- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
60s P.Cadovius Dining Table,Centertable, Mygge Signed, Denmark, Cado
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Customs Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: Valladolid, Spain
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Author
Born just outside of Copenhagen in 1911, Cadovius began manufacturing window treatments in the 1940s with his partner, Hother Brønner. He soon turned his focus from venetian blinds to furniture, finding success designing svelte pieces in teak, a richly colored hardwood favored by the Danish mid-century modernists.
In 1945, Cadovius founded the furniture manufacturer Royal System with his designs, including the 1948 Royal System shelving unit, a space-saving solution that underscored Cadovius’s penchant for problem-solving in a multifunctional way. Rather than balance shelves on wooden or metal legs, it held them to the wall with brackets. He followed it with the System Ultra in 1957, the System Cado in 1960 and the System Abstracta, which was installed throughout the exhibition halls of the 1962 Cologne Furniture Fair. All expanded on his idea of wall-mounted shelving that saved space while offering functionality, allowing for limitless combinations of storage, shelves, work surfaces and other units. The Royal System proved to be especially popular and is still produced by Danish furniture brand dk3 today, with early models continuing to be in demand.
Along with the shelving systems, Cadovius designed everything from lounge chairs to mushroom-shaped bus shelters, and he held over 400 patents. In addition to being a designer, he was also an entrepreneur with an eye for opportunity, such as purchasing Danish manufacturer France & Søn in the mid-1960s and folded it into CADO, a company he founded years earlier. He used this as an occasion to experiment with his designs, conceiving such unusual pieces as an aluminum-based dining table topped with rosewood and hand-painted by artist Susan Fjedldoe Mygge.
Cadovius’s innovations in shelving continued throughout his career, with examples like the sculptural Butterfly shelf and vertical pieces mixing shelving and storage. In 2018, to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Royal System, dk3 reissued the celebrated shelving system as well as a more compact version reimagined for 21st-century homes.
- Located in Valladolid, ESOutstanding coffetable or centertable adjustable in two heights. Unique design from the 70s. The top of the pie...Category
Mid-20th Century French Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- By Jean Claude MaheyLocated in Valladolid, ESOutstanding Jean Claude Mahey Dining table in black lacquered wood and brass by Jean Claude Mahey for Roche Bobo...Category
Vintage 1970s French Mid-Century Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- By Midcentury Italian schoolLocated in Valladolid, ESAmazing "Beetle car sculpture for VW Beetle model made of natural rattan, handcrafted.Italiy , midcentury Uniqu...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern Models and MiniaturesMaterials
Wicker, Rattan$1,118 Sale Price20% Off
- By Leucos Design LabLocated in Valladolid, ESGorgous couple of Murano crystal sconces by Leucos with nickel-plated chrome body, i8n a perfect condition, they...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- By Alex TallerLocated in Valladolid, ESUnique and very refined piece of glass, blown glass, 20th century. A large black dish, with a psicoledic design ...Category
1990s French Mid-Century Modern CenterpiecesMaterials
Blown Glass$1,281 Sale Price21% Off
You May Also Like
Vintage 1960s Danish Dining Room Tables
Vintage 1970s Danish Mid-Century Modern Dining Room Tables
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Dining Room Tables
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern Dining Room Tables
Mid-20th Century Danish Center Tables
Aluminum, Gold Leaf
21st Century and Contemporary British Regency Dining Room Tables
Mid-20th Century Danish Mid-Century Modern Dining Room Tables
Vintage 1960s Danish Mid-Century Modern Dining Room Tables
Glass, Wood, Teak, Lacquer
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery