Items Similar to 19th Century Biedermeier Marquetry Vanity Table Jewelry Table Side Table View More
19th Century Biedermeier Marquetry Vanity Table Jewelry Table Side Table
A stunning rare find! This Biedermeier period vanity table from Austria showcases a lemonwood marquetry top in a sunburst pattern. Its central ebony medallion features an inlaid Grecian profile of a classic female figure. A band of sycamore wood inlaid with delicate scrolling leaves in lemonwood completes the top and is repeated around the apron. The vanity top lifts up to reveal its original mirror and a mahogany interior with five compartments where jewelry was kept, circa 1815-1848.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1840
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsMirror is original and shows some hazing.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 31 in. x Dm 20 in.H 78.74 cm x Dm 50.8 cm
- Diameter20 in. (50.8 cm)
- Seller LocationFayetteville, AR
- Seller Reference Number16B148
- Reference NumberLU98326164733
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 1 day of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.8 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2013
Located in Fayetteville, AR
More From This Seller
19th Century Louis XVI Style Marquetry Gueridon...
Antique 19th Century French Louis XVI Gueridon
Mahogany, Palisander, Walnut
A nineteenth century Louis XVI style marquetry octagonal gueridon or table bouillotte with inlay including palisander, walnut, mahogany, and lemonwood. This nineteenth century versio...
Late 19th Century Louis XVI Style Rosewood and ...
Antique Late 19th Century French Louis XVI Side Tables
This French Louis XVI style rosewood and mahogany marquetry gueridon or side table from the late 19th century features a diamond pattern top with inlaid amaranth quatrefoils. The apr...
19th Century Louis Philippe Period Cherry Wood ...
Antique 19th Century French Louis Philippe Side Tables
Constructed of cherrywood, this French Louis Philippe period pedestal side table features a double beveled tilt top that rests on a central turned pillar. The column is supported by ...
Rustic 18th Century French Oak Louis XIII Style...
Antique Late 18th Century French Louis XIII Side Tables
This French Louis XIII style oak side table or end table features an 18th century base supporting a hand pegged bevelled oak top fashioned in the 19th century. A single drawer of dov...