Customized 'Paracarro' Dining Table Bases by Giovanni Offredi for Saporiti 1970s
About the Item
- Creator:Saporiti (Manufacturer),Giovanni Offredi (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 28.25 in (71.76 cm)Diameter: 39.5 in (100.33 cm)
- Style:Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:1970s
- Condition:Overall good vintage condition. One base has a small gouge which has been touched up as can be seen in the photos. See description for more details. Ready to be used immediately.
- Seller Location:Los Angeles, CA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU1330227994432
Established initially as Fratelli Saporiti in 1950, mid-century Italian furniture maker Saporiti Italia has a reputation for avant-garde and enduring designs, and its tables, chairs and cabinets inspire all who have had the pleasure of contemplating them.
Furniture designer Sergio Saporiti founded Fratelli Saporiti with a vision of creating pieces ahead of their time. By staying on top of the cultural shifts taking shape during the postwar era — and finding inspiration in the craftsmanship, durability and sensibility of Scandinavian design — Saporiti was able to tap into what the public wanted. His focus on using high-quality materials ensured that every welcoming chair and table could be used and enjoyed for decades to come.
In 1965, Saporiti collaborated with Italian designer Alberto Rosselli, a pioneer of the industrial design movement. They created such iconic pieces as the Confidential sofa, the Moby Dick chaise lounge and the Jumbo chair. In the 1970s, Saporiti initiated another collaboration with Italian designer Giovanni Offredi. The prolific partnership resulted in universally renowned designs like the Paracarro table and the Sail chair. Together, they also created the curving Wave sofa, which was popular in international markets.
The joint projects were a success, and the brand opened many international showrooms throughout the 1970s. In the 1980s, the company officially rebranded as Saporiti Italia and released a line of customizable furniture, including the Avedon sofa, in collaboration with designer Mauro Lipparini. This era also led to a partnership with Missoni — the celebrated Italian fashion brand expanded into home furnishings in 1983 and created rugs and upholstery fabrics for Saporiti soon afterward.
Since then, Saporiti Italia has pivoted to furniture contracting and design management. To this day, the company remains under the ownership of the Saporiti family, and vintage Saporiti furniture continues to capture the imagination of collectors worldwide.
Find Saporiti Italia lounge chairs, coffee tables and sofas on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Long Beach, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
Automaton is the premier source for early-production originals of hard-to-find 20th-century designs and functional art, serving a range of clients, from celebrities and interior designers to aficionados with modest budgets. Its 20,000-square-foot Los Angeles space is packed with rare examples of designs from a large repertoire of such designers as Philip and Kelvin LaVerne, Vladimir Kagan, Eero Saarinen, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Jorge Zalszupin, Sergio Rodrigues and Giuseppe Scapinelli.
- 'Paracarro' Concrete Dining Table by Giovanni Offredi for Saporiti Italia, 1970sBy Saporiti, Giovanni OffrediLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis sleek modern 'Paracarro' dining table by Giovanni Offredi for Saporiti Italia was sculpted from concrete and chromed steel during the 1970s in Italy. A .75" thick and 50" diameter glass top adorns this stylish table which works great for dinners, games, meetings and as a center table and suitable for indoor or outdoor applications. Great for collectors and interior designers, using...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
Concrete, Steel, Chrome$5,800 Sale Price30% Off
- 'Butterflies' Dining Table by Piero Fornasetti, circa 1970s Italy, SignedBy Piero FornasettiLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis pièce de résistance collectors item is the 'Farfalle' (translated to 'Butterflies') dining table by Piero Fornasetti, circa 1970s, signed underneath with its original studio label. Table height is a perfect 29.25" for dining but also ideal as a cafe, gaming or center table. Such incredible artistry, this round Fornasetti dining table is made with lithographic transfer and lacquered wood that has a white background with colorful butterfly motif and is affixed via screws to a white tulip styled base. One of my favorite aspects of this table is how some of the butterflies cascade down into the edge of the table giving a 3-dimensional effect. The top has been masterfully re-lacquered in a French Polish and looks so incredible - it looks like a sheet of water is floating above the butterflies because it is so clear, vibrant, glossy and smooth while protecting the artwork underneath for decades to come. The 'Farfalle' aka 'Butterflies' motif is documented in the book "Fornasetti, The Complete Universe". This rare piece is sought after by interior designers and collectors alike. Perfect piece to add a little splash of whimsy and intrigue into your interior decor. Contact us for more details on our collection of Fornasetti lamps, tables, bar carts, mirrors, umbrella stands and more. Photographed with the table are Robert Venturi post-modern 'Queen Anne' chairs for Knoll International and Hans Hopfer for Roche Bobois Mah Jong's in Missoni fabrics along with a Missoni Home rug...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
