- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Baker Furniture Milling Road American Colonial Carved Mahogany Tea Table
About the Item
- Creator:Baker Furniture Company (Manufacturer)
- Dimensions:Height: 28.25 in (71.76 cm)Width: 34.13 in (86.7 cm)Depth: 34.13 in (86.7 cm)
- Style:American Colonial (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:1990s
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Very good original vintage condition. Very minor wear from age and use.
- Seller Location:South Bend, IN
- Reference Number:Seller: 66161stDibs: LU2745321721532
Baker Furniture Company
Owing to the company’s collaborations with many leading designers and artists over time, vintage Baker furniture is consistently sought after today. The heritage brand’s chairs, dining tables, desks and other pieces are widely known to collectors and design enthusiasts for their fine craftsmanship and durability.
Within a few decades of its launch, Baker Furniture Company evolved into one of the largest and most important furniture manufacturers in the United States, and became known for its high-quality production standards. Siebe Baker and business partner Henry Cook founded the original iteration of Baker Furniture Company in 1890 in Allegan, Michigan, after immigrating to the United States from the Netherlands. Allegan is a small town west of Grand Rapids, which, at that time was home to Widdicomb Furniture Co. and more and was known as America’s furniture capital. The company manufactured doors and interior moldings, and introduced a combination desk and bookcase in 1893. In the early 1900s, Siebe became sole owner of the business.
Among others, stage designer Joseph Urban and modernist designer Kem Weber contributed designs to Baker in the 1920s. In 1932, under the leadership of Siebe’s son, Hollis, who started at the company as a salesman but took the reins when his father passed in 1925, Baker Furniture introduced bedroom pieces and debuted its Manor House collection, which made reproductions of European furnishings available to the American market. (Hollis was an avid traveler and procured antiques overseas for the company to reproduce in the United States.) Soon, Baker Furniture Company moved to Holland, Michigan, and eventually opened showrooms in Grand Rapids and elsewhere.
Pioneering Scandinavian designer Finn Juhl created a Danish modern line for Baker in 1951, and the company produced his award-winning Chieftain chair for a short time. In the late 1950s, Baker introduced the Milling Road label to reach a younger audience with stylish but less costly furnishings like console tables, walnut dining chairs and more, and in 1961, British furniture designer T.H. Robsjohn-Gibbings introduced a modern neoclassical line at Baker.
The 1960s and ’70s saw the introduction of historic reproduction furniture lines such as Woburn Abbey and the Historic Charleston collection, which remain very popular to this day. In 1990, Baker was licensed to produce a furniture line from Colonial Williamsburg. That same year, the Smithsonian Museum introduced Baker’s Chippendale chair into its permanent collection and the Grand Rapids Art Museum dedicated an exhibition to Baker’s 100-year anniversary, a showcase that included 150 pieces of furniture Siebe Baker had collected as part of a larger assortment that had served as inspiration for his designs.
Today, vintage Baker furniture, such as its elegant mahogany nightstands and teak credenzas — particularly those crafted by Finn Juhl — sees high demand online and elsewhere. The company continues to produce contemporary collections with well-known designers such as Bill Sofield, Barbara Barry and Kara Mann and remains on par with some of the highest quality furniture in the industry.
Browse vintage Baker armchairs, sofas, coffee tables and more on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: South Bend, IN
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Baker Furniture Stately Homes Collection Carved Mahogany Tea Table, RefinishedBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INAn exceptional Chippendale style carved mahogany occasional side table or tea table By Baker Furniture, "Stately Homes" Collection USA, Circa 1980s Measures: 34.5"W x 22.25"...Category
Vintage 1980s American Chippendale Card Tables and Tea TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture French Empire Mahogany Tea Table, Newly RefinishedBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous French Empire or Neoclassical style tea table or occasional side table By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1980s Book-matched mahogany in starburst pattern, with gold g...Category
Late 20th Century American Empire Card Tables and Tea TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture Hollywood Regency Mahogany Tea Table, Newly RefinishedBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous Hollywood Regency style dark mahogany occasional side table or tea table By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1990s Measures: 25.5" W x 25.5" D x 26.25" H. Newly refi...Category
Late 20th Century American Hollywood Regency Side TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture Neoclassical Mahogany and Brass Tea Table, Newly RefinishedBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous Neoclassical style occasional side table or tea table By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1980s Mahogany, with satinwood inlay and mounted brass ormolu. Measures: 23...Category
Late 20th Century American Neoclassical Card Tables and Tea TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture Georgian Mahogany Pie Crust Tilt-Top Tea TableBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INAn exceptional Georgian or Chippendale style carved mahogany tilt-top tea table By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1980s Measures: 30"W x 30"D x 29.25"H. Excellent original vi...Category
Late 20th Century American Georgian Card Tables and Tea TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture French Provincial Mahogany Occasional Side Table or Tea TableBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous French Provincial style carved mahogany tea table or occasional side table By Baker Furniture Circa 1990s Measures: 18.25"W x 18.25"D x 24"H. Very good origina...Category
Late 20th Century Unknown French Provincial Side TablesMaterials
- Giraffe dining Chair in Solid Brazilian Wood by Juliana VasconcellosBy Juliana Lima VasconcellosLocated in Belo Horizonte, Minas GeraisThe Giraffe dining chair was designed with soft curves and slender, but with volume, bringing comfort and elegance. The base structure was thou...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Brazilian Modern Dining Room ChairsMaterials
- Contemporary Modern Milling Road for Baker Foyer Accent Table, 1990sBy Baker Furniture Company, Milling RoadLocated in Keego Harbor, MIFor your consideration is a gorgeous, blonde wood foyer or accent table, the Milling Road division of Baker Furniture, circa 1990s. In excellent vi...Category
1990s American Side TablesMaterials
- Late 19th Century Spanish Colonial Carved Santos with Glass EyesLocated in Santa Monica, CALate 19th century hand-carved Santos with inset glass eyes and original gesso paint surface. On custom museum display stand. Base measures 6" x...Category
Antique Late 19th Century Central American Spanish Colonial Sculptures a...Materials
- Vintage Small Space American Mahogany Tea / Coffee Table, circa 1930sLocated in Germantown, MDAmerican mahogany tea table / coffee table for small spaces. Good vintage condition. Measures 28"W x 18"D x 18"H. WJAB050222.Category
Early 20th Century American American Colonial Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
Mahogany$900 Sale Price9% Off
- Paul Revere Doll House and Furniture 73 Pc Vintage Wood Accessories MiniaturesLocated in Dayton, OHPaul Revere 34" doll house and furniture 73 piece vintage wood accessories miniatures Paul Revere Replica doll house and accessories. Made from wood with exceptional detail. Attic room 1 - Fireplace, tiered plant stand, 2 garden tools, garden shed, birdhouse, kitchen stove, kitchen sink, leafy plant, flowering plant, 2 chairs, set tea table Attic room 2 - Harp, piano, stool, music stand, cello, 2 drums, xylophone, record player, 2 records, monopoly board...Category
20th Century American Colonial ToysMaterials
Other$840 Sale Price30% Off
- Incredible Diaroma of Caviar Fisherman, from the Romanoff Caviar Company NYLocated in London, GBThis incredible Diaroma was made in 1911 by Walldorf u.Scharfrein of Hamburg, it was commissioned by Ferdinand Hansen of the Romanoff Caviar Company which he had recently set up in N...Category
Early 20th Century Victorian Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- Antique Victorian English Sterling Silver Grape ScissorsBy Edward Hutton, William Hutton & SonsLocated in Jesmond, Newcastle Upon TyneAn exceptional, fine and impressive pair of antique Victorian English sterling silver grape shears, boxed, an addition to our silver flatware collection. These exceptional antique...Category
Antique 1890s Great Britain (UK) Victorian Sterling SilverMaterials
- Victorian Envelope Card Table Antique Mahogany Games, 1890Located in Potters Bar, GBPretty late Victorian mahogany envelope card table. This table stands upon shaped legs with carved toes and brass castors. circa 1890 The knees of the legs having carved decoratio...Category
Antique 1890s Card Tables and Tea TablesMaterials
- Nightcap Large Rug by Art & LoomLocated in Geneve, CHNightcap large rug by Art & Loom Dimensions: D304.8 x H426.7 cm Materials: New Zealand wool & Chinese silk Quality (Knots per Inch): 100 Also available in different dimensions. Sama...Category
2010s Nepalese Post-Modern North and South American RugsMaterials
Wool, Silk$17,675 / item
- Antique Oval Sutherland Table, English, Gate Leg, Occasional, Victorian, C.1850Located in Hele, Devon, GBThis is an antique oval Sutherland table. An English, satin mahogany gate-leg occasional table, dating to the early Victorian period, circa 1850. Graced with exquisite figuring an...Category
Antique Mid-19th Century British Drop-leaf and Pembroke TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture Two Tier Oval Primavera Mahogany & Gilt Metal Side / Tea TableBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Germantown, MDA stylish contemporary two tier oval table by Baker Furniture in primavera mahogany(blonde mahogany) and gilt metal frame. The table features an extremely heavy, sturdy and gorgeous ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern Side TablesMaterials
Metal$1,480 Sale Price20% Off
- American Chippendale Mahogany Dish Top Tea Table with Slipper Feet, Circa 1760Located in Charleston, SCAmerican Chippendale Mahogany dish top tea table with a turned bulbous carved ringed pedestal resting on tripod slipper feet with brass casters, Mid 18th century. Secondary wood cons...Category
Antique 1760s American Chippendale Card Tables and Tea TablesMaterials
Brass, Wrought Iron
- George III Mahogany Tilt-Top Tea TableLocated in Kittery Point, METhe square serpentine tilt-top with a spindle gallery, above a tapering turned column raised on three cabriole legs terminating in pad feet.Category
Antique Late 18th Century English George III Card Tables and Tea TablesMaterials
- circa 1820-30 American Tilt-Top Tea TableLocated in Chapel Hill, NCc.1820-30 American tilt-top tea table of cherry wood. Lovely shaped top, possibly done later or as an afterthought as it plays very well off the lovely shaped tripod pedestal base. V...Category
Antique Early 19th Century American Side TablesMaterials
- Irish Chippendale Mahogany Dish Top Tea Table. Circa 1760Located in Charleston, SCIrish Chippendale mahogany dish top tea table with carved foliage knee and terminating on stylized slipper feet. Mid-18th CenturyCategory
Antique 18th Century and Earlier Irish Chippendale Card Tables and Tea T...
- English Queen Anne Mahogany Dish Top Tea Table, Circa 1740By Queen AnneLocated in Charleston, SCEnglish Queen Anne mahogany tea table with dish top, carved skirt, shell knee, and terminating on stocking feet. Early 18th CenturyCategory
Antique 18th Century and Earlier British Queen Anne Card Tables and Tea ...
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery