A four-chairback Federal period long settee, in its original black-green paint, parcel-gilt trim, and caning; with a newly upholstered yellow gold herringbone stripe slip seat, conforming to its frame contour. This form of Klismos chair and settee was made on both sides of the Atlantic. The reeding, scale, proportions, relative simplicity of design, and familial provenance; combine to substantiate attribution to a Baltimore maker. In addition to its expected use in a hall or sitting room, it can be placed along side of a dining table.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufactureEarly 19th Century
- ConditionGood. Polished restored and conserved original surface, sturdy structure; new slip seat underpinnings and upholstery. The original black surfaced is aged and hence has 'greened'. Eminently attractive and desirable..
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor fading.
H 32 in. x W 74 in. x D 29.5 in.
H 81.28 cm x W 187.96 cm x D 74.93 cm
- Seat height19 in. (48.26 cm)
- Seller locationWoodbury, CT
- Seller reference number910 AJBN SW
- Reference numberU1205218667338
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Woodbury, CT
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like