Items Similar to Pair of English 1860s Walnut Stools with Barley Twist Base and New Upholstery View More
Pair of English 1860s Walnut Stools with Barley Twist Base and New Upholstery
A pair of English walnut stools from the mid-19th century, with barley twist base and new upholstery. Born in England during the third quarter of the 19th century, each of this pair of walnut stools features a rectangular seat newly recovered with a linen fabric accented with a brass nailhead trim. Each stool is raised on a barley twist base made of four legs connected to one another through an H-form cross stretcher as well as upper side stretchers. With its elegant lines and walnut finish, this pair of English stools circa 1860 will bring an undeniable touch of refinement to any living room or bedroom.
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1860
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsAge appropriate wear. New upholstery. Please look at the various photos available.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 21.75 in. x W 18.75 in. x D 17 in.H 55.25 cm x W 47.63 cm x D 43.18 cm
- Seat Height21.75 in. (55.25 cm)
- Seller LocationAtlanta, GA
- Seller Reference NumberA 1440
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference NumberLU836717658812
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2007
Typical response time: <1 hour
Located in Atlanta, GA
More From This Seller
Italian 1860s Walnut Spool Leg Stool with New U...
Antique Mid-19th Century Italian
Pair of French 1880s Walnut Empire Style Curule...
Antique Late 19th Century French Empire
Upholstery, Walnut, Brass, Linen
1850s Anglo Indian Oak Bench with Barley Twist ...
Antique Mid-19th Century Indian Anglo-Indian
You May Also Like
William and Mary Style Walnut Barley Twist Stoo...
20th Century William and Mary
Leather, Brass, Walnut
$1,450 Sale Price
Italian Baroque Walnut Stool with Fortuny Uphol...
Antique 18th Century Italian Baroque
English Walnut Carved Stool
Antique 1890s English Chippendale
Rosewood Barley Twist Lift Top Bench
Antique 1860s English
Pair of English Barley Twist Square Stools, cir...
Antique 1890s English
English Oak Barley Twist Stool, circa 1900
Early 20th Century English Jacobean
Linen, Upholstery, Oak
French Rococo Painted and Gilt Stool with Aubu...
Antique Mid-19th Century French Louis XV