Baker Brass and Faux Bamboo Hollywood Regency Cocktail Table
About the Item
- Creator:Baker Furniture Company (Cabinetmaker)
- Dimensions:Height: 16.5 in (41.91 cm)Width: 44 in (111.76 cm)Depth: 21 in (53.34 cm)
- Style:Hollywood Regency (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:Mid-20th Century
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Buchanan, MI
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU819917697351
Baker Furniture Company
Owing to the company’s collaborations with many leading designers and artists over time, vintage Baker furniture is consistently sought after today. The heritage brand’s chairs, dining tables, desks and other pieces are widely known to collectors and design enthusiasts for their fine craftsmanship and durability.
Within a few decades of its launch, Baker Furniture Company evolved into one of the largest and most important furniture manufacturers in the United States, and became known for its high-quality production standards. Siebe Baker and business partner Henry Cook founded the original iteration of Baker Furniture Company in 1890 in Allegan, Michigan, after immigrating to the United States from the Netherlands. Allegan is a small town west of Grand Rapids, which, at that time was home to Widdicomb Furniture Co. and more and was known as America’s furniture capital. The company manufactured doors and interior moldings, and introduced a combination desk and bookcase in 1893. In the early 1900s, Siebe became sole owner of the business.
Among others, stage designer Joseph Urban and modernist designer Kem Weber contributed designs to Baker in the 1920s. In 1932, under the leadership of Siebe’s son, Hollis, who started at the company as a salesman but took the reins when his father passed in 1925, Baker Furniture introduced bedroom pieces and debuted its Manor House collection, which made reproductions of European furnishings available to the American market. (Hollis was an avid traveler and procured antiques overseas for the company to reproduce in the United States.) Soon, Baker Furniture Company moved to Holland, Michigan, and eventually opened showrooms in Grand Rapids and elsewhere.
Pioneering Scandinavian designer Finn Juhl created a Danish modern line for Baker in 1951, and the company produced his award-winning Chieftain chair for a short time. In the late 1950s, Baker introduced the Milling Road label to reach a younger audience with stylish but less costly furnishings like console tables, walnut dining chairs and more, and in 1961, British furniture designer T.H. Robsjohn-Gibbings introduced a modern neoclassical line at Baker.
The 1960s and ’70s saw the introduction of historic reproduction furniture lines such as Woburn Abbey and the Historic Charleston collection, which remain very popular to this day. In 1990, Baker was licensed to produce a furniture line from Colonial Williamsburg. That same year, the Smithsonian Museum introduced Baker’s Chippendale chair into its permanent collection and the Grand Rapids Art Museum dedicated an exhibition to Baker’s 100-year anniversary, a showcase that included 150 pieces of furniture Siebe Baker had collected as part of a larger assortment that had served as inspiration for his designs.
Today, vintage Baker furniture, such as its elegant mahogany nightstands and teak credenzas — particularly those crafted by Finn Juhl — sees high demand online and elsewhere. The company continues to produce contemporary collections with well-known designers such as Bill Sofield, Barbara Barry and Kara Mann and remains on par with some of the highest quality furniture in the industry.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Buchanan, MI
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
- Two Charming Iron and Antiqued Mirror Hollywood Regency Drinks TableLocated in Buchanan, MITwo charming iron and antiqued mirror Hollywood Regency drinks table. Lovely zinc finish. Priced per table.Category
20th Century Hollywood Regency End TablesMaterials
- Hollywood Regency Venetian Style Antiqued Mirror and Ribbed Mirror Low TableLocated in Buchanan, MIHollywood Regency Venetian style antiqued mirror and ribbed mirror low table. Attributed to Richard Himmel. Measures: H 18 1/2 x W 48 x D 28 inches.Category
20th Century Italian Hollywood Regency Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Handsome Brass and Glass Console Table in the Style of Milo BaughmanLocated in Buchanan, MIHandsome brass and glass console table in the style of Milo Baughman. Great for use as console table, bar or server.Category
Mid-20th Century Console TablesMaterials
- Iron Cocktail Table Made of Architectural ElementsLocated in Buchanan, MIAn Iron Cocktail Table Made Of Architectural Elements. Patinated iron table with non figural decoration and raised on four straight legs 18"x 57" x 28"Category
20th Century Neoclassical Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Hermes/Adnet Inspired Iron Belt Cocktail Table, Iron Base, Wood Top, Great StyleBy HermèsLocated in Buchanan, MIHermes/Adnet inspired iron belt cocktail table, iron base, wood top, great style. Top would be great covered in leather.Category
20th Century Unknown Adirondack Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Small Scale Hollywood Regency Faux Bamboo Wood Brass Tray Cocktail TableBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Philadelphia, PAA smaller scale coffee table from the 1970s attributed to Baker Furniture. It features a solid wood bamboo form base, with a brass framed glass top. Very clean and ready for use.Category
Vintage 1970s American Hollywood Regency Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Mastercraft Hollywood Regency Faux Bamboo Brass Cocktail TableBy MastercraftLocated in Bradenton, FLA gorgeous Hollywood Regency cocktail table or side table by Mastercraft. The table features a stunning faux bamboo brass frame and glass top. The brass shows beautiful patina from a...Category
Mid-20th Century Hollywood Regency Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- 1970s Regency Faux Bamboo & Glass Cocktail Table by Baker Furniture CoBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in National City, CAAMBIANIC presents By Baker Furniture Co Hollywood Regency faux bamboo Coffee Cocktail Table with brass and glass oval tray top. Vintage brass. Glass Tabletop with scalloped rim sits ...Category
Vintage 1970s American Hollywood Regency Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
Metal, Aluminum, Brass
- Baker Hollywood Regency Chinoiserie Walnut and Brass Octagonal Cocktail TableBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous Hollywood Regency chinoiserie coffee or cocktail table By Baker Furniture USA, circa 1970s Walnut with hand painted Asian designs in floral motif, brass-mounted g...Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Hollywood Regency Brass Tray Cocktail Table with Faux Bamboo LegsLocated in Rio Vista, CAHandsome Hollywood regency brass cocktail coffee table featuring a carved walnut faux bamboo base that is a true survivor, and has been spared from the black rattle can paint job. The table has a large handled tray top with conforming corners and a lovely patinated brass aged finish. The faux bamboo legs...Category
20th Century American Hollywood Regency Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture Hollywood Regency Chinoiserie Octagonal Cocktail TableBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous Hollywood Regency chinoiserie coffee or cocktail table By Baker Furniture USA, circa 1970s Oak parquet top, with hand painted Asian designs in floral motif. Me...Category
Vintage 1970s American Chinoiserie Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery