Dining Table for Roche Bobois in Black Lacquer by Pierre Cardin, circa 1980
About the Item
- Creator:Pierre Cardin (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 29 in (73.66 cm)Width: 70.75 in (179.71 cm)Depth: 39 in (99.06 cm)
- Style:Art Deco (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:circa 1980
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Beverly Hills, CA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU7867234349072
Best known for creating groundbreaking fashion designs from the 1950s onward, Pierre Cardin enjoyed great success in other design fields, most notably furniture. Cardin’s chairs, cabinets, tables and other pieces share many of the keynotes of his clothing designs. They are simple, geometric, elegant and cool.
Cardin was born in a village near Venice, Italy, and raised in central France. Always interested in fashion, he left home at age 17 to train with a Vichy tailor. After the end of World War II, Cardin moved to Paris and worked for a succession of couture houses, before taking a job with Christian Dior in 1946. Cardin went solo in 1950, and quickly won attention for his novel style. Unlike Dior’s famous New Look, Cardin’s clothes de-emphasized a woman’s curves; his breakthrough pieces like the Bubble dress had, instead, a sculptural quality. In the following decade, Cardin introduced bright tunic dresses and shifts, marketed as the Space Age look and accessorized with vinyl hats and visors.
In the 1970s Cardin expanded his design work into furniture, jewelry and automobiles. (Later, licensing agreements would put Cardin’s name on goods ranging from perfume to sunglasses.) Cardin’s furniture pieces — inspired, perhaps, by the rediscovery of Art Deco design in that decade — feature simple, symmetrical forms, lacquer and figured veneer finishes, and accents in metals such as aluminum and brass.
Whether you are looking for a vintage cocktail dress or a chest of drawers to keep it in, as you will see on 1stDibs, Pierre Cardin offers an option in either that is timelessly chic.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Carson, CA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Pair of Vitrines for Roche Bobois in Black Lacquer by Pierre Cardin, circa 1980By Pierre CardinLocated in Beverly Hills, CAElevate your home decor with this exquisite pair of black lacquer vitrines, masterfully crafted by the legendary Pierre Cardin for Roche Bobois i...Category
Vintage 1980s French Art Deco VitrinesMaterials
- Programma S11 Extending Dining Table by Angelo Mangiarotti, Italy, 1972By Angelo MangiarottiLocated in Beverly Hills, CAExperience the timeless elegance of Angelo Mangiarotti's design with this exquisite round extendable dining table. Created in 1972 for La Sorgente dei Mobili, a renowned member of La...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Art Deco Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Ten Dining Chairs for Mario Sabot: Black Lacquer, circa 1970By Willy RizzoLocated in Beverly Hills, CAEnhance your dining experience with this exquisite set of ten dining chairs designed for Mario Sabot, circa 1970, in the distinguished style of Willy Rizzo. Crafted with meticulous a...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Art Deco Dining Room ChairsMaterials
- Black Lacquer Dry Bar Set, Chrome Detailing, Cow Hide Upholstery, circa 1970By Willy RizzoLocated in Beverly Hills, CAWe are thrilled to present our exquisite Dry Bar Set, meticulously crafted in the style of the renowned Willy Rizzo, circa 1970, and preserved in its origi...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Art Deco Dry BarsMaterials
- Coffee Bar Table in Checkered Burl Wood and Black Stained Veneer, circa 1970By Willy RizzoLocated in Beverly Hills, CAElevate your living space with the exquisite beauty of this stunning Coffee Bar Table, masterfully crafted in the style of the esteemed Willy Rizzo. Dating back to circa 1970, this ...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Art Deco Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Brass Petal Wall Light - Relco Design by Gianfranco Frattini, Circa 1980By Gianfranco FrattiniLocated in Beverly Hills, CAIlluminate your space with the exquisite Brass Petal Wall Light, a remarkable design by Gianfranco Frattini. Crafted with meticulous attention to detail, this iconic piece showcases ...Category
Vintage 1980s French Art Deco Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- Pierre Cardin Dining Table for Roche BoboisBy Pierre Cardin, Roche BoboisLocated in Conversano, ITSuperb table designed by Pierre Cardin for Roche Bobois in the late 70s. The object is in perfect condition, made of brass, lacquered wo...Category
Vintage 1980s French Regency Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Pierre Cardin Roche Bobois Italian Black Lacquer Glass Dining Conference TableBy Pierre Cardin, Roche BoboisLocated in Wayne, NJRoche Bobois for Pierre Cardin Italian high gloss black lacquer dining table with beveled glass inserts on top. It has one leaf 23.62". It is 74" wide without the leaf.Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Lacquered Table with Top Glass by Pierre Cardin for Roche Bobois, 1970sBy Pierre Cardin, Roche BoboisLocated in Montelabbate, PUSquare table by Pierre Cardin for Roche Bobois, 1970s. Black lacquered wood structure, glass top, various woods borders. It can be exten...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
Glass, Wood, Lacquer
- MCM Tinted Mirror Top Extending Dining Table by Roche Bobois for Pierre CardinBy Pierre Cardin, Roche BoboisLocated in Chicago, ILMid-Century Modern Cream Lacquered Tinted Mirror Top Extending Dining Table by Roche Bobois for Pierre Cardin This is a unique Mid-Century Modern Cream lacquered extending dining ...Category
Vintage 1970s French Mid-Century Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Pierre Cardin Dining TableBy Pierre CardinLocated in LOS ANGELES, CAFrench dining table attributed to Pierre Cardin, 1970s. Polished brass bi-color metal base with glass top.Category
Vintage 1970s French Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Postmodern Roche-Bobois Marble Dining Table, 1980sBy Roche BoboisLocated in Chicago, ILA 1980s Postmodern Roche-Bobois marble dining table constructed with Grigio Marquina and Rosso Albania marble with a beautiful linear design. The tabletop has an elegant sharknose be...Category
Vintage 1980s Unknown Post-Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
How Renaissance Man Pierre Cardin Became One of Fashion’s Biggest Names
The visionary designer's futuristic clothing and furniture designs are celebrated in a new show at the Brooklyn Museum.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery