Tall two-door baroque 18th century bookcase from Germany, with broken pediment top, in a highly-figured walnut veneer, with a fitted interior of shelves and smaller drawers, over a serpentine three-drawer chest base.
Place of Origin
Date of Manufacture
mid 18th century
Bookmarked Circassian walnut veneers, crossbanding around edges.
Good. Old patina. Some cracking with age, some chipping to veneers. .
96 in. H x 57 in. W x 25 in. D
244 cm H x 145 cm W x 63 cm D
Number of Items
More from this Dealer
- George II Two-Part Mahogany Bookcase
- Regency Period Palisander Bookcase
- Fine George III Breakfront Mahogany Bookcase with Secretaire Drawer
- Queen Anne Bureau-Bookcase in Figured Walnut
- Three-Part Rosewood Bookcase by Bertil Fridhagen
- Danish Small 19th Century Figured Walnut Bookcase
- English Renaissance Revival Two-Part Bookcase
- Danish Modern Bookcase by Frode Holm
- Tall Two-Door Bookcase
- Swedish, 1930s-1940s Marquetry Cabinet Inlaid with Bird, Floral and Ocean Motifs
- Danish 1940s-1950s Oak Cabinet
- 1940s Danish Modern Walnut Cabinet