it any more than necessary. “I’m only interested in editing an idea or a concept by three percent,” he said. Not surprisingly, he flirted with the limits of permissible appropriation. His first clothing line consisted of flannel Ralph Lauren shirts on which he printed the word “Pyrex.”
And his collaboration with Vitra included a version of Jean Prouvé’s Antony chair that has Plexiglass where Prouvé used plywood. In 2017, the Belgian designer Raf Simons told GQ that Abloh’s work was unoriginal. A month later, Abloh presented an Off-White collection cheekily titled Nothing New.
- Graphic Burel Wool Black and White BlanketBy Eduardo AiresLocated in Lisbon, PTThis blanket is inspired by and pays hommage to the heritage of wool manufacturing in Serra da Estrela. It is designed with the intent of retrieving and displaying the array of tradi...Category
2010s Portuguese Modern Quilts and BlanketsMaterials
Wool$308 / item
- Black and Off-White Geometric Style PillowsLocated in Brea, CABlack and white geometric reproduction style pillow, with zipper closure. Back is in linen, finished with overlocked edges. Main colors are black and white. Does not include insert. ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Pillows and ThrowsMaterials
Cotton, Linen$99 Sale Price / item37% Off
- Casa Cubista Black & White Handmade Cotton Geometric Tapestry BlanketLocated in West Hollywood, CAThis hand made artisanal throw is made by hand in Southern Portugal. The striking geometric pattern is the perfect graphic addition to any living room. A bold statement while also being timeless. This home decoration blanket goes great with solid color throw pillows to add some dimension and visual interest to your modern couch or boho bed. Made from 100% cotton, this textile is very special because the cotton in it is recycled from the fashion industry. Each of these artisan throws is a small step towards sustainability. About the Artisans: Rui and Fernanda are the talented couple behind the small family-owned mill that weaves these graphic tapestry patterned throw blankets...Category
2010s Portuguese Modern Pillows and ThrowsMaterials
- Viso Mohair Blanket VMB0304 in Camel, Black and WhiteLocated in New York, NYThe most exquisite Mohair is handled by master carders, shearers dyers and weavers to create the blanket unlike any other. Created in a fully manual weaving process keeping with a tr...Category
2010s Spanish Quilts and BlanketsMaterials
- Viso Merino Blanket VMEB0201 in Black, White and RedLocated in New York, NYThe most exquisite extra fine Australian Merino is handled by master carders, shearers, dyers and weavers to create a one of kind blanket unlike any other. Light and soft, this bolde...Category
2010s Unknown Quilts and BlanketsMaterials
- Viso Tapestry Cotton Blanket VTB0602 in White and BlackLocated in New York, NYWøven into German jacquard looms in one hundred percent cotton with our exclusive patterns, each of our tapestries are finished by hand in the united states. The technique used to cr...Category
2010s Unknown TapestriesMaterials