Wood$20,800 Sale Price27% Off
- Monumental Custom Granite and Steel Dining Table by Anthony Lumsden, 1970sLocated in Los Angeles, CAA jaw dropping monumental granite slab and steel dining table by famed Los Angeles architect Anthony Lumsden - custom designed and crafted for his Los Angeles home in the 1970s. Sleek, modern yet a subtle statement piece, partially due to its large size for such heavy materials, but also for its vibrant deep granite veining which reflects light in a shimmering fashion. The thick and large granite slab is heavy with no-doubt, the large chromed steel frame is also very heavy in its own regard - a sign of the quality materials he used. To re-create this staggering piece today would be costly and painfully difficult. Acquiring this dining table, which would also make an incredible conference table as well, is a great opportunity for a collector or architecture aficionado to own something truly unique and special - and something that will stand the test of time. ABOUT THE ARTIST: Anthony Lumsden was a famed American architect most noted for his sculptural futuristic designs with numerous projects in Southern California such as the Tillman Water Reclamation Plant, often seen in Hollywood films and television shows such as Star Trek Next Generation...Category
Vintage 1970s American Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
Granite, Chrome, Steel$10,400 Sale Price25% Off
- 'Circle of Life' Dining or Center Table by Design Institute America, 1980'sBy Design Institute AmericaLocated in Los Angeles, CAThe "Circle of Life" table is unique Post-Modern design by Design Institute America (DIA) designed and produced in the 1980s. Ideal as a dining table, cafe or breakfast table, games ...Category
Vintage 1980s American Post-Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
Steel$2,000 Sale Price56% Off
- 'Wave' Suede Loveseat by Giovanni Offredi for Saporiti Italia, c. 1978, SignedBy Saporiti, Fratelli Saporiti, Giovanni OffrediLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis gorgeous 'Wave' loveseat was designed by Giovanni Offredi for Saporiti Italia in 1974 and features a hefty brushed stainless steel base with suede upholstery. The suede color is...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Modern LoveseatsMaterials
Steel$4,100 Sale Price36% Off
- Sergio Rodrigues Brazilian Jacaranda Rosewood Dining or Center Table, 1960sBy Sergio RodriguesLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis gorgeous 1960s Jacaranda Rosewood dining table by Sergio Rodrigues, named the 'Alex' table, features one of the most vivid and vibrant Brazilian Rosewood tops that we've ever se...Category
Vintage 1960s Brazilian Mid-Century Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
Rosewood$10,500 Sale Price25% Off
- Midcentury Giovanni Offredi Paracarro Dining Table and Chairs for Saporiti, 1973By Saporiti, Giovanni OffrediLocated in Roma, ITUnique "Paracarro" model dining table with a set of four chairs. It was designed by Giovanni Offredi and produced by Saporiti in Italy during 1973. Based on a prototype project, i...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Dining Room SetsMaterials
Concrete, Chrome, Steel
- Giovanni Offredi for Saporiti Dining TableBy Giovanni OffrediLocated in Chicago, ILGiovanni Offredi for Saporiti Italia dining table. Black stained bird’s eye maple table top on black lacquer base.Category
Vintage 1980s European Mid-Century Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Dining table by Giovanni Offredi for Saporiti ItalyBy Saporiti, Giovanni OffrediLocated in Nijlen, VANDining table by Giovanni Offredi for Saporiti Italy Beautiful "brutalist" dining table by Giovanni Offredi for Saporiti. This ...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Giovanni Offredi for Saporiti Italian 'Paracarro' Texture Concrete and Glass DinLocated in New York, NYItalian Mid-Century (circa 1979) 'Paracarro' circular dining table with a textured concrete plinth base with an inset polished chrome support beneath a...Category
20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
Stone, Metal, Chrome
- Italian Mid-Century Glass Beton Table Paracarro by G. Offredi for Saporiti, 1970By Saporiti, Giovanni OffrediLocated in MIlano, ITItalian mid-century glass, metal and beton Table Paracarro by G. Offredi for Saporiti Italia, 1970s Dining table mod. Paracarro with round glass top. The structure that supports the top is made up of a black painted metal cross, embedded in a concrete cylinder...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Giovanni Offredi for Saporiti Dining Table in Birdseye MapleBy Saporiti, Giovanni OffrediLocated in Chicago, ILGiovanni Offredi for saporiti dining table in birdseye maple, with marquetry abstract designs on the surface.Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Post-Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
Wood, Birdseye Maple
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery