- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Maitland Smith Two Drawer Mahogany Server Console
- CreatorMaitland Smith (Maker)
- DimensionsHeight: 32 in. (81.28 cm)Width: 59.5 in. (151.13 cm)Depth: 22.5 in. (57.15 cm)
- StyleModern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture21st Century
- ConditionVery nice condition.
- Seller LocationToledo, OH
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1658224592992
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Toledo, OH
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Maker
The eclectic furnishings of Maitland-Smith celebrate artisan skills in an age of machines. Hand-carved woodwork, inlaid marquetry, painted detailing, gilding and lost wax casting lend the company’s decorative accents an artistic flair. Focused on pieces that add a dynamic flourish to an interior by incorporating tactile materials like leather, seashell inlays and crushed eggshell, the manufacturer draws inspiration across centuries, from the curvy forms of the Louis XV period to the geometric angles of mid-century modernism.
Paul Maitland-Smith established the company in Hong Kong in 1979, after getting his start in London in the 1950s as an antique dealer who also sold reproduction furniture, something that would become a Maitland-Smith specialty. The manufacturer’s early reproductions of 17th- and 18th-century furniture included Chippendale dining chairs, and soon afterward, Maitland-Smith expanded into a range of decorative designs that often exuded a whimsical spirit, whether a coffee table shaped like a stack of books or a pair of decorative obelisks. Maitland-Smith’s signature sculptural table lamps in particular show off this playful sensibility, with one balancing a pen-shell shade on a monkey’s tail and another taking on the form of a miniature hot-air balloon.
Since its founding, Maitland-Smith’s sourcing has been based in Asia, and although Paul Maitland-Smith later sold the company that still bears his name and is now headquartered in North Carolina, the brand’s furnishings are still largely made in Cebu, Philippines.
Today, Maitland-Smith continues to innovate on its finely crafted offerings by collaborating with contemporary designers and studios such as Tony Duquette Studios (founded by set and costume designer Tony Duquette in 1941), Celerie Kemble and painter and textile designer Susan Hable Smith.
Find a wide range of Maitland-Smith furniture for sale on 1stDibs.
- Maitland, Smith Console Table Hand Painted DetailsLocated in Toledo, OHMaitland - Smith console table with hand painted details. Fluted skirt has center design of musical instruments and notes. Gold carved medallions on each top side. The top has a pain...Category
21st Century and Contemporary North American Federal Console TablesMaterials
- Maitland Smith Chippendale Dresser Vanity Beveled MirrorBy Maitland SmithLocated in Toledo, OHMaitland Smith Chippendale dresser vanity oval beveled mirror. Very good to excellent condition. Dimensions: 9.25" depth x 22.25" W x 25" H.Category
20th Century North American Chippendale Table MirrorsMaterials
- Sheraton Mahogany Console Entry Table by CouncillBy CouncillLocated in Toledo, OHSheraton Mahogany console entry table by Councill Furniture. Mahogany and Satinwood inlay with square tapered legs. The oval center has a medallion with an urn on it. Excellent condi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Console TablesMaterials
- John Widdicomb Console Table Rococo Style Carved MahoganyBy John WiddicombLocated in Toledo, OHAll carved mahogany console table by John Widdicomb. Draped swag details highlighted in gold. Fluted legs have acanthus leaf top designs. Faux marble top that can easily be removed. ...Category
20th Century North American Rococo Console TablesMaterials
- Pair of Maitland Smith Hand Painted Chinoiserie TablesBy Maitland SmithLocated in Toledo, OHA stunning pair of chinoiserie table by Maitland Smith. Beautifully hand painted gold gilt on black. They feature a scalloped edge atop cabriole legs. Sure to enhance amy decor. Very...Category
20th Century American Chinoiserie End TablesMaterials
- Maitland Smith Asian Influence Lacquer Box Ball & Claw FeetBy Maitland SmithLocated in Toledo, OHMaitland Smith Asian influence lacquer finish. Painted figures walking through a garden landscape. Top brass hands detail. Brass ball and claw feet.Category
Vintage 1980s North American Chinoiserie Decorative BoxesMaterials
You May Also Like
Late 20th Century Philippine Modern Console Tables
20th Century American Federal Console Tables
Vintage 1980s American Hollywood Regency Console Tables
Late 20th Century Mid-Century Modern Console Tables
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Console Tables
20th Century North American Louis XVI Console Tables
1990s American Regency Console Tables
20th Century American Post-Modern Console Tables
Travertine, Marble, Brass
Vintage 1960s American Hollywood Regency Console Tables
Late 20th Century Federal Console Tables
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery