De Sede DS35 Vintage Leather 3 Seater Sofa with Two Matching Armchairs
About the Item
- Creator:De Sede (Manufacturer)
- Dimensions:Height: 29.53 in (75 cm)Width: 86.62 in (220 cm)Depth: 27.56 in (70 cm)Seat Height: 15.75 in (40 cm)
- Sold As:Set of 3
- Style:Mid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:1960s
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Highclere, GB
- Reference Number:Seller: DS35 set1stDibs: LU4278225813022
A de Sede piece lends a strong personality to the room it occupies. One of the world’s most respected furniture design houses, de Sede’s quality Swiss craftsmanship has its foundation in a long history of making expertly designed saddles. Founded in 1965 to build on a successful family-run saddler’s workshop in Klingnau, Switzerland, de Sede now is a leading manufacturer of leather goods and furniture, including sofas, chairs and beds.
At the core of de Sede’s philosophy is a reverence for the complexity and beauty of handcrafted furniture in an age when mass-produced objects are the norm. Over the years, the atelier has built a name for itself in its modular furniture pieces, which are made using the highest quality leather upholstery. The sleek, elegant pieces incorporate functionality with beauty. Amongst their best-selling designs is the DS-600 introduced in 1972. Also known as the Non Stop sofa, it is a sensually curved, snaking modular sofa whose individual pieces can be zipped together to create multiple variations and arcs.
De Sede has collaborated with some of the world's finest design minds, enhancing the prestige and individuality of their products. Designers like Santiago Calatrava, Antonella Scarpitta, Stephan Hürlemann, Gordon Guillaumier and Philippe Malouin have all created pieces with the atelier. Ubald Klug’s 1974 DS-1025, also known as the Terrazza sofa, is an enduring favorite with its cascading levels of leather. In 2017, de Sede expanded its product line to include high-quality leather handbags, which are as thoughtfully designed and beautifully crafted as its furniture. De Sede AG is now part of the Volare Group AG and continues to handcraft its fine furniture and other goods from its factory in Klingnau.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Highclere, United Kingdom
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- Danish Midcentury Børge Mogensen 4 Seater Oak Bench Sofa and Two ArmchairsBy Børge Mogensen, FredericiaLocated in Highclere, NewburyA Danish midcentury 1950s oak and blue fabric lounge set featuring a 4 seater model 2219 bench sofa and two 2257 armchairs by Børge Mogensen for Fredricia Stolefabrik. Designed a...Category
Vintage 1950s Danish Mid-Century Modern Living Room SetsMaterials
- Vintage Leather strap sofa with upholstered seat and bespoke sheepskin throwLocated in Highclere, NewburyAn extraordinary hand crafted Vintage French leather strap sofa with upholstered bench seat and bespoke sheepskin throw. This is an extremely unusu...Category
Vintage 1970s French Bohemian SofasMaterials
- Marcel Breuer Vintage B35 Leather and Chrome Cantilever Armchair and FootstoolBy Thonet, Marcel BreuerLocated in Highclere, NewburyAn early 20th century designed lounge chair set by Marcel Breuer featuring a cantilever chrome and tan leather lounge chair with matching footstool. Marcel Breuer was one of the key architects and designers of the 20th century and one of the most influential exponents of modernist design having both studied and taught at the Bauhaus school of design. He is credited with creating the first chrome tube...Category
Vintage 1920s German Bauhaus Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Lounge Chairs - Safari style Danish Midcentury chairs by Børge Jensen & SønnerBy Borge JensenLocated in Highclere, NewburyA very rare pair of Danish midcentury Børge Jensen & Sønner ‘Safari’ lounge chairs in canvas and beech. First designed and produced in the mid-1960s these chairs are a development b...Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
Leather, Canvas, Beech
- Lounge Chair, Midcentury Scandinavian Cantilever Chrome and WebbingLocated in Highclere, NewburyMidcentury Scandinavian cantilever chrome and webbing lounge chair. I’ve never seen another one like it, this mystery lounge chair hails from ...Category
Vintage 1970s Danish Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
- 4 vintage Eero Saarininen Knoll Inc. Executive armchairs with an oak frame baseBy Knoll, Eero SaarinenLocated in Highclere, NewburyA classic set of 4 vintage Eero Saarininen Knoll Inc. executive armchairs in the original Knoll blue fabric with an oak frame base. The Eero Saarinen Executive armchair was featured in nearly every Florence Knoll Mid Century interior throughout the 1950s and beyond. Originally introduced in 1950, the chair transformed the notion of what executive seating could be with its fluid, sculptural form and modern finishing. The timeless and versatile design continues to fit seamlessly into work, conference, lounge and dining applications of any décor. The chair remains as one of the most popular Knoll designs ever with new versions of the armchair, as shown here, in fabric with the wooden light oak base retailing at around £2,000 per chair. And it’s the wooden legs that add to their appeal and was ultimately a big improvement on the original tubular steel frame. They are just warmer and more welcoming, as well as being more aesthetically pleasing. As such the chairs are more often used these days as dining chairs rather than in the office. The chairs are also supremely comfortable and are upholstered in a classic Knoll wool fabric that has different subtle colour flecks within the fabric and that also features a slightly darker colour in the seat. This is an intentional design aesthetic as it helps to maintain the condition and look of the seat with heavier use. They date from the 1990s and remain in very good vintage condition with only light signs of use. This item is sold as a set of 4 chairs but the chairs are also available as a complete dining set matched with a Florence Knoll Walnut table...Category
1990s American Mid-Century Modern Dining Room ChairsMaterials
- De Sede DS-42 Buffalo Leather Two-Seat SofaBy De SedeLocated in Dronten, NLVery comfortable De Sede DS-42 sofa in thick buffalo neck leather, Switzerland, 1970s. The design is basic, yet very modern. The very thick high quality leather is in nice vintage c...Category
Vintage 1970s Swiss Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- DS-102 Sofa by De SedeBy De SedeLocated in Geneve, CHDS-102 sofa by De Sede The cushions are optional, please contact us. Dimensions: D 90 x W 235 x H 77 cm Materials: Aluminium, leather Prices may change according to the chosen ...Category
2010s Swiss Modern SofasMaterials
- De Sede DS-84 Leather Two-Seat Sofa, c. 1970'sBy De SedeLocated in Norwalk, CTIntroducing the sophisticated and handsome Model DS-84 two-seat sofa in luxurious brown leather by De Sede, a true masterpiece from the 1970's. This iconic piece is a harmonious blen...Category
Late 20th Century Swiss Scandinavian Modern SofasMaterials
- De Sede DS 98 Leather Two-seater Sofa, Switzerland 1980By De SedeLocated in Almelo, NLDe Sede DS 98 Leather two-seater sofa, Switzerland 1980. This two-seater De Sede DS 98 leather sofa was made in Switzerland during the 1980s and is a symbol of superb comfort and ...Category
Late 20th Century Swiss Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- De Sede 'DS-47 'Two Seat Sofa in Cognac LeatherBy De SedeLocated in Waalwijk, NLDe Sede, DS-47 two-seat sofa, leather, Switzerland, 1960s. Highly comfortable DS47 sofa in a patinated cognac leather by De Sede. The design is simplistic, yet very modern. This d...Category
Vintage 1960s Swiss Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials