Fine Quality Faux Bamboo French Style Baker Furniture Company Window Bench Stool
View Similar Items
Fine Quality Faux Bamboo French Style Baker Furniture Company Window Bench Stool
- Creator:Baker Furniture Company (Cabinetmaker)
- Dimensions:Height: 24.25 in (61.6 cm)Width: 24.25 in (61.6 cm)Depth: 14 in (35.56 cm)Seat Height: 17.5 in (44.45 cm)
- Style:French Provincial (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:1990
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Good vintage condition. Expect some minor stains on upholstery as its not new.
- Seller Location:Swedesboro, NJ
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU2091334222002
About the Cabinetmaker
Baker Furniture Company
Owing to the company’s collaborations with many leading designers and artists over time, vintage Baker furniture is consistently sought after today. The heritage brand’s chairs, dining tables, desks and other pieces are widely known to collectors and design enthusiasts for their fine craftsmanship and durability.
Within a few decades of its launch, Baker Furniture Company evolved into one of the largest and most important furniture manufacturers in the United States, and became known for its high-quality production standards. Siebe Baker and business partner Henry Cook founded the original iteration of Baker Furniture Company in 1890 in Allegan, Michigan, after immigrating to the United States from the Netherlands. Allegan is a small town west of Grand Rapids, which, at that time was home to Widdicomb Furniture Co. and more and was known as America’s furniture capital. The company manufactured doors and interior moldings, and introduced a combination desk and bookcase in 1893. In the early 1900s, Siebe became sole owner of the business.
Among others, stage designer Joseph Urban and modernist designer Kem Weber contributed designs to Baker in the 1920s. In 1932, under the leadership of Siebe’s son, Hollis, who started at the company as a salesman but took the reins when his father passed in 1925, Baker Furniture introduced bedroom pieces and debuted its Manor House collection, which made reproductions of European furnishings available to the American market. (Hollis was an avid traveler and procured antiques overseas for the company to reproduce in the United States.) Soon, Baker Furniture Company moved to Holland, Michigan, and eventually opened showrooms in Grand Rapids and elsewhere.
Pioneering Scandinavian designer Finn Juhl created a Danish modern line for Baker in 1951, and the company produced his award-winning Chieftain chair for a short time. In the late 1950s, Baker introduced the Milling Road label to reach a younger audience with stylish but less costly furnishings like console tables, walnut dining chairs and more, and in 1961, British furniture designer T.H. Robsjohn-Gibbings introduced a modern neoclassical line at Baker.
The 1960s and ’70s saw the introduction of historic reproduction furniture lines such as Woburn Abbey and the Historic Charleston collection, which remain very popular to this day. In 1990, Baker was licensed to produce a furniture line from Colonial Williamsburg. That same year, the Smithsonian Museum introduced Baker’s Chippendale chair into its permanent collection and the Grand Rapids Art Museum dedicated an exhibition to Baker’s 100-year anniversary, a showcase that included 150 pieces of furniture Siebe Baker had collected as part of a larger assortment that had served as inspiration for his designs.
Today, vintage Baker furniture, such as its elegant mahogany nightstands and teak credenzas — particularly those crafted by Finn Juhl — sees high demand online and elsewhere. The company continues to produce contemporary collections with well-known designers such as Bill Sofield, Barbara Barry and Kara Mann and remains on par with some of the highest quality furniture in the industry.
- Maison Bagues Style Gilded Metal X Form French Faux Bamboo Benches StoolsBy Maison BaguèsLocated in Swedesboro, NJThis is a stunning pair of gold gilded metal Maison Bagues style x form benches. They are absolutely gorgeous and very rare and hard to find. The benches measure 16 tall x 22 wide x ...Category
Vintage 1960s French Directoire BenchesMaterials
- Fine Quality Baker Furniture Company Embossed Leather Top Louis XVI Style DeskBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Swedesboro, NJFor customers that require professional insured delivery we are proud to have teamed up with a nationwide professional delivery company that will assist with coordinating your delive...Category
Vintage 1960s American Louis XVI Desks and Writing TablesMaterials
- Pair of Gold Paint Decorated Faux Bamboo French Benches StoolsLocated in Swedesboro, NJFor customers that require professional insured delivery we are proud to have teamed up with a nationwide professional delivery company that will assist with coordinating your delive...Category
Vintage 1960s North American Louis XVI BenchesMaterials
- Fine Satinwood Baker Furniture Company Crown Glass Breakfront BookcaseBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Swedesboro, NJFor customers that require professional insured delivery we are proud to have teamed up with a nationwide professional delivery company that will assist with coordinating your delivery needs! They offer a reasonable flat-rate fee for delivery and set up to the ground floor of your home. They deliver to the vast majority of the lower 48 states. They offer a flat rate for most of our items with exclusions for the largest or most complex items such as breakfronts or crystal chandeliers or other items of greater complexity. For those items please ask for a shipping quote prior to purchase as these rates are different from our stated pricing. For those items please ask for a shipping quote prior to purchase. Most deliveries to the East Coast will be 295.00, to the mid-west and Southern mid-west 395.00. To the areas west of Kansas 495.00 and the farthest points to the West coast will be 595.00. Again, some areas we can't cover, however we can deliver to most of the lower 48 states so please inquire to be sure! Delivery times range from as fast as 1-4 weeks for the east coast to 5-9 weeks to the farthest areas of the west coast, sometimes longer and sometimes even shorter. If it is a time sensitive purchase, we may be able to accommodate you for a higher price. It is our goal to please each and every one of our customers with the highest standard of service possible. You must realize and accept that we are shipping antique, vintage and quality used furnishings to your home. We cannot control traffic, weather, and acts of God. There will be times when additional patience will be necessary. This is a rare model of Baker breakfront...Category
Vintage 1960s American Georgian BookcasesMaterials
Blown Glass, Satinwood$2,962 Sale Price25% Off
- Antique White Painted Gilded French Louis XV Window Bench Stool, Circa 1940Located in Swedesboro, NJThis is a beautiful window bench perfect to place at the foot of teh bed. The bench features a fine antique white crackled finish and attractive upholstery. The bench measures 47 wid...Category
Vintage 1940s French Louis XVI BenchesMaterials
Walnut$1,121 Sale Price25% Off
- Baker Furniture Company Faux Bamboo Brass and Glass Tray Top TableLocated in Swedesboro, NJThis is an unlabled but most certainly Baker tray top Faux Bamboo cocktail coffee table. The coffee table is an absolute classic and in good condition. Measures 44 wide x 17 tall x 3...Category
Vintage 1960s American Chinese Chippendale Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Baker Carved Gilt Dolphins Motif Window Hall Bench QualityBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Rockaway, NJBaker carved gilt dolphins motif window hall bench quality!.Category
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern BenchesMaterials
- Baker Furniture Bench with Caned SeatBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Philadelphia, PABaker Caned Bench with a slight concave seat and floating top. Legs flair on all corners. Simple elegant design that is very sturdy!.Category
Vintage 1970s American Modern BenchesMaterials
- Milling Road Baker Furniture Upholstered BenchBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Brooklyn, NYMilling Road 20th century bench with hardwood frame and upholstered seat and sides. Versatile design style that can easily compliment either home or office environment. Please confir...Category
Late 20th Century American Modern BenchesMaterials
Wood$1,120 Sale Price30% Off
- Pair of Tufted Leather Benches by Baker FurnitureBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Los Angeles, CAPair of Baker Directoire style gilded 22-karat gold leaf lion head wood benches with tufted leather upholstery and nailhead trim detail.Category
20th Century Unknown Directoire BenchesMaterials
- Faux Bamboo Pavilion Style BenchLocated in Jacksonville, FLFaux bamboo bench upholstered in gold fabric in the style of Brighton Pavilion seating. Good condition with only minor imperfections consistent with age. May exhibit scuffs, marks, o...Category
Vintage 1980s Hollywood Regency BenchesMaterials
Upholstery, Wood$975 Sale Price45% Off
- Faux Bamboo Thebes Style BenchLocated in West Palm Beach, FLThebes style faux bamboo stool with leather tied legs and stretchers.Category
20th Century StoolsMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery